What's new

It wasn't China, but Nehru who declared 1962 war: Australian journalist Neville Maxwell

Yes India did setup posts and Chinese objected to those posts ..... what is new in that. Indians already know this fact, it is even written in Wikepedia.

Tibet is an autonomous region and is under occupation......the border is not clearly marked as well.

This Einstein journalist has not written anything new.

India has its own cause regarding forward policy and concerns about Chinese advancement into Tibet and they are legitimate.

Actually, that's not the point.

It's true that border was never settled, this is why the McMahon Line served as the de facto border.

The problem started when Nehru declined multiple Chinese requests to negotiate a final border. According to the Henderson Brooks report, Nehru unilaterally drew up the border and tried to enforce it through the Forward Policy.

In order to implement Nehru's Forward Policy, the Indian military set up posts north of the McMahon Line and fired on Chinese troops multiple times. These unilateral provocations, by any international norm, constitute a declaration of war.

In other words, Nehru called China's bluff, expecting China to back down, but China didn't.

By refusing to negotiate a border settlement and unilaterally enforcing Nehru's version of the border through force, India started the war. This is why Henderson Brooks report is still classified to this day.

As I said before, you can now download the report and read it for yourself: it clearly implicates Nehru as the aggressor.

Actually, that's not the point.

It's true that border was never settled, this is why the McMahon Line served as the de facto border.

The problem started when Nehru declined multiple Chinese requests to negotiate a final border. According to the Henderson Brooks report, Nehru unilaterally drew up the border and tried to enforce it through the Forward Policy.

Election time and time to degrade congress leadership !!!

In order to implement Nehru's Forward Policy, the Indian military set up posts north of the McMahon Line and fired on Chinese troops multiple times. These unilateral provocations, by any international norm, constitute a declaration of war.

In other words, Nehru called China's bluff, expecting China to back down, but China didn't.

By refusing to negotiate a border settlement and unilaterally enforcing Nehru's version of the border through force, India started the war. This is why Henderson Brooks report is still classified to this day.

As I said before, you can now download the report and read it for yourself: it clearly implicates Nehru as the aggressor

The representative from Tibet agreed to Mcmohan line but Chinese refused to negotiate on Arunachal Preadesh claiming entire area.

Those posts are not aimed at occupying Tibetan lands ...... But to set up posts at strategic locations just into Tibetan lands.

Some character assasination attempts are going on ..... picturing Nehru as aggressor and arrogant.

It is Nehru who call "Hindi - Chini Bhai Bhai" ..... "Indians and Chinese are brothers".

:lol:

India omitted the clause of "One china" never said Tibet is not an integral part of China.

What are Chinese doing in India's neighborhood??

Arming nations with nuclear war heads and stationing chinese military in disputed regions etc...etc ......

As if Chinese CCP is behaving properly with India :)

I do have a feeling that in the long term China and India will work together ...... but at the moment it is far safer if we grow with cautious attitude :tup: towards each other.

The Chinese are in your neighbourhood now, they weren't before, only now as it is a payback for the back stabbing.

The Chinese are in your neighbourhood now, they weren't before, only now as it is a payback for the back stabbing.

There is no back stabbing from India ...... Yes Chinese are expanding their influence with their economy and military. But India has the experience of facing neighbors backed by strong powers.

India is not a push over nor we have to fear any one ..... we only have to increase our military capabilities and make economy strong.

There is no back stabbing from India ...... Yes Chinese are expanding their influence with their economy and military. But India has the experience of facing neighbors backed by strong powers.

India is not a push over nor we have to fear any one ..... we only have to increase our military capabilities and make economy strong.

May be the case, but you people back stabbed them, your forward policy turned out to be backward policy.

They are paying you back for your sins, no matter how much your economy grows or your military strengthens you will never be on par with china.

May be the case, but you people back stabbed them, your forward policy turned out to be backward policy.

They are paying you back for your sins, no matter how much your economy grows or your military strengthens you will never be on par with china.
And now China is following Forward Policy (incursions :P )
The rest Time will tell.

They are you paying you back for your sins, no matter how much your economy grows or your military strengthens you will never be on par with china.

I do not think it is the case ..... we are optimistic and we have the potential to harness.

Regarding forward policy ..... I donot see anything wrong !!

If India has to capture some strategic posts for the sake of defending its borders ..... I say do it.

I have not come across so much bull$hit in one post since the last time Asad71 posted.

One day Indians would have to wake up an accept historic facts that their govt has hidden from them. Indian citizen has been lied to that they are a 'living embodiment of Gandhi' and have never commited aggression.

As the time goes by and Indian textbook lies break down one by one, Indians would have to face the 'real' history of their aggression towards its neighbors.
As a matter of fact, Indians are well aware of each of the stories in the cases you mentioned. We also know it is not true - these are but the figments of lies that is fed to all Pakistanis by their deep state.

* The myth of 'Tribal invasion' it fabricated to invade the Muslim land of Kashir.
There is no myth. The tribal invasion which was encouraged by Jinnah provided the perfect excuse to India to take Kashmir. The tribals raped and looted their way to kashmir.

* The 1948 'Police action' in the state of Hyderabad resuling in the butchery of tens of thousands of Muslims followed by 'unification' with India.
The Police action did nothing but remove the Nizam. The resulting riots were because the razakars had been buthering Hindus under the Nizam's rule. Simply a blow back of Nizam's attitude towards the Hindus.

But as Pakistani's are conditioned to only care for Muslim deaths, while attempting genocide to ethnically cleanse the rest of non Muslims wherever possible, they would not know this.

* Lal Bahadur Shashtri's annexation of Kashmir in 1964 which was a declaration of war finally leading to war in 1965.
All the acquisition of Kashmir that had to be done was done back in 1947/48.

Pakistan tried to send its famed SSG to instigate rebellion in Kashmir, which failed. The locals had these Pakistani's caught.
Pakistan's Operation Gibraltar - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gibraltar - was the cause of the war in 1965.

Pakistan was the aggressor as well as instigator of the war - and still ended up losing it.

* Oxford scholar Sharmila Bose debunked Indian lies about the war of 1971. India had been training the insurgents and creating chaos for over a decade before the war took place. India presents itself as a 'saviour' of Bangladesh now. The fact is that it invaded its neighbor during a domestic conflict.
Of course we did it. Quite proud of it too.
We did what Pakistani's had been trying to do since 1960's in trying to arm and fund the rebels in North East India using East Pakistan as a conduit. Its not our fault that Pakistani's are incompetent.

* Indians would also need to admit that they burned Sri Lanks for 20 years, hoping to see it collapse and 'join mother India'.
Pakistani fantasies always end up imagining that India wants other's to 'Join mother India'.
Laughable and cute. But no. India did not want SL to join India...it was simply a way to teach them lessons for allowing Pakistani flights to land in Sri Lanka during 1971 war along with allowing US to get a naval base there.

* The truth about the Indian aggression against China has also come out in a big way.
The only thing actually coming out - that Nehru was at fault.

Once a concerned Indian citizen is ready to face the truth it would understand the reason why India's neighbors 'love' it so much.
Nothing you wrote above had any iota of reality in them - just mindless anti India conspiracies fed to the gullible Pakistani junta to support their military in their self imagined glories.

As a matter of fact..all of Pakistan's neighbours barring China have a problem with Pakistan - Iran, Afghanistan, India. Dont really know what else to point out here except the obvious.

And now China is following Forward Policy (incursions :P )
The rest Time will tell.

Fair enough but you have given them the excuse to do it by carrying out a similar policy in the past.

I do not think it is the case ..... we are optimistic and we have the potential to harness.

Regarding forward policy ..... I donot see anything wrong !!

If India has to capture some strategic posts for the sake of defending its borders ..... I say do it.

Yup and then those posts got you a spanking, go ahead do it again but I don't think the Chinese will be that merciful this time.

Yup and then those posts got you a spanking, go ahead do it again but I don't think the Chinese will be that merciful this time.

We do not need to grab anything now to fight chinese..... Chinese themselves are doing what we have done in 1962 ...... the question here is

"whether India shows any mercy next time chinese intrude into Indian territory??"

One day Indians would have to wake up an accept historic facts that their govt has hidden from them. Indian citizen has been lied to that they are a 'living embodiment of Gandhi' and have never commited aggression.

As the time goes by and Indian textbook lies break down one by one, Indians would have to face the 'real' history of their aggression towards its neighbors.

* The myth of 'Tribal invasion' it fabricated to invade the Muslim land of Kashir.

* The 1948 'Police action' in the state of Hyderabad resuling in the butchery of tens of thousands of Muslims followed by 'unification' with India.

* Lal Bahadur Shashtri's annexation of Kashmir in 1964 which was a declaration of war finally leading to war in 1965.

* Oxford scholar Sharmila Bose debunked Indian lies about the war of 1971. India had been training the insurgents and creating chaos for over a decade before the war took place. India presents itself as a 'saviour' of Bangladesh now. The fact is that it invaded its neighbor during a domestic conflict.

* Indians would also need to admit that they burned Sri Lanks for 20 years, hoping to see it collapse and 'join mother India'.

* The truth about the Indian aggression against China has also come out in a big way.

Once a concerned Indian citizen is ready to face the truth it would understand the reason why India's neighbors 'love' it so much.
1. The Kabaili Lashkar attack was very very real. Source - I Indo-Pakistani War, 1947–1949 By Tom Cooper Air Combat Information Group 29 October 2003
Besides, land does not become Muslim land. It's not so difficult to come out of a narrow minded view of the world. The Chinese have done it well. :enjoy:

2. The 1948 unification of Hyderabad was a foregone conclusion and so was the butchering of the Razakars. The atrocities on the Hindus by the Muslim elite for decades will of course not trouble you.

3. 1965 War happened entirely due to Gibralter. No less no more.

4. Bangladesh conflict has been discussed to death. If all was a conspiracy, no one is preventing you to rejoin again. :coffee: As for Sharmila Bose, we have threads running on that as well.Not to mention - I can quote many other scholars refuting her completely.

5. India never wanted to annex Sri Lanka. Not even after our PM was eliminated by a suicide bomber.

6. Nehru is not someone I like or trust and so can't comment. I have never hidden my contempt for his decisions.

@Chinese-Dragon - If you wish to learn and dig more, I would suggest you go deeper and take everyone's post with a grain of salt. If you wish to take Aero's words about India - hook line and sinker... I will only feel sad for you. :(

Last edited:
We do not need to grab anything now ..... Chinese themselves are doing what we have done in 1962 ...... the question here is

"whether India shows any mercy next time chinese intrude into Indian territory??"

Going by the past news they have done, setup camps and so on, I didn't see any merciless action from Indian side, however you can point out any if there was.

Of course you don't want to grab any land, it was that idea that got you in trouble last time and now you have to sleep with one eye open.

Anyway enough of this, if there is to be any action then any sane and wise person will place his or her money on China.

Going by the past news they have done, setup camps and so on, I didn't see any merciless action from Indian side, however you can point out any if there was.

Of course you don't want to grab any land, it was that idea that got you in trouble last time and now you have to sleep with one eye open.

Anyway enough of this, if there is to be any action then any sane and wise person will place his or her money on China.

On paper teams look strong but on field the battle will be decided and I think we have atleast 7 to 8 years to develop our capabilities in order to confront China.

On paper teams look strong but on field the battle will be decided and I think we have atleast 7 to 8 years to develop our capabilities in order to confront China.

You think Chinese will sit idle for 7 years?.

They got it all planned, latest addition to their ranks is Sri Lanka, next Bangladesh which is already half in, Nepal & Bhutan will go to Chinese corner.

Where does that leave you guys on a serious note?.

You think Chinese will sit idle for 7 years?.

They got it all planned, latest addition to their ranks is Sri Lanka, next Bangladesh which is already half in, Nepal & Bhutan will go to Chinese corner.

Where does that leave you guys on a serious note?.

Chinese have lot of disputes all around them like in the East sea, Taiwan, SCS, Arunachal pradesh etc...etc...

Chinese will not sit idle but try to gain influence in S.Asia undermining India.

India do have some cards in its hand to counter the moves of Chinese, one of them is Japanese. Japan is more than willing to partner India to negate Chinese influence and India and Japan are complementary and ideal partners on the economic front.

In Srilanka India and Japan are working together, for Japan is the number one investor in Srilanka only recently overtaken by China. But India and Japan are working together off late in executing power projects, Srilankan auto mobile sector etc...etc..

Regarding Bangladesh India is working to solve the issues related to water deals and Border incidents. India and Japan are executing a connectivity project which will connect ASEAN with India. I think Bangladesh will also be roped in.

Regarding Bangladeshi public anger against India, India will work on that.

Bhutan has some territory disputes with China and they are fully dependent on India. India is executing power projects in Bhutan and also Indian army is present there.

Nepal has been drifting because of Chinese influence , there are some options with India regarding this

1) Have a defense co operation and security pact with Nepal and Bhutan.

2) Make those two countries as a part of Indian Union on some conditions ... like England and Scotland.

In the mean time India has to speed up the economic and military reforms.

Back
Top Bottom