Italy may also launch drone attacks on Pak-Afghan border area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vader

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Akhtar Jamal | Pakistan Observer

Islamabad: According to Airforce-technology.com the United States is now planning to arm Italy’s fleet of MQ-9 Reaper unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) with missiles and bombs, in a bid to “protect Italian armed forces from enemy threats” in Afghanistan.

Until now the United States and Britain had been using drones against “enemy elements” but almost all drones attacks carried out along Pak-Afghan borders areas had been carried out by American CIA.

The website claimed that the Obama administration was likely to announce the deal within two weeks, following which the US-built drones, operated by Italian air forces, will be equipped with weapons such as laser-guided bombs and Hellfire missiles.

The publication quoted Pentagon spokesman, George Little, as saying: “Italy is one of our strongest partners and Nato allies, and it’s important for us, for a variety of reasons, to share technologies and capabilities with them for purposes of burden sharing and to enable them to better protect themselves and, by extension, to protect the United States and our other allies.”

American CIA carries out drone attacks citing “threats from unidentified enemies” and there are fears that if armed with missiles the Italian drones may also hit “possible enemies” considered as “threat to NATO forces”.

The report added that “Italy currently operates surveillance drones to protect its troops deployed to Afghanistan and it is likely that around six of them will be armed.”

The proposed sale may also assist the US in reallocating the global military operations burden, especially at a time when the Pentagon’s budget is facing deficit-reduction by requirements, report added.

According to the report the MQ-9 Reaper is a medium-to-high altitude UAV primarily designed for reconnaissance and surveillance and uses several kinds of sensors, including a thermal camera, and has six stores pylons that can carry a maximum of 4,600lb of weapons and external fuel tanks.

Italy & other European countries are in heavy financial crises thanks to these Imaginary wars.

My dog goes mad and starts to bite everyone around including myself..i am in too much love with the dog and cant kill it ..so no one else should touch it .
If it bites you then it is a mad dog
if you try to kill it then it is my dog
What a weird logic

Akhtar Jamal | Pakistan Observer

Islamabad: According to Airforce-technology.com the United States is now planning to arm Italy’s fleet of MQ-9 Reaper unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) with missiles and bombs, in a bid to “protect Italian armed forces from enemy threats” in Afghanistan.

Until now the United States and Britain had been using drones against “enemy elements” but almost all drones attacks carried out along Pak-Afghan borders areas had been carried out by American CIA.

The website claimed that the Obama administration was likely to announce the deal within two weeks, following which the US-built drones, operated by Italian air forces, will be equipped with weapons such as laser-guided bombs and Hellfire missiles.

The publication quoted Pentagon spokesman, George Little, as saying: “Italy is one of our strongest partners and Nato allies, and it’s important for us, for a variety of reasons, to share technologies and capabilities with them for purposes of burden sharing and to enable them to better protect themselves and, by extension, to protect the United States and our other allies.”

American CIA carries out drone attacks citing “threats from unidentified enemies” and there are fears that if armed with missiles the Italian drones may also hit “possible enemies” considered as “threat to NATO forces”.

The report added that “Italy currently operates surveillance drones to protect its troops deployed to Afghanistan and it is likely that around six of them will be armed.”

The proposed sale may also assist the US in reallocating the global military operations burden, especially at a time when the Pentagon’s budget is facing deficit-reduction by requirements, report added.

According to the report the MQ-9 Reaper is a medium-to-high altitude UAV primarily designed for reconnaissance and surveillance and uses several kinds of sensors, including a thermal camera, and has six stores pylons that can carry a maximum of 4,600lb of weapons and external fuel tanks.

So indirectly its the united states which are gonna continue bombing:usflag:

why will italy do such a foolish thing?
To impress India :lol:

Good job Italy.
happyitalyflag.gif

hmm their are more than 40 more in NATO. so.........how many have drones?

They just want to enhance their ability to carry out such strikes in active war zone, Practice makes a man perfect....:D

A Lion was passing through a Hut in the Jungle, and on the roof of that hut there was a sheep............when lion was passing, sheep start calling bad names to lion................lion said......it is not you who is calling my names.....it is this hut on roof of that you are standing.................So now Italy sitting in Uncle SAM's lap is going to do this.:smokin:

Reactions: AUz
My dog goes mad and starts to bite everyone around including myself..i am in too much love with the dog and cant kill it ..so no one else should touch it .
If it bites you then it is a mad dog
if you try to kill it then it is my dog
What a weird logic

What if this is the dog that protects my house from the vicious bitches in the neighborhood and that's why the dog is considered 'mad' by these neighboring bitches? Should I still kill him because of the bitches around my house?

Seems like we have to call animal control team....:lol:

amother news report says italy will give free pizzas to pakistan in return to allowing drone strikes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom