What's new

Israeli threat to attack Iran over nuclear weapons

Attacking Iran is not a walk in the park and it will be extremely disastrous for many countries.. Iran is able to fire missiles .. the range is extended to Europe! If Ahmadinejad is as crazy as people describe it here on this forum, then what makes you think he will not use all its missiles to attack Israel, and even Europe!!? Iran is not militarily as weak as Iraq or Egypt! You punch them you will be punched back!!! Esp the countries on its radar!!

Moreover, there is another even more pressing issue, If Iran were to be attacked, the oil price all over the world will shoot up .. That has happened back during the Iran-Iraq war and just like then it will cause serious problems to many modern economies now. With the world still suffering/recovering from global recession I don't see the possibility of West taking such adventurous risks!! Not for another few years at least!!

Finally, You cant stop a nation from progressing. Esp Iran which has a 3000 year old history. So the only option the West has is crippling sanctions, like always. And therefore I see this problem being handled diplomatically. But Sanctions have never worked on Iran.

So my conclusion: Like it or not Iran will eventually manage to develop the Nukes in the end!

Last edited:
Attacking Iran will be disastrous.. Iran is able to fire missiles .. the range is extended to Europe! If Ahmadinejad is as crazy as people here describe it here on this forum, then what makes you think he will not use all its missiles!!?
The govt may be crazy and Ahmadinejad may be a loony, but the Persians as such are a very intelligent people. The population of Iran will not allow that loony to carry out his threat. And if war breaks out, they might not even support their government.
But Sanctions have never worked for Iran. My conclusion: Iran will get the Nukes in the end!
Ask the man on the street whether sanctions have worked or not. If those in their govt are not affected and the common man suffers, that bodes ill for the regime.
As to your claim that Iran will get Nukes, the Ayatollah himself has said that nukes are UnIslamic, he even put out a Fatwah against nukes. Now if Iran makes those toys, does that mean the revered Shia leader is a liar?

The govt may be crazy and Ahmadinejad may be a loony, but the Persians as such are a very intelligent people. The population of Iran will not allow that loony to carry out his threat. And if war breaks out, they might not even support their government.

Ask the man on the street whether sanctions have worked or not. If those in their govt are not affected and the common man suffers, that bodes ill for the regime.
As to your claim that Iran will get Nukes, the Ayatollah himself has said that nukes are UnIslamic, he even put out a Fatwah against nukes. Now if Iran makes those toys, does that mean the revered Shia leader is a liar?

Persians are smart but Persians also hate Israel and US! and when I say Hate that's really an understatement! They wont go against their Gov if war is ever brought to their land, this is how much they hate the US and Israel!!

I have lived in Iran for 3 years and based on my experience this much I can confirm, the common man in Iran is in a much better state compared to a common man in India despite the crippling sanctions and embargo. Yes, the west always tell you a different story but its the side of the coin they want to show you. It's easy, if you keep telling a lie again and again people like you my friend will eventually believe it!! but I know that they get food, water, proper sanitation, even free fuel!! Don't advocate on their behalf, go and work for your Indian public. Despite no sanctions your nationals are suffering and one third of all poor in the world live in your 'Great India'. So much so that there are rumours that India is on a verge of disintegration! I can quote you a few articles if you like but I take it that you are one of the 'informed' ones!

Finally, Iranian leader has also said that Nothing will stop us from progressing. And that I assume it would naturally mean advancements in military alongside other fields...

Would you like your neighbor to learn how to kill people especially if he says that the first thing he will do after learning to kill will be to kill you ?

Regards

:coffee:

Oh look, who is defending the existence of Israel ! :rofl:

Simple argument, if one neighbor has a nuclear weapon, that neighbor will be able to manipulate negotiations.

If both of them have equal power of destruction, then negotiations will be fair.

USA and USSR wanted to wipe each other of, and both of them developed all sorts of weapons and held the PLANET hostage for decades.

Diplomacy ... lectures .... humanity .... :blah:

Back
Top Bottom