What's new

It’s All In The Perception!

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score

By Adnan Gill

Wednesday December 24, 2008

Recently, the Indian Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh labeled Pakistan to be the ‘epicenter of terrorism’. Is it true or a deliberate campaign to manufacture negative perceptions is in full swing? One way to answer the question is through a rhetorical question: do all the terrorists hold Pakistani identity cards, or are trained in Pakistan? Not at all! If the Indians choose to suffer from selective amnesia over their self-indulgences in terrorism (including state terrorism) then a brief introspective look should joggle their memories.
Since Mumbai attacks, Indians are crying, the ‘sky is falling.’ As deplorable as the attacks were, they pale when compared to the Indian state terrorism and the pogroms regularly carried out by the Hindu extremists; which are arguably much worse than the isolated cases of terrorism. But God forbid if even a single crocodile tear is wasted on the victims of Indian sponsored terrorism, both within and outside India. Could it be true that India also has many skeletons in its closet that needs to be exposed too? At the forefront of Indian terrorism is its infamous intelligence agency, Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).

But before visiting the memory lanes, it might be prudent to familiarize ourselves with the definition of terrorism. The Webster’s dictionary defines ‘terrorism’ as: “the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.”

Following are some of most glaring examples of Indian terrorism:

1. In 1971, at the cost of thousands of deaths, India maliciously severed Pakistan.

2. In June 1984, during the Operation Blue Star, Indian army massacred over 7,000 Sikhs.

3. In November 1984, in New Delhi well over 3,000 Sikhs were cut to pieces by the Hindu terrorists.

4. In 1992, Hindu terrorist groups, such as VHP and Bajrang Dal, demolished the 500 years old Babri Masjid.

5. Since early 1990s, the Indian military systematically exterminated close to 80,000 Kashmiri Muslims.

6. During the last 20 years alone, thousands of Christians are butchered by the Hindu terrorists. A gruesome example of such atrocities stood out when Bajrang Dal’s terrorists burnt alive the Australian missionary and his two young sons.

7. In 2002, Hindu terrorists slaughtered some 2,000 Muslims in Gujarat. Sickening confessions of the VHP's leaders (e.g. Babu Bajrangi’s), responsible for the attacks, are available on the YouTube.

8. In 2007, over 60 Pakistanis were burnt alive in India. The gruesome massacre was the handy work of Bajrang Dal’s terrorist Lt Col Prasad Shrikant Purohit.

9. A brainchild of terrorist RAW, the globally known terrorist organization Tamil Tigers/LTTE was founded in 1972. To this day Tamils are funded, trained and armed by RAW. Its cadre are trained and provided safe-heavens in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu.

10. Just last September, VHP terrorists destroyed dozens of Christian churches. They also set a Christian orphanage on fire, and burned to death a 20-year-old Christian teacher.

Pick any of US State Department report on the Religious Freedom in India; one realizes, religious minorities in India had been systematically persecuted far worse than in rest of the world put together. The reports squarely blame the Hindu terrorist groups, like BJP, RSS, VHP and Bajrang Dal for gross human rights violations of the minorities (including Muslims, Christians, Sikhs and Dalits). If that’s not terrorism, then what is?

Since 1968, RAW had been intimately involved in everything that could be considered as terrorism. Its dirty deeds include, but not limited to: drugs trafficking, human trafficking, arms trafficking, coup d'etat in foreign nations, subversive activities, assassinations, nuclear proliferation, and downright recruiting, funding and training of exporting terrorists.

Some of feathers in RAW’s cap are: Creation and support of Mukti Bahini. Mujibur Rahman's assassination. Subversive activities and flagrant spread of terrorism in Sri Lanka. Subversive activities in the Raj of Sikkim. Could it be mere coincidence that dozen or so Indian consulates dot the Pakistani border with Afghanistan? RAW established terrorist training camps in Afghanistan to spread terrorism in Pakistan in general, and in specific to infiltrate terrorists in Balochistan and NWFP. Cultivated, nurtured and armed Burmese terrorist groups like the Kachin Independence Army. Subversive activities in Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet. Nuclear proliferation activities include smuggleing of flow meter units, and feed & withdrawal equipment for the nuclear centrifuge cascades. CIA mole in RAW, Rabinder Singh, who defected to the US with documentary evidence, confirmed RAW’s infatuation with terrorism.

Some Indian Chanakyas are working overtime to capitalize on the Mumbai tragedy by manufacturing a supposed war of civilizations. They want to divide the civilized world between the so-called murderous Muslims and a hapless troika of Hindus, Jews and Christians. If the objective of the Mumbai terrorists was to take on the besieged troika, they must have been out of their minds to spend so many resources to take on the Christians and Jews in India when they could have easily killed many more in Afghanistan, where all the help and resources are readily available.

Ironically, despite the bloodletting of hundred of thousands of minorities and foreign nationals, not a single Hindu or RAW terrorist could be found on UN’s, EU’s or even on US lists of terrorists. Conspicuously, not a peep could be heard from the so-called fair and balanced Indian and Western media, neither over the export of terrorism or the genocides that routinely take place in India.

During the last three decades, Pakistan has experienced more acts of terrorism than rest of the world put together. More Pakistanis had fallen to the terrorist attacks then rest of the world together. More Pakistani soldiers have sacrificed their lives fighting the terrorists (on RAW’s payroll) then all the NATO put together. Naturally, one has to wonder, is the bad reputation systematically forced upon Pakistan: a reality or a perception hyped by the enemies of Pakistan; especially, when their own record is arguably much worst?

Why my message was deleted. I have given point by point rebuttal to the above article with a lot of effort. If anybody didn't like my points please do rebuttal of that. This is unfair.

This article itself is full of propaganda, when I gave Indian point of view for the above, why it has been deleted. What are you expecting me to write about this article, that everything is right in this article.

"You seem to be under the delusion that repeating lies makes them the truth - I haven't read a single credible or new argument here on this forum, it's the same old recycledru is t crap."

This is not our strategy,this is India strategy is based on "Chankia Ideology".This ideology is one of the worst on the earth.
Its mean that whatever India say is truth and whatever we say is lie.

You have to study that we Muslims do not lie....

Whereas there is very famous quote about People like VHP, Shiv Sena and RSS,May be it is harsh to say but is truth.I am not saying this for moderate hindus but for people like i mention above.
Hindos hide the knife in their sleeve and says "Ram Ram"means that asked for peace but have intentions for attack in facts.

I will say again tht i am saying above for extremist people in India,those who had not accepted the Pakistan yet.
This quote is most of time true.Because our elders never say anything without proof.

Actually problem is this, we Muslim people ruled India for more then 1000 years,unfortunately due to our faults, we lost our government on India,now we are again in power i mean as a separate powerful Muslim country.Now when India see that Pakistan is getting more and more powerful.Our recent development in missile technology and steps for strong airforce are bitter for India.
So most of time India put blames on us for her every bad things.India do best to put pressure on us,but our strong believe in the one God save us.Because the God is one,only the great and the powerful.
India is afraid of us,Here I will mention today India External Affairs minister Pranab Mukherjee statement "

Denying any ultimatum being set for Pakistan to act, he said, "no ultimatum was set. There is no question of any ultimatum. Nobody has set any ultimatum."
Why contradiction with previous statements,because now India has realized that war with Paksitan is not child play.Pakistan is not a sweet cake to eat,in fact a very hard nut,a nation with 160 million Muslims,a atomic power state.May be India has realized that this time war will result into Pakistan rule on India again for more then 1000 years.

If India wants peace remembers these golden rules-

Accept our existence with heart all problem be will solved.
Remember that Muslims are very much passionate and trust on their Allah.They do not care about the world power,they do not care about the weapons.They even fight without weapons because our weapons are not made up with the materials but with the strong beliefs and trust.
Afghanistan people are very clear example for Indians,they have defeated the world power with out modern weapons.

and one last thing a very bitter thing that
Masters are Masters Slaves are Slaves.

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

“Strategic Depth” is responsible for Mumbai attack. It is not Kashmir, neither Babri Masjid nor is it Godhra.

Radical elements, whether you call them Taliban, LET, HuJI, SIMI, etc can make them an issues and reasons to kill innocents.

These might even be the issues for the misinformed citizen in a Pakistani streets and some section of the misinformed Indian streets for which, they would like to kill or are being killed.

Mumbai Attack is for strategic depth.

Post 9/11, overnight, the shinning trophy of ISI-Pak Army’s brilliant success of Afghanistan was lost. No nation, without strategic depth, can ever dream of becoming a military power, leave alone super power. Pakistan has limited “Strategic Depth”. If the question of existence arises, vis-à-vis Pakistan, Indian forces can disseminate Pakistan in matter of days, should it come to an all out war. Nuke or no Nuke.

India will still exist as a nation, with severe destruction, but Pakistan will cease to exist. This is not India specific. If tomorrow, it has a war with Iran, it will be the same story. Let us not even bring in NATO to this equation.

Hafeez and Gang, may or may not be able to appreciate – “ Strategic Depth”. The Pak Army and it’s other instruments does.

Pakistan was hoodwinking the US and NATO forces. It was running with the foxes and hunting with the hounds. Obama is smarter. Obama’s declared policy talks about going after Pakistan. Bush would look like an angel, if Obama pursues his stated Pak-Policy. The Pakistani Establishment has till February 09, to kick out NATO forces from Afghanistan to secure it’s “Strategic Depth” – Afghanistan. But, of course, they can not show their allies the door, just like that, with the world community watching.

For this, they will have to get the Taliban and Talibanised citizens on their side. Divert the world attention from their western borders, before the army can make an exit and leave NATO’s logistical support on tatter, easing NATO’s Exist.

This was time to bring in the “Big Bad India” rhetoric. And Mumbai Attack was carried out.

2007 and 2008 were extremely frustrating for the Pakistani establishment, all their calculations and provocations were not yielding any results. Bomb attacks after attacks through out Indian cities, through their state instruments – HuJI, SIMI and LET etc., were not being responded to by the Indian Government. ( I am sure the Pakis hate our ex-HM more than the Indians).

Meanwhile, time was running out and as the last resort, the Pakistani Army & it’s instruments took the decision of Mumbai Attack. I presume, the brief would have been, as Kasab spelled, kill as many as possible. Leave enough clues to connect to Pakistan but, can be disowned and hope this will generate enough anger in the Citizen and forcing the Indian government to do a 2001.

But, the Pakistani army might have broken quite a few mirrors :) :) . Bad Luck. India did not move a single soldier to the Pak front. You can’t even trust an arch enemy anymore. What the world has come to!! J

February is coming. And they need to get things done, before Obama.

Rake up the war hysteria! Again unfortunately for Pakistan, India has a Sardar as PM. Don’t tell me; Pakistan actually believed the Sardar jokes!!! :) :) Misfortune, again for the Pakistani Army. The Joke is on you now.

Our Sardar declared no WAR.

What now?? The existence of Pakistan is in question. The same terrorists that Pakistani Establishments has nurtured have come back to roost, NATO in it’s western border, Economy is in deep **** and without Afghanistan, no strategic depth to actually flex nuclear muscle ( Nuclear Blackmail read Nuclear Begging like North Korea ) . Without a war with India, Pakistan will implode within the next five years.

I will not be surprised if we see another attack more severe than Mumbai, before Obama takes office. I will not be surprised, if the Pakistani Army without any cover carries out attacks to provoke India.

This is not our strategy,this is India strategy is based on "Chankia Ideology".This ideology is one of the worst on the earth.

You don't understand the Chanakya ideology. It is about strategy not propaganda. It is followed all over the world even in Pakistan.

It is all in the perception. Hence the continuous drone from Indian commentators and insinuations by their government that it is the PA that is 'at fault', that is is the PA that has to be 'reformed'.

As I mentioned elsewhere, that monotonous drone in fact betrays the emasculated reality of India and her armed forces - not so much so in terms of tangible assets or material strength (where parity to an extent exists, though the Indians like to pretend that they are superior to the point of being dismissive), but in terms of psyche.

Whether it is the Indian civilian analyst or military professional, the drone is one of pleading and begging the West in an attempt to reshape perceptions to incorporate the PA as the 'enemy'.

'Take the PA down and all is solved' whine this lot. Apparently the militants are fighting and killing the PA because ... well, you'd have to ask the numbskulls who advance theories that 'its all the PA' and that they, India, 'understand the nature of the Pashtun and can fix it'.

Its a bizarre view, utterly divorced from reality and buried in a desire to get someone else to do that which India cannot hope to. It is also an extremely dangerous view, since it seeks not to address the core problem of denying 'non-state actors' the space, political and physical, to operate, but rather, borne from sheer hate for Pakistan, attempt to destroy her through destroying her military. The extremist wolves will then prowl with abandon, and nations East and West of Pakistan will perform multiple 'Gaza's in an attempt to contain the fall out.

Last edited:
I could not resist saying this for the big nag that if Atomic war breaks out, Pakistan may be destroyed, and their will be some Indians left. what makes Indian believe that when Atomic war starts we will not use all we have and in a war like that no country is bigger than the atomic weapons. But the fact is that;-

DOES HE NOT KNOW THAT THOSE WHO LIVE WILL BEG TO DIE THAN LIVE THE WAY THEY WOULD BE LIVING. IT WILL BE A HORRIBLE LIFE, U BE BETTER OFF DEAD.

I guess again Indian agenda has come into play and not the common knowledge that he should have known all along. Just shooting the mouth off to argue.

if it was a good human he would say let us sit and talk and that all the problems can be solved by negotiations based on International law and truth. But Indians will not even think about it. What a blooming pity.

Last edited:
I could not resist saying this for the big nag that if Atomic war breaks out, Pakistan may be destroyed, and their will be some Indians left. what makes Indian believe that when Atomic war starts we will not use all we have and in a war like that no country is bigger than the atomic weapons. But the fact is that;-

DOES HE NOT KNOW THAT THOSE WHO LIVE WILL BEG TO DIE THAN LIVE THE WAY THEY WOULD BE LIVING. IT WILL BE A HORRIBLE LIFE, U BE BETTER OFF DEAD.

I guess again Indian agenda has come into play and not the common knowledge that he should have known all along. Just shooting the mouth off to argue.

if it was a good human he would say let us sit and talk and that all the problems can be solved by negotiations based on International law and truth. But Indians will not even think about it. What a blooming pity.

Dear asq, thank you for your comments... Indeed, I agree with you about the horrors of a nuclear war.... please check the following thread, where, i had discussed some of the observation, indepth. http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-india-crisis/19249-wargaming-cold-start.html However, should you want to discuss further, I will be happy to carry of the discussions. Regards ~ Thebignag:enjoy:

In the post u mentioned u have the same rhetoric and I have answered that the remaining Indian will wish that they were dead,

I am open to discuss any matter with u as long as Mr. bignag u will be rational, truthful and willing to accept the rules that are acceptable in the world.

Last edited:
Fine. Our Hindu nutjobs kill Muslims in India, and yes it is wrong. We don't ask for aid money, IMF bailouts and foriegn assistance in fightng our own nutjobs, and hence, it is a domestic affair that we will deal with in due course. Your issues are international by nature, and hence open to discussion because we, as a region and as a world, pay for their consequences.

The RSS was never a government outfit--quite the contrary, over India's 62 year history, the Hindu fundoos have only been in power for five years. They killed Gandhi, and were hence vigorously vilified by successive Congress governments.

In case nobody on this forum has heard, India also conducted the IPKF (International Peacekeping Force) mission to destroy the LTTE, but withdrew after casualties were deemed unacceptable. While RAW did not train the LTTE, we went through a period following Indira Gandhi's death, where Congress began playing communal politics--the LTTE were the Tamil's 30 pieces of silver.

They killed one of our prime ministers, just as your home-ISI-grown Taliban killed Benazir bhutto. Difference is that RAW reported directly to the Prime Minister who was murdered, Rajiv Gandhi, while the ISI reported to your militray leaders.

Realise that not everything has a parallel, and that while we talk about international terror emanating from Pakistan, not a single Indian Citizen, whether Hindu, Muslim or Jew, has been caught committing an act of terror. Yes, you may rant about Indian involvment in Pakistan--give us firm evidence and we shall be duely humbled. Provide us with the Indian nationals who have been killing your people, or evidence to that end, and we shall hang, draw, and quarter them to order, as we shall, eventually, to Mohammed Afzal and Mohammed Ajmal Kasab. Do so in an international forum, so you may create massive outrage and great anger among Muslim nations--the Congress Party will be forced to act to appease its Muslim voter-base.

The critics remind me of a famous lines of Kabir - "nindak niyare rakhiye, aangan kuti chaway, binu paani, binu sabuna, nirmal kare sukhay meaning the critic should be kept close to one's notice at he is the one like a soap who cleanses the all mental dirt and mud and help purify.
I doubt how many of the critics of India would take that!
The south Asian societies never had simple histories, in fact, that is the very reason why we have history far far richer of pre-industrial times compared to the rest of the world. So, friends when we talk about perception, always remember it is something which reveals our socio-psychological built-up of no less than 1500 years at least.
India has no doubt far more maladies than a minuscule few you have enlisted. But, India is a moving India, even where the state fails our civil society seeks redressal and the public opinion has an effect on the policy makers. I doubt if you can say confidently for Pakistan, esp. during the times of Prez. Musharraf's regime.
It would not be off the mark that recently on a sensitive communal issue of Kandhamal riots in Orrissa, that Home Minister Chidambaram himself went and tendered an open apology with the commitment that the guilty would be punished, at least he had the guts to say so. How many of the Pakistani ministers would say for the Taliban atrocities on the Sikhs and they being asked to pay jazia. Even, recently there was an askance of 6 million ruppees from the Sikhs of Peshawar region.
So my simple point is that perceptions can be bigger and more incorporating if we wish to understand others, more needed for our neighbours.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom