Country
United States
logo.standard.png

Israeli and Turkish Beach Soccer Teams in Diplomatic Incident

"I saw them throw away the flags."

By: Yori Yanover
Published: June 16th, 2013

Beach-soccer.jpg

Israel's national beach soccer team playing against France.

Before Israel’s national Beach Soccer team’s game against Turkey on Sunday (in which Israel won 9-6 and qualified for the European Championship), as the two teams were exchanging each other pennants, Coach Benny Lam noticed that the Turks threw the Israeli flags away.

Speaking to the Sports News website ONE from Italy, where the tournament is being held, Lam: “I saw them throw away the flags. At that moment I said we should have given them a beating for that. It was a crucial game for both teams. I got my players together and told them: The Turks hate us, we’re going to take them apart, you’ll eat them up, we’ll teach them how to behave.”

Meanwhile, Israel has achieved a major victory when the team beat Turkey 9-6 in the early round tournament. The win secured the Israeli national team’s participation in the European Championship to be held in August in Barcelona.

One of the goals was self-inflicted by the Turks.

Beach soccer, also known as beach football or beasal, is a variant of association football played on a beach or some form of sand. The irregularity of the soft-sand playing surface leads to a totally different style of play than is used in association football, with a greater degree of improvisation.

Scary Israelies taught Turks a lesson by winning in a beach soccer game !

I believe that the point of the article is that the Turks committed an un-sportsmanship act and in so doing did themselves a huge disfavor since their action of desecrating the Israeli flag boosted the morale of the Israeli team to the extent that they whipped the Turkish team :D

I believe that the point of the article is that the Turks committed an un-sportsmanship act and in so doing did themselves a huge disfavor since their action of desecrating the Israeli flag boosted the morale of the Israeli team to the extent that they whipped the Turkish team :D

Generally both our flag and flags of the other nations are sacred to us. I don't think our team threw Israeli flag but "pennant", there is lot of difference.

Very interesting! I must investigate further :cheesy:

This cant be true we do consider all flags as sacred. But if true those responsible should be punished and banned from the teams.

i congratulate turkish players who threw that scrap away.

i congratulate israeli players for their win.

next...

Back
Top Bottom