What's new

Israel ranked 4th strongest military and 10th most powerful country

It is easy to have a powerful military when it is being paid for and supplied by the world's greatest military superpower.

I cant find a newer article but this one I found interesting. I was wrong about majority being atheist it was not being religious 65% here.

anyway I wont derail the discussion any further.
45% of Jews are secular (Not necessarily atheists, I consider myself secular), 25% are conservative, 16% are very religious and 14% are Orthodox.
That's according to official Israeli data:

About the other 25% of non Jews it's not relevant.

the most skilled and experienced pilots in the world
I would agree with most of these points except this. Based on pure flying skill and weapons employment 1 on 1, the Americans and the Canadians are amongst the most skilled.

I would agree with most of these points except this. Based on pure flying skill and weapons employment 1 on 1, the Americans and the Canadians are amongst the most skilled.
No, Israeli pilots beat American pilots in Red Flag exercises. I remember watching a news report many years ago about that.

Also, Canada? What have they done to show for it?

No, Israeli pilots beat American pilots in Red Flag exercises. I remember watching a news report many years ago about that.

Also, Canada? What have they done to show for it?
American pilots have beaten Israeli pilots in Red Flag exercises as well. Determining superior fighter flying ability is not just based on exercise results. There are just too many factors within the vast spectrum of fighter flying. My opinion on the matter is based on the culture and training doctrines I know about the American and Canadian fighter pilots I personally know. Canadians are a deadly bunch. You shouldn't write off their pilots and (off topic) also their special forces. Very impressive people.
I understand the Israeli fighter pilots are the crème de la crème of Israeli youth, so they are definitely up there but just not at the level of the USAF, USN, or RCAF. A FWS instructor on, say, F-16s is the No. 1 subject matter expert on F-16 weapons employment on the planet and flies a neck breaking number of hours. Don't quote me on this, but I heard that they fly about 300-350 hours a year.

American pilots have beaten Israeli pilots in Red Flag exercises as well. Determining superior fighter flying ability is not just based on exercise results. There are just too many factors within the vast spectrum of fighter flying. My opinion on the matter is based on the culture and training doctrines I know about the American and Canadian fighter pilots I personally know. Canadians are a deadly bunch. You shouldn't write off their pilots and (off topic) also their special forces. Very impressive people.
I understand the Israeli fighter pilots are the crème de la crème of Israeli youth, so they are definitely up there but just not at the level of the USAF, USN, or RCAF. A FWS instructor on, say, F-16s is the No. 1 subject matter expert on F-16 weapons employment on the planet and flies a neck breaking number of hours. Don't quote me on this, but I heard that they fly about 300-350 hours a year.

the us pilots also fly less and less hours every year.
im serious, look it up, they fly on average less than chinese pilot now.

I cannot forget the day Netanyahu ran to his hole being scared of Hamas missiles and left his speech in Knesset unfinished.

The OP runs to his hole once a month on average.

If you know them personally, ask them what are the dogfight victory ratios against Israeli pilots in Red Flag.

Israeli fighter pilot got much more operational experience than Americans. Israelis with F4s fared way better against Soviet and Egyptian MiG21 pilots than their American counterparts.

Israeli pilots have a way better air to air victory ratio (It's an insane 600 to 50 or so IIRC), majority of kills by F16 and F15 are attributed to Israel, Israeli pilots did the impossible multiple times including destroying 2 nuclear reactors, landing a plane with one wing, taking out 30 of the most advanced SAM sites and 80 MiG23s, Su22s and MiG21s with 0 casualties in Operation Mole Cricket 19.
Best jet era ace pilot is Giora Epstein with 17 enemy aircraft shot down.

Today Syrians launch up to 70 missiles at Israeli aircraft in strike sorties. When was the last time the US had to handle something like this?

Sorry but I refuse to believe Canadian pilots with 0 real experience are anything special. Israeli pilots fly on average around the same as US pilots, except a major part of it is operational.

Before you start crying about Israel not being the 4th strongest military, Israel has the best and most concentrated air defenses in the world, the most skilled and experienced pilots in the world, all of its active tanks are armed with the best APS in the world and it has a huge modern tank force, second to none cyber capability, second to none intelligence gathering capability, second to none assassination capability, the best ATGMs in the world, one of the most motivated to fight population in the world, one of the only countries with ICBMs and nuclear weapons, proved to be able to quickly mobilize hundreds of thousands of experienced, high value reservists that are constantly training up until age 49 and constantly defeated a bunch of Arab nations ganging up on it with way more weaponry, manpower and superior Soviet technology.

Really Russia as number 1? what a joke. I wouldnt even put Russia in top 20 at this point :woot:

My top 10 as of today- jan 2023

1. US
2. China
3. Japan- Beats out the rest due to extremely large + very modern air force/navy
4. France- Global power projection + Technology + Navy + very modern army/air force
5. UK- Same as France - Global power projection + Technology + Navy + very modern army/air force
6. Israel- Extremely modern home built tech + large modern air force/army
7. India- Large manpower, held down due to 90% reliance on soviet/russian equipment + large blue water navy
8. Pakistan- Large mostly modern army/air force + Modern Missile tech ahead of rest + 5th largest UCAV force + Semi modern home built tech
9. Turkey- Modern army/airforce + Best UCAV tech after US+ modern home built tech
10. South Korea- Large modern army/airforce/navy + Modern home built tech

The reason I put Japan/France/Uk ahead of Israel is due to there global power projection capabilities, nuclear program, and blue water esq navies. Russias military has effectively been destroyed and is not even as capable as secondary powers.

Pakistan has many major advantages over india including its reliance on more reliable american/chinese weapons compared to indias reliance on mostly soviet weapons. Israeli/french weapons are still used but only as niche weaponry for elite units. Pak also has a much larger modern UCAV fleet compared to India. India edges out pak mostly due to its blue water navy + space program which could be its biggest force multiplier in a major conflict.

Last edited:
I agree Israel is amongst the strongest militaries in the world. But number four is a bit of an exaggeration.

Israel is a western outpost. Essentially a military base. It’s build and equipped like a base to keep lid on anything arising from the Mideast.

This is an official understanding inside defense circle and western capitals. It has less to do with Jews controlling US but more to do with how evangelical christian view Mideast and Muslims in their Judeo-Christian mindset.

Back
Top Bottom