What's new

Israel seeks to deploy 20,000 commandos in Greek Cyprus

Are you completely out of your mind? Turkey has always been the strongest opponent to Israel's crimes. You seem to be completely out of touch with reality. Turkey is a strong independent country, not like India where we are dependant on a tiny country like Israel. Many Indians in this forum has proven your strong affection to your former masters.

Dont make a fool out of yourself with all this naive chest thumping. Turkey was Israel's strongest and closest ally in the Middle East before some recent mishaps.

As for the notion of India being dependent on Israel - that is what PDF can do to unsuspecting, ignorant people.

Israel wants its energy projects in Greek Cyprus to be run by Israelis and is seeking to deploy as many as 20,000 commandos for their protection, Anatolia news agency reported today.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his Greek Cypriot counterpart, Demetris Christofias, met on Feb. 16 to discuss the two countries' joint ventures. Details of the talks between the two leaders were kept secret.

Anatolia cited a source it said was close to the Greek Cypriot government who reportedly said Christophias specifically asked Netanyahu to convince Israeli businessmen to halt their investments in Turkish Cyprus during the meeting.

Netanyahu reportedly offered during the same meeting to undertake all the expenses required to construct a gas plant needed to extract the natural gas found in the Mediterranean Sea, the report said. In exchange, Netanyahu asked that all the 10,000 personnel that would work at the plant be brought in from Israel with their families, which would increase the number to nearly 30,000.

The high number of Israelis in Greek Cyprus would present a security issue, which Netanyahu suggested be solved by sending as many as 20,000 Israeli commandos to safeguard both the Israelis and the natural gas plant, the agency said.

Israel's offer sought to place the personnel and commandos in Limassol in Greek Cyprus.

Anatolia's source in Greek Cyprus reportedly said, "The Israelis were coming here to settle for good."

INTERNATIONAL - Israel seeks to deploy 20,000 commandos in Greek Cyprus

And who is going to protect their 20,000 Commandos ?

Only 20,000 commandos?! I certainly hope that at least some of them are Mossad sharks and pigoens, because if that's not the case, we should use at least ONE MILLION COMMANDOS! :D

Why is Israel colonizing Cyprus, it's the nile to the euphrates last I heard. I guess this is what happens when we let people write religous scripture, they interpret it as they like.

Lets hope that this thread will not once again derail.

Hürriyet is a solid source thats why I posted it, can't tell whether its true or not.

Lets hope that this thread will not once again derail.

Hürriyet is a solid source thats why I posted it, can't tell whether its true or not.

source is southern cyprus "a source it said was close to the Greek Cypriot government ":)

I agree 100% with this , we were neve slaves , look at india now im sure their embaressed inside themselves

Are you completely out of your mind? Turkey has always been the strongest opponent to Israel's crimes. You seem to be completely out of touch with reality. Turkey is a strong independent country, not like India where we are dependant on a tiny country like Israel. Many Indians in this forum has proven your strong affection to your former masters.

PS. Turks have never been slaves/minions to any power in history. That is not the same with India. On the contrary we always were one of the biggest empire of its time.

Let's just say, for the sake of the arguement, there is something true about this news; Israel would only mobilise a force this size if they think they will ensure air supermacy over cyprus -which i see highly improbable- and if it's not the case, a brigade size addition to south-cypriot side isn't enough to change the outcome of a possible engagement.

First of all anything they could place on the island will be in artillery range and thanks to our naval superiority. It'll be almost impossible for them to bring reinforcements so if any pre-emptive strike fails the losses would be catastrophic.

In my humble opinion it's too amateurish and too risky for Israel's style for a military move.

Let's just say, for the sake of the arguement, there is something true about this news; Israel would only mobilise a force this size if they think they will ensure air supermacy over cyprus -which i see highly improbable- and if it's not the case, a brigade size addition to south-cypriot side isn't enough to change the outcome of a possible engagement.

First of all anything they could place on the island will be in artillery range and thanks to our naval superiority. It'll be almost impossible for them to bring reinforcements so if any pre-emptive strike fails the losses would be catastrophic.

In my humble opinion it's too amateurish and too risky for Israel's style for a military move.

Thank god finnaly a real comment.

The "peaceful activists", i regret the ship wasn't sunk.

You are right, those people should have waited to be killed like other 9 innocents. Your damn soldiers start shooting before they land on the vessels. What were you expecting from them. Just sit tight? More importantly why did you attack the vessels in the international water? You are still barefaced and shameless to support you terrorist acts.

Back
Top Bottom