What's new

ISRO Tests New Rocket Engine That Could Make Launches 10 Times Cheaper

A scramjet (supersonic combusting ramjet) is a variant of a ramjet airbreathing jet engine in which combustion takes place in supersonicairflow. As in ramjets, a scramjet relies on high vehicle speed to forcefully compress the incoming air before combustion (henceramjet), but a ramjet decelerates the air tosubsonic velocities before combustion, while airflow in a scramjet is supersonic throughout the entire engine. This allows the scramjet to operate efficiently at extremely high speeds.

ISRO milestones in 2016

IRNSS completion
RLV TD test
Scramjet engine test
GSLV mk III operational test

Use of the engine... SPEX experiment for RLV

IMG_0024.JPG

1c33.jpg

@Windjammer @DESERT FIGHTER @PatriotLover Any comment? This spaceplane will be used to launch missiles on enemy.

Congrats to all Indians and ISRO for making us proud yet again.

It will get burnt to a crisp at cruise missile altitude hehe.
Here is a way to do it... you may find it interesting:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/space/plasma-air-control/

Embedding high-voltage versions of these wind generators—flat, thin-film electrodes—in an airplane’s wings can not only summon artificial St. Elmo’s fire instantly and on command, but it can also send the charged plasma clouds—and air they carry along with them—moving in one direction or another. That is, these plasma actuators can readily accelerate, or “blow,” air where and when it’s needed with no moving parts, boosting lift or cutting drag depending on where and how they’re used.

One thing I envy about India is ISRO.
ISRO is taking huge strides in a short time.All stakeholders deserve congratulations.
India has been blessed with this great platform in ISRO.
It's unfortunate that ISRO's Pakistani counterpart is a joke.Provided a platform like ISRO,Pakistani scientists and engineers could have shown the world what they're made of.

But you know what ,most of the Engineers and technicians in ISRO is not from famed IIT's but from regional engineering colleges funded by state govts and private institutions.
They gave us more than those IIT guys.
Congratulations to ISRO

Here is a way to do it... you may find it interesting:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/space/plasma-air-control/

Read about it a long time ago my friend.

If I remember correctly a Swedish university actually demonstrated it on an artillery shell some years back (there was a marked change in the range of the shell).

Why do I know this?

Because a real tin foil whacko told me about his explanation on some advanced UFO technology the US has (aurora spyplane if you know what that is) using plasma stealth as he called it.

Looking it up further, not everything he said was crazy heh. Everyone gets lucky I guess.

Read about it a long time ago my friend.

If I remember correctly a Swedish university actually demonstrated it on an artillery shell some years back (there was a marked change in the range of the shell).

Why do I know this?

Because a real tin foil whacko told me about his explanation on some advanced UFO technology the US has (aurora spyplane if you know what that is) using plasma stealth as he called it.

Looking it up further, not everything he said was crazy heh. Everyone gets lucky I guess.

You'll me amazed to know that radar waves curves around plasma, making the aircraft/entity invisible to radar waves. Russians did some crazy experiments in the 80s.

Back
Top Bottom