What's new

ISRO Tests New Rocket Engine That Could Make Launches 10 Times Cheaper

There is a very big difference between ISRO and DRDO.

While ISRO need to make things (case in point this Scramjet), DRDO need to make things that are better than or equl to western products.

It is the difference between "passing an exam" and "clearing a competition".

no, corrupt politicians sabotaged or tried to sabotage many project. They sabotaged HF 24 Marut. They tried to sabotage tejas, Akash etc. They did not sabotage surface to surface missile as it was not possible to buy them from market and so we developed very much in surface to surface missile.

What if it happened long time ago ? It still had a significant impact on the Indian Space program.
if we rely so much on russia for tech transfer... isro's success is pretty modest... dont you think?

Last edited:
i did not know we rely so much on russia for tech transfer... in that light isro's success is pretty modest...

Don't come up with such arguments. In the late 1980s, ISRO was developing GSLV configurations with cryogenic upper stages, with a fallback option of imported cryogenic engines/ indigenous liquid fuel stages. A project to develop a 120 kN cryogenic engine was initiated in 1986 & a subscale 10kN engine was tested in 1987. Later when Glavkosmos agreed to provide the cryogenic engine (originally developed for their moon mission)& stage with technology transfer, the indigenous cryogenic engine project was cancelled.

Later we were denied the technology we were forced to come up with an engine similar in form, fit & function. Our first cryogenic engine, that too one working on staged combustion cycle. I suggest you read up on how difficult staged combustion cycle is.

In the early 2000s, ISRO started developing the LVM3 with the aim of launching 4 tonne class satellites to GTO, they deliberately chose to develop a heavier trust cryogenic engine based on gas generator cycle to cut short the development time. That's enough to prove how difficult CE 7.5 was.

However with the failure of gslv mk2's cryogenic engine in it's 2010 flight, LPSC had to concentrate their efforts & manpower in perfecting the CE 7.5 engine. That's why I said this significantly affected the Indian space program.

So do you think this is some kind of 'Russian assistance' ? If Glavkosmos hadn't offered us the engine or if the technology transfer was actually completed, we would have been at greater heights now.

Anyway if you're talking about perfecting the GSLV, the only thing left to be perfected is the restarting capability. GSLV is largely developed from PSLV having many similar stages.

Don't come up with such arguments. In the late 1980s, ISRO was developing GSLV configurations with cryogenic upper stages, with a fallback option of imported cryogenic engines/ indigenous liquid fuel stages. A project to develop a 120 kN cryogenic engine was initiated in 1986 & a subscale 10kN engine was tested in 1987. Later when Glavkosmos agreed to provide the cryogenic engine (originally developed for their moon mission)& stage with technology transfer, the indigenous cryogenic engine project was cancelled.

Later we were denied the technology we were forced to come up with an engine similar in form, fit & function. Our first cryogenic engine, that too one working on staged combustion cycle. I suggest you read up on how difficult staged combustion cycle is.

In the early 2000s, ISRO started developing the LVM3 with the aim of launching 4 tonne class satellites to GTO, they deliberately chose to develop a heavier trust cryogenic engine based on gas generator cycle to cut short the development time. That's enough to prove how difficult CE 7.5 was.

However with the failure of gslv mk2's cryogenic engine in it's 2010 flight, LPSC had to concentrate their efforts & manpower in perfecting the CE 7.5 engine. That's why I said this significantly affected the Indian space program.

So do you think this is some kind of 'Russian assistance' ? If Glavkosmos hadn't offered us the engine or if the technology transfer was actually completed, we would have been at greater heights now.

Anyway if you're talking about perfecting the GSLV, the only thing left to be perfected is the restarting capability. GSLV is largely developed from PSLV having many similar stages.
dont try to confuse me with facts and details.. lolz.. :)

i mean you dont have to convince me that its difficult... im sure it is.... its just that i find it odd when people try to potray isro as some special island of success... that only because we got an ugly drdo to compare against.

its just that i find it odd when people try to potray isro as some special island of success

Given the limited funds & industrial infrastructure in India, ISRO is doing a great job.

You should just sit back & relax, without getting your brain overloaded with things you can't comprehend.

Given the limited funds & industrial infrastructure in India, ISRO is doing a great job.

You should just sit back & relax, without getting your brain overloaded with things you can't comprehend.
am relaxed mate... i am not the one writing walls of text.. ignore my oneliners if they bother you.. :)

In which thread you had misfortune of debating with him? Irrespective of his moniker, he certainly is not Hindu guy. He probably took it to represent an irony of people assuming him to be a Hindu whenever he identify himself as PIO.

You are correct about the fact about a lot of North Indians being racists, but that varies from place to place.

Delhi is most racist in North India, with Punjab following closely behind (A lot of Punjabis have taken AIT and martial race theory seriously). In South, it is TN with its linguistic Chauvinism, and in NE ,though laid back, have a strong racial identity. And then we have Marathi manus thing.
WTH you people are talking about Northees. Specifically us UP bhaiyyas.
Man our condition is pathetic. We are called third world state in a third world country.
Broken dusty roads, filthy surroundings, irritating electric supply, pathetic and costly Internet, we are blessed with all and much more .
Govt don't have fund to repair roads and sewage but it provides free haz travel, special arabian food packets during Ramzan.
They don't have land for power plants but provide land for religious buildings
No jobs, No development.
Still South Indians which are in a lot better condition than us call us racist?!!
Perhaps you people are mistaken by our ignorance as racism. @Nilgiri
We are not racist
People here are ignorant which is a defence mechanism to cope up with stressful condition, specially lower and middle class. For example some call every South Indian as Madrasi, North easterner (specially beautiful girls) as Chinki. Not due to racism.
Heck even we used to call one of aur beautiful(dam she is) friend as Chinki just for fun and she usually laughs at that.

Man our condition is pathetic. We are called third world state in a third world country.
Broken dusty roads, filthy surroundings, irritating electric supply, pathetic and costly Internet, we are blessed with all and much more .
Govt don't have fund to repair roads and sewage but it provides free haz travel, special arabian food packets during Ramzan.
No jobs, No development.
Still South Indians which are in a lot better condition than us call us racist?!!
We are not racist
People here are ignorant which is a defence mechanism to cope up with stressful condition, specially lower and middle class. For example some call every South Indian as Madrasi, North easterner (specially beautiful girls) as Chinki. Not due to racism.
Heck even we used to call one of aur beautiful(dam she is) friend as Chinki just for fun and she usually laughs at that.

And your point being?

I understand social dynamics of North India and have not called UP Bhaiyyas as inherently racists.

I specifically called snobbish Delhites and Punjabis as racists from North. Easy money has gone to head of Delhites turning them into general purpose malcontents, and Punjabis are deluded by martial race theories and AIT. I myself am from Delhi and I never shied away from calling out horrible social condition of Delhi for what it is.

And your point being?

I understand social dynamics of North India and have not called UP Bhaiyyas as inherently racists.

I specifically called snobbish Delhites and Punjabis as racists from North. Easy money has gone to head of Delhites turning them into general purpose malcontents, and Punjabis are deluded by martial race theories and AIT. I myself am from Delhi and I never shied away from calling out horrible social condition of Delhi for what it is.
Yes I agree on easy money part in NCR region
But labelling North Indians as racist too is not fare

if we rely so much on russia for tech transfer... isro's success is pretty modest... dont you think?

What does a dishelved refugee know about space technology?

Am I going to pretend to know how it feels to be like you? Stick to your own field of expertise please: Class A moronism.

No jobs, No development.
We are not racist

You got banned. Lets talk when you get back.

There is plenty of racism/complexes all across India....its not just specific to North India.

But I will target it one way when someone targets a certain group to begin with.

Its called showing the mirror.

Anyway this topic should get back on track if theres anything left on it.

Back
Top Bottom