What's new

Italy delivering surplus self-propelled howitzers to Pakistan Army

PA requirements keep changing. Once there was a requirement of hundreds of wheeled SPGs. Some were evaluated but PA has inducted M-109 only
Well that maybe fine, but do you think it is comparable to m777 in terms of performance (specs, quality, reliability etc.)?
How do you rate various chinese artillery pieces? In my opinion no one can beat the chinese favorable financial assistance packages and prospects of local production in case of Pakistan - so if they are even barely as good as other American/western options then I don't understand why PA is shying from ordering them in mass? In times of war as well the reliable logistic supply from China is another plus.

Well that maybe fine, but do you think it is comparable to m777 in terms of performance (specs, quality, reliability etc.)?
How do you rate various chinese artillery pieces? In my opinion no one can beat the chinese favorable financial assistance packages and prospects of local production in case of Pakistan - so if they are even barely as good as other American/western options then I don't understand why PA is shying from ordering them in mass? In times of war as well the reliable logistic supply from China is another plus.
Many years back, PA wanted to modernise all artillery to 155 mm standard.Then PA drifted towards wheeled artillery. PA wanted to go for TOT of Panter 155mm but stalled again.
PA should have started from an in-house production of 105mm, but never happened. Now there are 105mm, 122mm, 130mm,155mm, 203mm. First a standard has to be chosen and PA needs to stick to it.

Infact in case of artillery, PA started acquiring MLRS and HATF series missiles. All these projects cannot go side by side. 155mm packs a punch which 105mm does not, so any type of 155mm should be locally produced. But in reality due to M-109's making their way into PA, the towed gun regiments are shifted to Infantry formations. So in either case (towed or SP) the number of overall artillery guns are increasing.

M-777 is an excellent weapon, can be lifted by heli. Which Heli in PA will lift M-777 or AH-4. IA has such helis (Mi-26 and CH-47).

Pakistan Army might not go for both these as Viper is under consideration. Its supposed to be better than M-113. PUMA 4x4 and 6x6 are not in use with PA hence highly unlikely they would be purchased.
Pakistan is buying all M-113 stocks from around the world, for spare parts, continuesly mechanisation of current mechanised Divisions. LAT and HAT, replacement for atrittion and may be mass conversation to VIPER. I think we have ca. 2500-3000 M-113 in service.

approximately 500 Leopard 1A2 tanks that can be upgraded and Bell 412 and 212 are interesting.
PA might be interested in the Bell 412 and 212.

approximately 500 Leopard 1A2 tanks that can be upgraded and Bell 412 and 212 are interesting.
PA might be interested in the Bell 412 and 212.
Leopard 1is a excellent Tank, would suit perfect to replace all T-59 Tanks and shift the Type-59 to the eastern Border (FC).
I can't believe you guys just said that.

Back
Top Bottom