What's new

ISRO to put satellite developed by UG students into space

IndianArmy

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
100_5039.JPG

KARIMNAGAR: The country's first Pico satellite StudSat (STUDent SATellite) developed by the engineering students would be tentatively put into orbit along with ISRO's Cartosat-2B and will be carried by the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) on July 20, said R. Harish Rao, one of the core leader of the project.

Disclosing this to newsmen here on Saturday, Harish said StudSat is a pico-satellite and first of its kind in the country, developed by the undergraduate (UG) students of seven engineering colleges of Bangalore and Hyderabad. He said that the project was initiated when some of the students attended the International Astronautical Congress in Hyderabad in 2007 after meeting DVA Raghavamurthy of ISRO.

Incidentally, Harish, an alumnus of town-based Vindya Valley High School, visited the town on Saturday to share his experiences working on the StudSat with the mediapersons along with his mother and school correspondent Laxmi Prakash Rao and head mistress Joyce.

Presently, doing his BE (mechanical engineering) from Kavikalugur Institute of Technology and Sciences, Ramtek, said that he was inclined in aero science since his child days and choose mechanical engineering. Later, he had decided to do his MS in space and aeronautical engineering. Explaining about StudSat, he said that it weighs below one kilogram and measures only 10 cm. cube and takes images of 90 meters resolution and it revolves 7.5 km. per second. He said that the satellite consumes only 2 watts of power through solar panel. He said that he had visited Scotland to present a paper on “StudSat - a student pico satellite imaging” at the International aeronautical Congress in 2008.

He said that he would visit Czech Republic this year to participate in IAC conference to present paper in pico satellite. He said that he wants to develop a similar satellite at a cheaper price and help the country.

Last edited:
Sir now it self post this in indian space thread in sticky section. Otherwise mod will :angry:

Indians will never learn. Wasting time on making useless 1 centimeter size satellites and wasting precious tax-money on giving lectures in europe on age-old technologies to fulfill their hollow-pride, which gains nothing tangible beyond a petty pride of featuring few moment in western Journal.

Israel doesn't have their own Satellite launch capability but they do 200 times better job than 1.2 billion gullible Indians(happy serving in west only) at making hi-tech satellites.

I often wonder why biggest industrial house in India, Reliance never make even a single nutbolt in Defence area or even a single patent per year?

Now its quite obvious that they depend on Anglo-saxon money and Western crude refinery process licenses without which their Jamnagar will become a dry colony. So much for superpower India! I mean puppet power.

I often wonder why biggest industrial house in India, Reliance never make even a single nutbolt in Defence area or even a single patent per year?

Now its quite obvious that they depend on Anglo-saxon money and Western crude refinery process licenses without which their Jamnagar will become a dry colony. So much for superpower India! I mean puppet power.

I think the Ambanis have to learn from TATA's & Birla's....

at least change ur flags.

Indians will never learn. Wasting time on making useless 1 centimeter size satellites.

Israel doesn't have their own Satellite launch capability but they do 200 times better job than 1.2 billion gullible Indians(happy serving in west only) at making hi-tech satellites.

Ohh god what you are reading??why so negativity mate..this satellite is devaloped by some students..By launching it with our satellites devaloped by ISRO ,they are encouraging more and more students in to this field..

Yea you can wonder it in another thread..now stick to the topic

dude....the satilite was developed by undergraduate students -not even by post graduate or PhD holders....besides india is not putting this satilite into orbit because ISRO is going to gain anything from it .....this is just a way of motivating students to become scientists....who knows -any one of the undergraduate students involved in the venture might become the next big thing in th world of aerospace scientists.......

As it is mentioned that they are going to launch this satellite in somewhere JUL ... but as in the article stated it seems its a joint launch I mean they will launch this satellite along with the other satellite ... I see a future prospect in it ... This will encourage more and more students to join the field and by that in future India will be getting better manpower in this course which means better brains better technology ...

As it is mentioned that they are going to launch this satellite in somewhere JUL ... but as in the article stated it seems its a joint launch I mean they will launch this satellite along with the other satellite ... I see a future prospect in it ... This will encourage more and more students to join the field and by that in future India will be getting better manpower in this course which means better brains better technology ...

yes its a multiple lunch ..

July 20 2010
Sriharikota

Main satellite Cartosat-2B and Algeria's ALSAT-2A along with AISSat-1, TIsat-1, and StudSat. TIsat-1 is the second ever swiss satellite launched into Space. AISSat-1 and TIsat are part of NLS-6

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSLV

Indians will never learn. Wasting time on making useless 1 centimeter size satellites and wasting precious tax-money on giving lectures in europe on age-old technologies to fulfill their hollow-pride, which gains nothing tangible beyond a petty pride of featuring few moment in western Journal.

farting-santa.jpg

++any new of space progam of our han friends hhh!

Back
Top Bottom