What's new

ISRO successfully conducts static testing of new age rocket

trident2010

Reaction score
Country
India
ISRO successfully conducts static testing of new age rocket

AVN_RAAKKET_177754f.jpg

Six months after a failed test, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully conducted the second static testing of its liquid core stage (L110) of Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark III (GSLV Mk -III), according to a press release.

The test lasted 200 seconds at ISRO's Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC) test facility at Mahendragiri today (September 8, 2010) at 15:50 hrs.

L110 is one of the heaviest earth storable liquid stages ever developed by ISRO. L110 stage had two high pressure Vikas engines in a clustered configuration. Nearly 500 health parameters were monitored during the test and the initial data acquired indicates its normal performance.

Today’s successful test of L110 for its full flight duration of 200 seconds, is a major milestone in the earth storable liquid rocket programme of ISRO and a significant step forward in the development of GSLV-Mk III launch vehicle.

ISRO conducted the test for 150 seconds at LPSC test facility on March 5 this year. While the test was originally targeted for 200 seconds it was stopped at 150 seconds since a deviation in one of the parameters - minor leakage in the command system - was observed.

It may be recalled that GSLV-Mk III, which is currently under advanced stage of development, uses two solid strap-on boosters (S200), L110 liquid stage and a cryogenic upper stage C-25.

Keywords: ISRO, GSLV Mk III, launch vehicle, liquid core stage, L110, Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre, Mahendragiri test facility

The Hindu : Sci-Tech : ISRO successfully conducts static testing of new age rocket

Another masterpiece from ISO... these guys rock!!!

waiting for GSLV-Mk III noww..

Yes indeed it is a great achievement by ISRO. We need to perfect the cryogenic engine technology. Once done, it will usher the new era for Indian space exploration. :cheers:

All test done will be really appreciated after successful launch till then keeping my fingers crossed.

Curious ..

In the second figure there are small control nozzels (near exhaust) on the solid rocket booster. They are absent in the first !!

2 reasons (probable ones)

1 since its a mock up model and not the actual ones , the model maker must have forgotten it.

2 It could be on the other side (reverse side)

choose the best answer as u like. ;)

1 since its a mock up model and not the actual ones , the model maker must have forgotten it.

^^^

Oh no! not again ... I am not in a mood to go for another test, Just I have finished my blood test and now brain from DR BENNY ... :D

Anyway Congrats to all my fellow Indians..

regards
Jailer

if we can make such good rocket cryogenic engines
why aren't we able to make a satisfactory aircraft jet enjine???

I'M COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOUR QUESTION SIR.
AND FINGERS CROSSED FOR GSLV MARK-3 TESTS..

I would say its 1st option since it can't be on other side. Those two nozzels are symmetrically placed wrt central core.

Or 3rd option: ISRO got 2 versions of rocket for different purposes. I prefer this option.:smitten:

SATISFACTORY is too vague a term....that depends on HOW MUCH satisfies you...;)

BTW we have made an engine and god willing in 2-3 years this may be able to satisfy our needs

Back
Top Bottom