What's new

Italy slams India's move to invoke anti-piracy law on marines

5-6 yrs tops...if you push it. how long have been in indian jail?

Maximum imprisonment for life. But since this case was not very brutal and of mistaken identity, Maximum 10 years. This Anti-Piracy section that they have been charged with will also get them a maximum of 10 years , but labelling them as pirates would be wrong.

How long will this kindergarten play go anyways? Its a farce and just ruins indias image in the world.

Maximum imprisonment for life. But since this case was not very brutal and of mistaken identity, Maximum 10 years. This Anti-Piracy section that they have been charged with will also get them a maximum of 10 years , but labelling them as pirates would be wrong.

I agree charging under piracy law is absolutely ridiculous.

But I have seen where you give grave crimes less time in the indian judicial system. How long have been in jail? take that away from 5 years of sentencing and let it be known as a tragic but fair episode.

:no:

Culpable homicide not amounting to murder has a maximum sentence length of 2 years.

Then that would be my call, they have spent more than that time incarcerated in the Indian jail.. time served and let them go.

That does not make the incident any less tragic but " real law" should apply- not emotions.

Then that would be my call, they have spent more than that time incarcerated in the Indian jail.. time served and let them go.

That does make the incident any less tragic but " real law" should applied- not emotions.

Well that would be correct charge but they are not in jail but at Italian embassy.

That does not make the incident any less tragic but " real law" should apply- not emotions.

I agree 100%. This has to end. That way relations between italy and india can be restored.

How long will this kindergarten play go anyways? Its a farce and just ruins indias image in the world.

Declare war on India....................Oh sorry, that needs BALLS.

I agree 100%. This has to end. That way relations between italy and india can be restored.

if they are on bail having only been a few days behind bars, they need to serve 2 years in jail( not sure if india has time off for good behaviour on a what would be a federal charge) and then let go.

btw the real farce is the joke of judicial appointees in italy and the amanda knox case. You not only disregard any double jeopardy rules , but you even had a judge come out and say the defant was guilty because he( her BF at the time) choose to remain quiet and let his attorneys represent the case. heh

Culpable homicide not amounting to murder has a maximum sentence length of 2 years.

I think this is what they will get, minus the days they have spent in lockup/prison.

if they are on bail having only been a few days behind bars, they need to serve 2 years in jail( not sure if india has time off for good behaviour on a what would be a federal charge) and then let go.

btw the real farce is the joke of judicial appointees in italy and the amanda knox case. You not only disregard any double jeopardy rules , but you even had a judge come out and say the defant was guilty because he choose to remain quiet and let his attorneys represent the case. heh

The amanda knox case is considered a joke in italy anyways...but thats not the topic.

We simply want our marines back home with their families. I hope we can find a solution soon.

Back
Top Bottom