What's new

Israeli I-Derby missile now integrated on Su-30 MKI, AMRAAM successfully countered.

1659720233996.png

I'm still amazed that your MKIs have "dodged" 5-6 AMRAAMs in the first place, despite the absence of MAWS on the MKI. Which begs the question, why counter something you've already supposedly bested several times in combat?

How do you "counter" the missile with another one?

The I-derby (and this is the ER version) is close to the AIM-120 in range but the problem statement wasnt the AMRAAM so much so as the ability to the MKis various systems integration working as expected.

Percolating this down the entire fleet of 220(if it even goes that way) will take time...
But then the AIM-120 is only equipping some 70 odd PAF aircraft - what about the 140 others(JF-17 and Mirage III-ROSEi1) with the PL-12 which outsticks the AIM-120? or the 90 odd(36 J-10 and JF-17 Block-3) on route with the PL-15 which outsticks anything the IAF has?

Making stupid statements like the "AMRAAM successfully countered" serves the IAF not other than self fellatio fanboys.
What counters the AMRAAM is integration of all the warfighting systems with operational availability of the massive EW capability the IAF has to degrade the PAF as a system rather than "MKI this" or "Rafale that".

I'm still amazed that your MKIs have "dodged" 5-6 AMRAAMs in the first place, despite the absence of MAWS on the MKI. Which begs the question, why counter something you've already supposedly bested several times in combat?
I mentioned in another thread the near genetic fault of self aggrandizement that effects Indians - it will forever be their reason to lag behind despite their massive potential.

Well the IAF does have real world first hand data on not being able to make it out of the AMRAAM Nez to check against so I’ll trust their judgement
They actually showed over Pir Panjal AMRAAM NEZ is exaggerated.

It's worth noting that N011M is not simply a PESA, but instead, it's a transition between PESA and AESA in that it adopts technologies from both: each transceiver on the antenna array of N011M has its own receiver amplifier, which is the same as AESA, and with noise level of 3dB, which is also in the same class of AESA arrays. However, for transmitting, N011M uses PESA technology in that a single Chelnok traveling-wave tube is used for EGSP-6A transmitter.
Maybe N011M does use these technologies, but the data from the previous Moscow Air Show shows that the N011M radar of su-30sme has a detection distance of 110KM to a target of 3 square meters.
This means that the detection distance for a target of 5 square meters is about 125KM, and for example, the klj-7a of JF-17 BLOCK3 has a detection distance of about 170KM for a target of 5 square meters.
su-30m2.jpg

it
It has a radar warning receiver

How do you "counter" the missile with another one?

The I-derby (and this is the ER version) is close to the AIM-120 in range but the problem statement wasnt the AMRAAM so much so as the ability to the MKis various systems integration working as expected.

Percolating this down the entire fleet of 220(if it even goes that way) will take time...
But then the AIM-120 is only equipping some 70 odd PAF aircraft - what about the 140 others(JF-17 and Mirage III-ROSEi1) with the PL-12 which outsticks the AIM-120? or the 90 odd(36 J-10 and JF-17 Block-3) on route with the PL-15 which outsticks anything the IAF has?

Making stupid statements like the "AMRAAM successfully countered" serves the IAF not other than self fellatio fanboys.
What counters the AMRAAM is integration of all the warfighting systems with operational availability of the massive EW capability the IAF has to degrade the PAF as a system rather than "MKI this" or "Rafale that".

I mentioned in another thread the near genetic fault of self aggrandizement that effects Indians - it will forever be their reason to lag behind despite their massive potential.

It has Israel jammer... which helped to dodged the missiles...

As usual, pakistani will believe on claim of their government..... indian will be on indian government.

But Su 30 mki shoot down is just equal claim as F16 shoot down with no evidence and proof..... Both seems, just propaganda news from the both governments.

What is the range of this missile ?

120 Km.. But only for a short time.

All these fighters will be equipped with Astra- 2 missiles with range approx 160 km in the next 3-4 years

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom