What's new

Israel seeks a game-changing relation with India in exchange for counter-terror tips

We also believe that the Palestineans do need a home and that Israel should accommodate their just aspirations. Are the two lines of thought really mutually exclusive? I dont think so.

no they are not, i was talking more on the ground level and the thoughts of the common man in india, rather than on an official strategic level.

on the official level i dont think the indian administration really care about palestine as an actual issue in any meaningful way, infact i doubt they would ever flag a serious concern so as not to offend israel, but the average man in india does not approve of the palestinian situation, thus india must at the very least project a superficial response of disapproval.

i think as civilisational fault lines become more pronounced and india continues to change direction less and less people will identify with the palestinians over the coming years.

The Indians have done far far more in economic and developmental terms (not to mention the obvious politcal help) for the Palestinians than Pakistan or China ever has. Its not for nothing that Palestinians consider India as their friend even though they know of their relations with Israel.

Actions speak louder than words. And India is not just hindus, yes its hindu majority but it has one of the largest populations of muslims, Sikhs, Jains, Chritians in the world as well. Keep that in mind when you refer to India

Back
Top Bottom