What's new

ISRO Tests New Rocket Engine That Could Make Launches 10 Times Cheaper

But you know what ,most of the Engineers and technicians in ISRO is not from famed IIT's but from regional engineering colleges funded by state govts and private institutions.
They gave us more than those IIT guys.
Congratulations to ISRO

Well that is because of the pay structure. If you improve the pay and the flexibility in the job more IITians will join.

But you know what ,most of the Engineers and technicians in ISRO is not from famed IIT's but from regional engineering colleges funded by state govts and private institutions.
They gave us more than those IIT guys.
Congratulations to ISRO

Wrong. Most ISRO engineers are from IIST (Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology). Very few are from other engineering colleges or IIT's.

https://www.iist.ac.in/admissions/undergraduate

Wrong. Most ISRO engineers are from IIST (Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology). Very few are from other engineering colleges or IIT's.

https://www.iist.ac.in/admissions/undergraduate

Agreed .But that is a recent development .
Most of the senior staffs are from regional colleges .I know one guy thats from CET ,Trivandrum .

Well that is because of the pay structure. If you improve the pay and the flexibility in the job more IITians will join.

Well I think earlier generations like Madhavan Nair or Radhakrishnan would disagree .
Dr Radhakrishnan got a call from IBM when finished his graduation .But didnt take it .

There is no such flexibility in ISRO .We are doing our best with little resources.So it would be a tough job .

Agreed .But that is a recent development .
Most of the senior staffs are from regional colleges .I know one guy thats from CET ,Trivandrum .

Well I think earlier generations like Madhavan Nair or Radhakrishnan would disagree .
Dr Radhakrishnan got a call from IBM when finished his graduation .But didnt take it .

There is no such flexibility in ISRO .We are doing our best with little resources.So it would be a tough job .

True. earlier generations of scientists came from engineering colleges all over India. Hardly any one of them were from IIT.

@SrNair @Shankranthi @liall

Let's say by 2030 we will be a $ 8 trillion economy and there is a considerable amount of money in R&D compared to what we spend now.

Do you guyz see reversal in this trend and more IITians come to work in ISRO, DRDO and other government agencies?

@Nilgiri Will you prefer to work for HAL or GTRE then? :what:

Let's say by 2030 we will be a $ 8 trillion economy and there is a considerable amount of money in R&D compared to what we spend now.

Do you guyz see reversal in this trend and more IITians come to work in ISRO, DRDO and other government agencies?

They will get finest from IIST

I will, but my work is more inclined to Photonics (Plasmonics), and Molecular Electronics.

I will, but my work is more inclined to Photonics (Plasmonics), and Molecular Electronics.

I think you should come up with some startup in electronics as there are ample opportunities under "Make In India" programme.

They will get finest from IIST
One institution won't suffice, we need a lot of brain.

I think you should come up with some startup in electronics as there are ample opportunities under "Make In India" programme.

The infrastructure in India is yet not conducive for semiconductor processing and fab facilities. I do have some ideas on Augmented Reality, we are working on that now with some other CS guys from University of Rochester (We did bachelors together in India) and Plasmonic based point of care devices.

The infrastructure in India is yet not conducive for semiconductor processing and fab facilities. I do have some ideas on Augmented Reality, we are working on that now with some other CS guys from University of Rochester (We did bachelors together in India) and Plasmonic based point of care devices.

I hope in next five years we'll have a semiconductor fab churning out wafers 24/7

GTRE for sure. In fact I am in touch with a couple contacts there already. So that or a startup (depending on how the MSME sector is for aviation propulsion etc)

I would like to return and contribute to my motherland in say 5 - 10 years from now. Right now I am busy in still learning and developing things that I simply cannot do in India...and I feel India can benefit greatly from....I don't want to be just another brick in the wall when I get back :P For my hobby I want to develop a good school in a backward area....I am hoping Modi pushes through good education reform so private sector can enter education market more easily than now (with less red tape).

The phenomenon you are talking about (reverse brain drain) has already started, please check this thread:

https://defence.pk/threads/why-scie...e-and-returning-to-india.444059/#post-8569200

It will sustain and accelerate in the years to come. From 2020 onwards I foresee an increase in even non-desi scientists and researchers being attracted by Indian private sector and education sector as salaries and career prospects are improved in India.

I hope in next five years we'll have a semiconductor fab churning out wafers 24/7

That is the immediate need of the hour, if you ask me.

GTRE for sure. In fact I am in touch with a couple contacts there already. So that or a startup (depending on how the MSME sector is for aviation propulsion etc)

I would like to return and contribute to my motherland in say 5 - 10 years from now. Right now I am busy in still learning and developing things that I simply cannot do in India...and I feel India can benefit greatly from....I don't want to be just another brick in the wall when I get back :P For my hobby I want to develop a good school in a backward area....I am hoping Modi pushes through good education reform so private sector can enter education market more easily than now (with less red tape).

The phenomenon you are talking about (reverse brain drain) has already started, please check this thread:

What are you studying, Bro? And in which university.

That is the immediate need of the hour, if you ask me.

What are you studying, Bro? And in which university.

Not studying right now....working (but a lot is research based) I work at Pratt....I studied aerospace engineering at McGill, Carleton and UFT, all in Canada for undergrad, masters and PhD respectively.

Back
Top Bottom