What's new

ISRO Tests New Rocket Engine That Could Make Launches 10 Times Cheaper

Sorry for reviving this thread but I got news according to someone who is stationed here and overseeing the network balloon deployment scramjet is in the center stage for people in MoD and thats not all India is not running after the standard version of the scramjet tech but trying to integrate ramjet with scramjet so that its a all in one solution engine.

Support for the program is coming from two Indian agencies and one outside agency.

EDIT: The net trust for the test was encouraging

but trying to integrate ramjet with scramjet so that its a all in one solution engine.

Excellent. This was my initial hunch after seeing the shock train tests posted in the thread earlier.....given shock trains play a big role in having a ramjet operation mode for a scramjet (dual mode scramjet).

Read here:

https://defence.pk/threads/scramjet...e-centre-s-test-facility.438456/#post-8451660

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @anant_s @Levina @Water Car Engineer @MilSpec @Vergennes @Taygibay @SOHEIL

Is your "stationed here" source from someone within ISRO or DRDO?

Excellent. This was my initial hunch after seeing the shock train tests posted in the thread earlier.....given shock trains play a big role in having a ramjet operation mode for a scramjet (dual mode scramjet).

Read here:

https://defence.pk/threads/scramjet...e-centre-s-test-facility.438456/#post-8451660

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @anant_s @Levina @Water Car Engineer @MilSpec @Vergennes @Taygibay @SOHEIL

Is your "stationed here" source from someone within ISRO or DRDO?
Errrr
Excuse me?
Bhai you're an elite member? That was fast. Super fast!
I'm surprised that you made that many posts despite getting banned so many times. :lol:

Sorry for the off topic. :)

There is a very big difference between ISRO and DRDO.

While ISRO need to make things (case in point this Scramjet), DRDO need to make things that are better than or equl to western products.

It is the difference between "passing an exam" and "clearing a competition".
only if they (DRDO) makes product which is at least 75% capabilities !!

Even without a history of ban it took me 2 years(most prolly) to turn into an elite. :lol:

my Stats :
Ratings:+1 / 3,716 / -32

Kaun se chakki ka Aatta khati ho madam !

only if they (DRDO) makes product which is at least 75% capabilities !!

my Stats :
Ratings:+1 / 3,716 / -32

Kaun se chakki ka Aatta khati ho madam !
Off topic :coffee:

Even without a history of ban it took me 2 years(most prolly) to turn into an elite. :lol:
giphy.gif

& then off course there are some snails like me
animated-snail-image-0064.gif

Banned 5 times in 3 months :oops:

Sorry for reviving this thread but I got news according to someone who is stationed here and overseeing the network balloon deployment scramjet is in the center stage for people in MoD and thats not all India is not running after the standard version of the scramjet tech but trying to integrate ramjet with scramjet so that its a all in one solution engine.

Support for the program is coming from two Indian agencies and one outside agency.

EDIT: The net trust for the test was encouraging

There will be a 20 second flight test by DRDO of HSDTV in december

Great success ; now hopefully our neibhours especially the hardcore islamist learn that science is always above religion . Hindu have realised it thats why u see Hindus in educational institutes rather than wasting their times in temple

Don't come up with such arguments. In the late 1980s, ISRO was developing GSLV configurations with cryogenic upper stages, with a fallback option of imported cryogenic engines/ indigenous liquid fuel stages. A project to develop a 120 kN cryogenic engine was initiated in 1986 & a subscale 10kN engine was tested in 1987. Later when Glavkosmos agreed to provide the cryogenic engine (originally developed for their moon mission)& stage with technology transfer, the indigenous cryogenic engine project was cancelled.

Later we were denied the technology we were forced to come up with an engine similar in form, fit & function. Our first cryogenic engine, that too one working on staged combustion cycle. I suggest you read up on how difficult staged combustion cycle is.

In the early 2000s, ISRO started developing the LVM3 with the aim of launching 4 tonne class satellites to GTO, they deliberately chose to develop a heavier trust cryogenic engine based on gas generator cycle to cut short the development time. That's enough to prove how difficult CE 7.5 was.

However with the failure of gslv mk2's cryogenic engine in it's 2010 flight, LPSC had to concentrate their efforts & manpower in perfecting the CE 7.5 engine. That's why I said this significantly affected the Indian space program.

So do you think this is some kind of 'Russian assistance' ? If Glavkosmos hadn't offered us the engine or if the technology transfer was actually completed, we would have been at greater heights now.

Anyway if you're talking about perfecting the GSLV, the only thing left to be perfected is the restarting capability. GSLV is largely developed from PSLV having many similar stages.

Do you know the details of SCE-200?

Like what would be thrust-to-weight ratio?

Back
Top Bottom