What's new

Israel attacks Lebanon

Jihad_

BANNED
Reaction score
Israel bombing now the headquarters of general command of the popular front in Al-na'ma , south of Beirut.

IAF strikes target in Southern Lebanon

By JPOST.COM STAFF, 08/23/2013 04:49

The Israeli Air Force struck a target near Beirut in South Lebanon early on Friday morning, the IDF said in a statement.

The airstrike was made in response to rockets fired from Lebanon into Northern Israel on Thursday.

According to the statement, the strike was an exact strike and all of the pilots returned to Israel safely.

Additionally, Israel announced that the government holds Lebanon as responsible for the rocket fire that occurred on Thursday, even though a Sunni group called the Abdallah al-Azzam Brigades claimed responsibility for the rockets.

http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/IAF-strikes-target-in-Southern-Lebanon-324024

Two rockets from Lebanon explode in Israel, Iron Dome intercepts third

By Gili Cohen , Barak Ravid and Eli Ashkenazi | Aug. 22, 2013 | 6:30 PM | 13

At least three rockets were fired on Israel from southern Lebanon on Thursday afternoon, Israel Defense Forces confirmed, setting off air raid sirens in the Nahariya and Acre areas.

One of the rockets was intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defense system, Israel Defense Forces Spokesman Brig. Gen. Yoav Mordechai said.

The army believes that global jihad operatives, and not Hezbollah, are behind the attacks.

It was not immediately clear exactly how many rockets were fired. The IDF identified a barrage of either three or four rockets fired from the Klayaa area, south of Tyre, Lebanon.

Mordechai said that "the IDF sees the incident as an isolated incident and thus no new home front instructions were issued."

Air traffic in the Haifa area was closed, but the IDF stressed this was not due to information on additional rocket fire, rather taken as a precautionary measure "until the situation becomes clear."

"We are acting on all fronts, in the north and in the south, to defend the citizens of Israel from such attacks," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a statement Thursday evening, referring also to the Syrian civil war, where reports have emerged of large-scale chemical warfare, and to the ongoing unrest in Egypt. "We employ various measures, both defensive and preventive, and we are acting responsibly. Our policy is clear: to protect and to prevent. Whoever tries to harm us should know we will harm them."

Following the attack, Lebanon's official news agency reported that Israel Air Force drones were circling the area from which the rockets were believed to have emerged.

Home Front Command officers emphasized that when sirens are sounded, civilians must enter bomb shelters and remain there for 10 minutes.

Adar Sharif, a resident of the Western Galilee, told Haaretz he had heard two loud explosions, which sounded like Katyusha rockets, but could not say where they hit. "Since then, my family and I have been staying in a shelter, awaiting official instructions."

Seven houses and three cars sustained damage when debris fell in a village north of Nahariya. "I was in the living room, when I heard the boom and rushed to the secure space," Avril, a resident of the village told Haaretz, after her house was damaged by shrapnel. "Its scary for a second, but then the adrenalin makes you function fast." She added "you're always afraid. We've already experienced similar events and even worse. I hope it won't be an ongoing event."

Eleven-year-old Ben Levy who lives nearby said that he wasn't in the house, and that he and his friend immediately lay down on the ground, as they were drilled in school. "I saw the Katyusha pass above me and after the fall, I ran to the secure space, because I feared there would be more. I hope quiet returns."

Avi Gini, another resident, said that the rocket woke him up from his nap. "I'm really angry at them," he said jokingly, adding that "we really don't know what to expect. The whole Middle East is in turmoil."

Yehuda Shavit, head of the Mateh Asher Regional Council said that the village was hit by a Katyusha, while residents said it seemed to be a motar bomb or parts of an Iron Dome intercepting rocket.

The shrapnel hit electric lines, causing a power failure in the village.

Jacky Sabag, the Mayor of Nahariya said that he didn't receive orders to open shelters, but decided to declare them open anyway so that residents would have an extra sense of security.

On Tuesday, Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon said, "For the past while the borders have been relatively quiet, but there are no guarantees. The Middle East is hot and turbulent, whether among the extremist Islamic movements or the spread of global jihad."

Two weeks ago, four IDF soldiers were injured in an explosion near the Lebanese border. According to a statement made by the Lebanese army the incident took place on the Lebanese side of the border.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.543066

Al Qaeda Spinoff Claims Rocket Attack on Israel from Lebanon

By Joshua Mitnick, Maria Abi-Habib

Lebanese militants fired a salvo of rockets at northern Israel on Thursday, triggering sirens and sending residents scurrying for shelter in an attack that rattled a long calm along a border infamous as tinderbox.

Though no injuries were reported, the incident came at a time of renewed talk about the possible need for Western intervention in neighboring Syria in response to allegations of chemical weapons attacks there on civilians.

In a troubling sign that extremist groups may be taking advantage of Lebanon’s growing instability, the Abdullah Azzam Brigade’s local branch took responsibility for the attack on Twitter. A spinoff of al Qaeda, the group bands together Salafist militants from across the region.

Lebanese and Israeli officials had earlier ruled out the involvement of Hezbollah, which has been heavily involved in Syria in support of President Bashar al-Assad. The Shiite militia is believed to have thousands of rockets stockpiled in Lebanon after fighting a monthlong war with Israel in 2006.

Instead, both Lebanese and Israeli military officials had pointed the finger at Lebanese-based Salafist militants affiliated with al Qaeda.

As many as four rockets were fired from Rashidiya, near the city of Sur. Rashidiya is the site of a large Palestinian refugee camp, home to about 18,000 people.

The leader of the Abdullah Azzam Brigades is a Saudi national and is thought to be living in the open in the Ain el Hilweh refugee camp in southern Lebanon. The group’s leader, Majed al Majed, is on Saudi Arabia’s most wanted list for suspected terrorist leaders.

Lebanese officials suspect Salafi extremist groups may have perpetrated the attack in the hope that Israel would retaliate on Hezbollah interests in Sur, a major stronghold for the group.

“For sure it wasn’t Hezbollah,” said an official from Lebanon’s state security forces, who declined to give his name following protocol. “It must be these Salafi groups because we have no control over them.”

Al Qaeda Spinoff Claims Rocket Attack on Israel from Lebanon - Wall Street Journal - WSJ.com

This is what Arab Media

Last day Night there were 4 Rockets being fired from Southern Lebanon headed towards Israel's Northern Side

One of them Intercepted by Iron Dome others are fall open Area's ..No casualties were Reported Till Now ..

There has some Buildings Damaged quoted earlier Reports

When Israel Identifies the Rocket launched Sites ..The IDF launched a Air Strike Resulting direct Attack on the Launch Site

Israel, assad, the Egyptian Junta same scum different face

Israeli jets bomb Lebanon target

The Israeli air force bombed a target south of the Lebanese capital, Beirut, early on Friday, an Israel Defence Forces spokesman has announced.

The air strike targeted a "terror site" near Na'ameh, between Beirut and Sidon, said an Israeli military source quoted by Reuters.

This comes a day after rockets were fired into Israel from Lebanon.

A total of four rockets were fired from southern Lebanon, a stronghold of the Shia Islamist movement Hezbollah.

No casualties were reported in that attack, although news footage showed some minor damage at a kibbutz near the coastal town of Nahariya.

An Israeli military spokesman said one of the rockets was intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defence system.

Rockets have been fired into Israel intermittently by militant groups since the Israel-Hezbollah conflict in 2006.

But an Israeli army spokesman told the BBC he did not believe Hezbollah was behind Thursday's attack.

Lebanese news agencies reported all four rockets were fired at Israel from the Tyre region in southern Lebanon.

BBC News - Israeli jets bomb Lebanon target

@Hazzy997:

Didn't I tell you? It wasn't Hezbollah who paid for it, but the same Salafist groups.
Those lunatics just gave Israel permission to launch air strike on Lebanon, while not even scratching anything in Israel with those fire crackers.

Now tell me, what did they achieve?

Last edited by a moderator:
:what: What does the Arab media have done to make you so upset? No body posted a link in here, and one Arab news agency had been covering the conflict from A - Z :what:
This is what Arab Media

Last day Night there were 4 Rockets being fired from Southern Lebanon headed towards Israel's Northern Side

One of them Intercepted by Iron Dome others are fall open Area's ..No casualties were Reported Till Now ..

There has some Buildings Damaged quoted earlier Reports

When Israel Identifies the Rocket launched Sites ..The IDF launched a Air Strike Resulting direct Attack on the Launch Site

@Hazzy997:

Didn't I tell you? It wasn't Hezbollah who paid for it, but the same Salafist groups.
Those lunatics just gave Israel permission to launch air strike on Lebanon, while not even scratching anything in Israel with those fire crackers.

Now tell me, what did they achieve?

Maybe those individuals wanted to instigate Israel against Hezbollah. If you care to read then you will see that Al-Qaida had used southern Lebanon to launch its attack from ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow cant believe Israel can just come, attack, and go like its no problem from a small rocket attack.
Lebanon needs a air force ASAP

:what: What does the Arab media have done to make you so upset? No body posted a link in here, and one Arab news agency had been covering the conflict from A - Z :what:

Maybe those individuals wanted to instigate Israel against Hezbollah. If you care to read then you will see that Al-Qaida had used southern Lebanon to launch its attack from ..

If you also care to read, they took responsibility for the attack which means Israel would know where to target.
Israel is not stupid to attack Hezbollah for this incident to drag thousands of its missiles to their soil.
Yesterday I told them that this group just gave Israel permission to launch an air strike on Lebanon for nothing.

Hezbollah Israel Phone call leaked -
Hezbollah(H) - Israel, bad boy - why you attack our innocent attackers?
Israel(I) - Oh hi, long time no see - where were you all this time?
H - preparing for getting piece(of land)
I - :what:
H- :rofl:
I - Not fair. Why shoot rockets from Lebanon? It hurts man.
H - :devil: I know.
I - We have to come and give you a spanking then :police:
H - Try - last time we destroyed you?
I - :what: are you for real?
H - okay fine, we were kaput, but don't tell my men.
I - No, we don't really speak much to them. Other than some interrogation. All we do is fix their interview with God.
H - Which God? :devil:
I - :pissed: Ok That's enough - here we come.
H - Boys go hide - Israel wants to play hide and seek. :laughcry:
I - :what: :hitwall:
hizbullah please answer them

Back
Top Bottom