What's new

Israeli Assessment of Russian MIG29 fighters

They are lying because they want more countries to buy that Mikoyan disaster. Mig-29 is a shame of an aircraft.... Actually it is a shame to everything that flies including cockroaches.

On the other hand the Su-27 family is a real "trustworthy, strong, and massive" fighter jets.
Mig29 is the real competitor for F16 which is of same class where as Su27 is to counter F15 class with air superiority . Su27s brought in more numbers doesnt mean Mig29s are less capable . Its just because of the lack of capability of weaker countries why Mig29s were downed by US aircrafts . If it was either India or Russia , F16/F15 would have a tough time while competing with Mig29 .

I like the Mig29, you can use the Mig29 to launch long-ranged R-77 to intercept. Mig29 is a much cheaper version than the multi-role like Su30.

Mig 29 SMT is a much improved model of the fighter

The MiG-29SMT main features:
– Modern high precision weapons of "A-S" class are included into the weapons nomenclature. It is provided for the weapons nomenclature enhancement during aircraft life cycle.
– The aircraft is equipped with multifunctional multi-mode pulse-Doppler airborne "Zhuk-ME" radar manufactured by "Fazotron-NIIP" Corporation. The radar is provided with a slot antenna array. As compared with the airborne radar of the previous generation the "Zhuk-ME" has enhanced scanning angles in azimuth, twice increased detection range, less weight and higher reliability. The "Zhuk-ME" radar provides for tracking up to 10 air targets with capability of simultaneous firing of 4 targets with missiles.
– The airborne avionics of the MiG-29SMT aircraft is designed following the principle of open architecture on the basis of a mission computer with the data exchange multiplex channel (bus of MIL STD 1553B standard). It allows to install aboard the aircraft the new systems of Russian or foreign origin at the customer’s request. – The cockpit data display system includes two new wide-screen MFD-10-6 multifunction color displays and realizes the HOTAS conception.
– INS-GPS navigation system is included into the navigation equipment.
– The aircraft is equipped with in-flight refuelling system.

The concept,design and developmental history of the Mig-29 and its variants..

Last edited by a moderator:
Robustness? Confidence of pilots? Hmm lets see...The first carrier landing of the Indian MiG 29K was done by a pilot who has never landed on a carrier deck earlier and never even practiced for it on ground based facility.

Back
Top Bottom