What's new

IST Students Successfully Tested Pakistan’s 1st Circular Planform Airplane

air marshal

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
April 21, 2010

Students at Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics of Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad, successfully tested Pakistan’s first circular Unmanned Aerial Vehicle or UAV.

This unique in design, circular UAV is actually world’s only second UAV that was successfully rested; first one was tested by Japanese students but was different in design and mechanics.

Fully prepared and mastered by students of IST, though they sought help at some levels from their teachers, made this flying object in 4 weeks, and was successfully tested on April 13th, 2010.

An IST professor while speaking with ProPakistani termed this test a significant achievement – as this is in-house design, circular in making, and unique in achievement.

He said that this particular circular UAV is fuel efficient as it consumes less fuel by taking advantage of its circular wings and propeller at the front.

As communicated to us, due to its fuel efficient behavior, this design can be commercially used for UAVs; however, scaling it up for passenger and cargo lifting won’t be a possible for now.

IST Students Successfully Tested Pakistan’s 1st Circular Planform Airplane - ProPakistani

i must say i am impressed and surprised at the same time.The shot take-off is really an advantage.Congrats to the people who worked on this beauty.Hope we utilize this design in full scale productions.Keep working with the same zeal.:pakistan::pakistan:

Grear Shorrrrrrrrrt.......... Pakistan ki kia baat hai...
thanks for sharing bro (Sir Air Marshal)

Regards,

Sunny

great achievement,,,,
Allah has gifted Pakistan great and genius people, only they need to be explored.

That design could easily be converted into a stealth craft provided the
landing gears are hidden into the circular body and the sqaure engine box is rounded

The circular wings are a very stealth design , little bit of polish I think they could really use this model as a stealth if they can some how take care of the tails and tilt them perhaps

April 21, 2010

Fully prepared and mastered by students of IST, though they sought help at some levels from their teachers, made this flying object in 4 weeks, and was successfully tested on April 13th, 2010.

IST Students Successfully Tested Pakistan’s 1st Circular Planform Airplane - ProPakistani

now thats what we call "timelines"

here is something detailed for those who may interest
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/organizations/AIAA/files/papers/2008/masters/Recktenwald_2008.pdf

very impresive take off and landing.good conceptual design,keep it up,pakistan need good innovations by good people. like this one regards

A point to note was the landing as well it had a very short runway landing .. interesting design

I will describe this in Neil Armstrong's words ' A SMALL STEP BUT A GIANT LEAP'.

Keep it coming.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I love the Take-off and then Landing .. It was very Smooth . Brilliant Work By My Young Friends.

Pakistan Zindabad

:pakistan:

it would surly be a great achievement if GOVT of Pakistan or PAC itself take interest in further development of this design.

Back
Top Bottom