What's new

ISRO GSLV MkIII-M1 / Chandrayānam-2 (Chandrayaan-2) Mission: July 15, 2019

no signal? ISRO don't know what's going on? this is totally beyond ISRO capability. stick with what you are good at sending 1 kg potato up and call it a victory.

see our landers (chang'e 4 and 3) live video feed

Must be evil Chinese use black technology to cut off Indian Vikram. Its all Chinese fault.... Failure is not on Indians. Jai Hind.

This is not ordinary failure,u.s fully supported isro for this mission so india is able to contain china and also india has access to russian technology but they still failed and embarrassed u.s,israel and those who were helping them.Pakistan has not such assistance from u.s,russia and israel ,if we had such assistance we would have performed much better than india in this regard.

Remember what happened to the Chinese Yinghuo-1 Mars orbiter?
Launched on November 8, 2011, it was supposed to be inserted around a Mars orbit before the Indian Mangalyaan, launched later on November 5, 2013. But Yinghuo-1 was lost due to the incompetence of the Russian launcher. Then India has bragged about its alleged superiority over China in outer space. Today, justice has been done, as per the Matrix (see my many warnings. Note that I wrote the comment about the crash yesterday already, knowing that it could not succeed!). With both a major failure, China now leads the way!! :cool:
They did a good try! Every new endeavour is bound to have risks. Anyway as I have reitireated many times, mangalyaan was just another chandrayaan 1, using US DSN launched on primitive PSLV. The problem was never about the spacecraft or rocket, it was the deep space tracking and comms which only the US and Russians had at that time.

At that time the Indians were boasting as usual that their tech was more advanced because its Mars, I told them its the same shit like chandrayaan 1. They didn't believe me.

They did a good try! Every new endeavour is bound to have risks. Anyway as I have reitireated many times, mangalyaan was just another chandrayaan 1, using US DSN launched on primitive PSLV. The problem was never about the spacecraft or rocket, it was the deep space tracking and comms which only the US and Russians had at that time.

At that time the Indians were boasting as usual that their tech was more advanced because its Mars, I told them its the same shit like chandrayaan 1. They didn't believe me.

1kg payload mangalyaan nothing but a propaganda, no scientific value at all, they skip difficult stuff like heavy lift rockets, manned space flight, soft landing but prefer these kind of political stunts

chandrayaan 2 supposed rover only 14 kg, haha :rofl::rofl::rofl:, our yutu rover is 140 kg, figure the difference

ISRO used NASA DSN only in blind spots. Otherwise it used Indian-DSN for moon missions and mars mission.

Despite failure of this particular mission, i give indians 100% for consistently trying to push the limits.

Respect!

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has told his country's space scientists he was proud of a programme that had come so near to putting a probe on the Moon.

Contact with Chandrayaan-2 was lost moments before its Vikram module was due to touch down at the lunar south pole.

The fate of the craft is not yet known, but Mr Modi said there would be further opportunities.

India would have been the fourth nation to make a soft landing on the Moon.

"The best is yet to come in our space programme. India is with you," said Mr Modi.

The Chandrayaan-2 approached the Moon as normal until an error occurred about 2.1km (1.3 miles) from the surface, officials said.

Despite failure of this particular mission, i give indians 100% for consistently trying to push the limits.

Respect!

And i find the comments by Fawad Ch and Asif Ghafoor absolutely despicable on this.

Respect!

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has told his country's space scientists he was proud of a programme that had come so near to putting a probe on the Moon.

Contact with Chandrayaan-2 was lost moments before its Vikram module was due to touch down at the lunar south pole.

The fate of the craft is not yet known, but Mr Modi said there would be further opportunities.

India would have been the fourth nation to make a soft landing on the Moon.

"The best is yet to come in our space programme. India is with you," said Mr Modi.

The Chandrayaan-2 approached the Moon as normal until an error occurred about 2.1km (1.3 miles) from the surface, officials said.

Consistency? They keep bragging about things when result is not out yet. They painted lies and insult rivals. This is a reality check and big slap on this bragger. They don't need encouragement and praise. They need more insult to stay humble. You are absolutely wrong.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/why-is-chinas-flag-behind-indias.634647/#post-11754521

Principal Scientific Adviser claims that the Oribter will have a life of seven years instead of one.

Principal Scientific Adviser claims that the Oribter will have a life of seven years instead of one.

And what about the lander?

The lander was out of control and tumbling moments before all communications were lost. Likely cause is thruster failure.

48693652518_1d3df062a5_h.jpg

48693652423_ef893758a5_o.jpg

48693993876_f52c3f2f1f_o.jpg

September 7, 2019

Chandrayaan-2 mission was a highly complex mission, which represented a significant technological leap compared to the previous missions of ISRO, which brought together an Orbiter, Lander and Rover to explore the unexplored south pole of the Moon. Since the launch of Chandrayaan-2 on July 22, 2019, not only India but the whole world watched its progress from one phase to the next with great expectations and excitement. This was a unique mission which aimed at studying not just one area of the Moon but all the areas combining the exosphere, the surface as well as the sub-surface of the moon in a single mission. The Orbiter has already been placed in its intended orbit around the Moon and shall enrich our understanding of the moon’s evolution and mapping of the minerals and water molecules in the Polar Regions, using its eight state-of-the-art scientific instruments. The Orbiter camera is the highest resolution camera (0.3m) in any lunar mission so far and shall provide high resolution images which will be immensely useful to the global scientific community. The precise launch and mission management has ensured a long life of almost 7 years instead of the planned one year. The Vikram Lander followed the planned descent trajectory from its orbit of 35 km to just below 2 km above the surface. All the systems and sensors of the Lander functioned excellently until this point and proved many new technologies such as variable thrust propulsion technology used in the Lander. The success criteria was defined for each and every phase of the mission and till date 90 to 95% of the mission objectives have been accomplished and will continue contribute to Lunar science , notwithstanding the loss of communication with the Lander.

Back
Top Bottom