What's new

ISRO successfully conducts static testing of new age rocket

^^^

Oh no! not again ... I am not in a mood to go for another test, Just I have finished my blood test and now brain from DR BENNY ... :D

Anyway Congrats to all my fellow Indians..

regards
Jailer

Was the result positive.?? :D

I would say its 1st option since it can't be on other side. Those two nozzels are symmetrically placed wrt central core.

Or 3rd option: ISRO got 2 versions of rocket for different purposes. I prefer this option

why do u want three versions.

If it was another version it would have been called mark 4 or 5

if we can make such good rocket cryogenic engines
why aren't we able to make a satisfactory aircraft jet enjine???

Minitiarization of technology & durability.

I dont know much about rocket engines -- but here's what i think.

Jet engines almost has all the components miniaturized. In addition to this complexity the fact that a jet engine should be durable and must be able withstand and last for the entire span of jet life. Durability is not that big of a issue in rockets.

A more logical question should have been if India is able to build these kinds of rockets -- then what is stopping us from building ICBM's ?

Minitiarization of technology & durability.

I dont know much about rocket engines -- but here's what i think.

Jet engines almost has all the components miniaturized. In addition to this complexity the fact that a jet engine should be durable and must be able withstand and last for the entire span of jet life. Durability is not that big of a issue in rockets.

A more logical question should have been if India is able to build these kinds of rockets -- then what is stopping us from building ICBM's ?

The issue is more than miniaturization. A jet engine and rocket engine are entirely different. We had problems with cryogenic engine. But the problem was related to handling of very cold temperatures.

The problem with jet engine that we are facing was related to turbine blades. This problem was related to metallurgy, and rocket engines don't have to face problems like this.

Also, r&d in rockets started way earlier than jet engine. Funding was difference. And probably the biggest difference was.. ISRO vs HAL/DRDO !!

Not related to the thread but to the wording in the title of the thread. The term "new age rocket" just doesn't sound right.

I think the difference lies in the managment of ISRO and DRDO. ISRO proved to be far more effcient. However, we must take into account that ISRO is listed as civilian agency where as DRDO is a defence one. ISRO can get all the imports and more importantly the technical exchange much easily as compared to the DRDO. The good news is now DRDO has changed its approach a bit and they are far more serious with deadlines. Good for the nation :)

Congratulations to all my brethren here and to ISRO mainly for making us proud. Thank you ISRO.

why do u want three versions.

If it was another version it would have been called mark 4 or 5

It is like having PSLV with different configurations (standard, XL etc). Since GSLV-MKIII is going to be the workhorse for heavy lift requirements, it could have few different configs. I will do some search and see if I can find something more about it.

When We are able to make AESA radars for AWACS, why arent we able to make one for LCA tejas???

when We are able to make Nuclear reactors since 1970's ,why did it take long to to make one for Arihant???

If You answer any one of my question right, You would get a solution for Your Question easily....

Last edited:
When We are able to make AESA radars for AWACS, why arent we able to make one for LCA tejas???

when We are able to make Nuclear reactors since 1970's ,why did it take long to to make one for Arihant???

If You answer any one of my question right, You would get a solution for Your Question easily....

Gud points raised..... infact would like to know the answers too.:what:

newaz Gr8 job done ISRO.

Gud points raised..... infact would like to know the answers too.:what:

newaz Gr8 job done ISRO.

The Answer is Simple ,Miniaturization of the engines to fit the roles.... You obviously cannot Install an AWAC radar on top of LCA tejas, Nor can You make a Huge Submarine as Large as to fit the conventional Nuclear reactors....

Same way, the technology used in Making Cryogenic Engines are More complex than that of jet Engines, But Once You learn how to make Complex things simple then You Can Achieve the Norm....

The simple and Most suitable One word Answer To this Question is "Miniaturization"

The Answer is Simple ,Miniaturization of the engines to fit the roles.... You obviously cannot Install an AWAC radar on top of LCA tejas, Nor can You make a Huge Submarine as Large as to fit the conventional Nuclear reactors....

Same way, the technology used in Making Cryogenic Engines are More complex than that of jet Engines, But Once You learn how to make Complex things simple then You Can Achieve the Norm....

The simple and Most suitable One word Answer To this Question is "Miniaturization"

True.Perhaps Big is not always the reply.Making it and conevrting to its miniature form is rather complex,delicate and time consuming procedure.

Not related to the thread but to the wording in the title of the thread. The term "new age rocket" just doesn't sound right.

I think you should try to find meaning of context. That will help.
People get enthusiastic when they achieve something that was difficult to them, does not mean everything should be taken literally

What is ' static ' test ?
and i couldn't see this on news channels.the failure of previous test was every where.

I am really confused with two things
Is this news about GSLV MK3 or cryogenic engine thta was failed this year cause we use thta engine in GSLV no in MK3

What is ' static ' test ?
and i couldn't see this on news channels.the failure of previous test was every where.

Static test, to put it simply, means tying the engine down and then running it.

I am really confused with two things
Is this news about GSLV MK3 or cryogenic engine thta was failed this year cause we use thta engine in GSLV no in MK3

GSLV MK3 would be three stage launch vehicle. The test was if its second stage. Cryogenic engine would be used in third stage.

Back
Top Bottom