What's new

IST Students Successfully Tested Pakistan’s 1st Circular Planform Airplane

oh, then i will join MQM to teach you lesson:devil:

It is also another example that I have seen here after africa. It is a patriotic forum and Pakistani forum and the true pakistani members are fighting with each other. :hang2:

Hello Folks,

It is my 1st post in this forum before that I was just reading it silently. This IST post prompt me to register and share. What I think about these flies.

At the 1st page. I have seen a semi/circle shaped RC plane.

In the 1st sight, I was amazed by its speed. I am alone and doing some research on such kind of project but I had spend my previous 1 year in making my ideas/preparation.

Most of the users talk about the design of the semi/circle rc fly to adopt it into our air-crafts.

The 1st problem with that plane is. I think it cannot take turn more than 45 degree. If it will that will fall down on earth.

According to my experience, right now they had used DC Motor that is fixed in the blasa wood panel which is placed in front of the plane. If we will develop this fly with a piston based fuel engine, then for sure, this design doesn't have any capability to bear the load. It cannot tolerate with such an extensive vibration that will cause by the piston engine. In this regards it is a better toy for the hobby. The overall conclusion is that it cannot bear the load of fuel cylinders or etc.

The space in the middle of the plane is very attractive because you can attach some of the solar panels and make the batteries to work with the solar energy. There is again the same point will get involve that it will not able to handle weight.

The landing of the plane isn't ideal. It touched the ground.

In the second video the plane has complete piston based engine and just same like the other RC planes so I don't want to talk about it. PAF has such kind of planes (2nd video). They use it for hobby. Nothing more.

UAV has some different aspects. Although this post isn't related to generally for uav so I don't like to discuss it here.

Thank you.

Hi,

I asked my brother ( who is batch-mate of the team members of this project in IST) to answer these questions. Below is the reply from the team.

The 1st problem with that plane is, I think, it cannot take turn more than 45 degree. If it will that will fall down on earth?
A:This aircraft generates a lot of lift. It can definitely roll more than 45 degrees. So the above statement is not true. It will not fall down. It rolled more than 45 degrees during the test flight (see 3:46 in the video).

Right now it seems that you used DC Motor that is fixed in the blasa wood panel which is placed in front of the plane. If we will develop this fly with a piston based fuel engine, then for sure, this design doesn't have any capability to bear the load. It cannot tolerate with such an extensive vibration that will cause by the piston engine. In this regards it is a better toy for the hobby.
A:It is not a DC motor and neither is it mounted on balsawood. We used a 3.7 horsepower engine with a maximum rpm of about 9000. The structure has been well designed to handle the loadings and vibration. Therefore, it is not a toy.

The space in the middle of the plane is very attractive because you can attach some of the solar panels and make the batteries to work with the solar energy. There is again the same point will get involve that it will not able to handle weight.
A:The space within the structure is for aerodynamic stability purposes, so attaching solar panels there is not a good idea. It would interfere with the aerodynamics of the airplane. Solar panels can be attached on all the other available surfaces. To eliminate aerodynamic interference, flexible solar panels mounted along the curvatures of the different surfaces may be used. As for weight, the plane has been designed to carry lots of weight. It can carry roughly 4 kg of weight.

The landing of the plane isn't ideal. It touched the ground
A: The landing impact dislocated one of the main (rear) landing gear support blocks, so the rear part of the plane settled on the ground. It was expected, as the strength of the old block was marginal. The landing approach from the air until touch-down, was as predicted, however.

Additionally, I ask these questions:

What is the purpose of this design?
A:The main feature of this design is its short take-off and landing capability. This is due to its aerodynamic efficiency, which produces high lift and reduces drag. This reduces fuel consumption and increases the range of the aircraft.

What are the possible uses of this design?
A:It can be developed for general aviation training, high-performance acrobatics, cargo-lifting, passenger carrying, border/maritime patrol, and medical evacuation.

Hi,

I asked my brother ( who is batch-mate of the team members of this project in IST) to answer these questions. Below is the reply from the team.

The 1st problem with that plane is, I think, it cannot take turn more than 45 degree. If it will that will fall down on earth?
A:This aircraft generates a lot of lift. It can definitely roll more than 45 degrees. So the above statement is not true. It will not fall down. It rolled more than 45 degrees during the test flight (see 3:46 in the video).

Right now it seems that you used DC Motor that is fixed in the blasa wood panel which is placed in front of the plane. If we will develop this fly with a piston based fuel engine, then for sure, this design doesn't have any capability to bear the load. It cannot tolerate with such an extensive vibration that will cause by the piston engine. In this regards it is a better toy for the hobby.
A:It is not a DC motor and neither is it mounted on balsawood. We used a 3.7 horsepower engine with a maximum rpm of about 9000. The structure has been well designed to handle the loadings and vibration. Therefore, it is not a toy.

A:The space within the structure is for aerodynamic stability purposes, so attaching solar panels there is not a good idea. It would interfere with the aerodynamics of the airplane. Solar panels can be attached on all the other available surfaces. To eliminate aerodynamic interference, flexible solar panels mounted along the curvatures of the different surfaces may be used. As for weight, the plane has been designed to carry lots of weight. It can carry roughly 4 kg of weight.

The landing of the plane isn't ideal. It touched the ground
A: The landing impact dislocated one of the main (rear) landing gear support blocks, so the rear part of the plane settled on the ground. It was expected, as the strength of the old block was marginal. The landing approach from the air until touch-down, was as predicted, however.

Additionally, I ask these questions:

What is the purpose of this design?
A:The main feature of this design is its short take-off and landing capability. This is due to its aerodynamic efficiency, which produces high lift and reduces drag. This reduces fuel consumption and increases the range of the aircraft.

What are the possible uses of this design?
A:It can be developed for general aviation training, high-performance acrobatics, cargo-lifting, passenger carrying, border/maritime patrol, and medical evacuation.

A simulator cannot take turn more than 10 degree. Don't make us fool. Check the structure it is a kite with motor. I have talking about the circle plane. Everyone knows that it doesn't have piston engine. The structure of the holding panel completely show that it has dc motor with battery. Maybe you don't have worked on the material so it can be a poor choice if you have used popular wood :cheesy:

I had said it cannot go more than 45 degree. Ask your brother to try it and it will fall.

Yes you are right in that case that the weight of the plane isn't much so that's why it has short take off. I had said the landing wasn't ideal. You hadn't provided any lame excuse for this as well.

If it is using a piston engine. Please provide me reference number of the item and details and I will check it. It is confirmed that the plane has dc motor.

The space at the rare has only 20% effect and just it play role to reduce the weight of the plane nothing more. It looks like a Chinese kite and flying with dc motor.

It can be developed for general aviation training, high-performance acrobatics, cargo-lifting, passenger carrying, border/maritime patrol, and medical evacuation

A: This is your idea beyond the idea. OK launch another video in which you will place some weight round about 4KG. Is that much with such size of plane? Anyway you cannot even prove it with 4KG and by suspending this plane at 45 degree for 20 sec min.

I hope you will come up with more and evident info.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom