What's new

ISRO PSLV-C43 / HysIS Mission: November 29, 2018

Dec 02, 2018

HysIS First day Image:
The 1st Day image from the Hyperspectral Imaging Satellite HysIS, was acquired at NRSC Hyderabad on 02 December 2018, covering parts of Lakhpat in Gujarat. The sample color composite image represents VNIR spectral bands.

View attachment 524171

@BHarwana coms failed :( VERY SAD AND VERY BAD

@BHarwana coms failed :( VERY SAD AND VERY BAD
I am starting to really appreciate this forum. Nowhere else can you see a economist rocket-scientist who grows tomatoes for a living.
@Nilgiri @Śakra @Tshering22 @KapitaanAli here is a typical example of a SUPARCO satellite
x11saucer.jpg

Too much plastic injection moulding technology. Not halal. Very sad and very bad :tdown:
Why not ignore him ? Trolls survive on reactions.
PSLV has become a real reliable launcher for LEO.
Since it has a LEO capability of 4 tonnes, why not use it for our man rated program ?
Maybe because of the 2 solid stages ?

Why not ignore him ? Trolls survive on reactions.
PSLV has become a real reliable launcher for LEO.
Since it has a LEO capability of 4 tonnes, why not use it for our man rated program ?
Maybe because of the 2 solid stages ?

I've actually wondered about that too...given 4 tonnes is ample buffer to make a manned capsule...esp with composites available today.

I think the idea is that GSLV offers much more scaleability for manned missions long term. You could do it in a pinch with PSLV, but not much long term sustained use for manned mission imo.

@Water Car Engineer

I've actually wondered about that too...given 4 tonnes is ample buffer to make a manned capsule...esp with composites available today.

I think the idea is that GSLV offers much more scaleability for manned missions long term. You could do it in a pinch with PSLV, but not much long term sustained use for manned mission imo.

@Water Car Engineer
Unless we use the manned launches for tourism , i really dont see the point of a indian manned program.
Notice that ESA has not touched manned missions.
We will just be repeating what usa, russia and china have done.Its a expensive ego trip.
Rather focus on 10 mt to GEO and reusable launchers.The money is in this.
But what do i know .

PSLV-C43 / HysIS Mission

The Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV), in its 45th flight PSLV-C43, will launch HysIS and 30 co-passenger satellites from the First Launch Pad (FLP) of Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, Sriharikota on 29th November 2018.

PSLV is a four stage launch vehicle with alternating solid and liquid stages. PSLV-C43 is the Core Alone version of PSLV which is the lightest version of PSLV.

HysIS is an earth observation satellite developed by ISRO. It is the primary satellite of the PSLV-C43 mission. The mass of the spacecraft is about 380 kg. The satellite will be placed in 636 km polar sun synchronous orbit with an inclination of 97.957 deg. The mission life of the satellite is 5 years. The primary goal of HysIS is to study the earth’s surface in visible, near infrared and shortwave infrared regions of the electromagnetic spectrum.

The co-passengers of HysIS include 1 Micro and 29 Nano satellites from 8 different countries. All these satellites will be placed in a 504 km orbit by PSLV-C43. These satellites have been commercially contracted for launch through Antrix Corporation Limited, the commercial arm of ISRO.

View attachment 522421
View attachment 522425
View attachment 522428

Pathetic payload, what rocket is this? Photo chip carrier?

Back
Top Bottom