What's new

Israel appoints its 1st-ever female Muslim diplomatic envoy

Reaction score
Country
Azerbaijan
58e54312c4618801318b45d1.jpg

Rasha Atamny, a 31-year-old Palestinian born in a small Arab town, has been appointed Israel’s first secretary at its Turkish embassy in Ankara, the first time the country has sent a Muslim woman to represent it abroad.
Atamny will occupy a senior post at a mission responsible for nurturing one of the country’s most fragile relationships. Last year, Israel and Turkey signed a reconciliation agreement that tentatively ended a six-year diplomatic breakdown caused by the IDF’s military operation against a Turkish-sponsored humanitarian flotilla destined for Gaza.

Born in Baqa al-Gharbiya, a town of fewer than 30,000 on Israeli side of the West Bank border, Atamny studied psychology at Hebrew University, before being accepted on the hyper-competitive three-year Foreign Ministry cadet course alongside 21 of her contemporaries.
In a blog written while she was still completing her course, Atamny said that her decision to become a diplomat came from a three-month internship at the Israeli mission at the UN.

“One turning point will always stay with me: one day, I sat down in my usual seat in the human rights committee, and listened with great interest to a discussion taking place on women's rights violations,” Atamny wrote in Hebrew.

"At this point, I had gotten used to the continuous barrage of accusations leveled against Israel by many countries on the council... The discrimination against Israel in the UN is very obvious and disappointing. But this time it was different. This time I listened to speeches by Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq and Egypt, all decrying the 'systematic women's rights violations' by Israel, while I, an Arab, Muslim Palestinian origin, represent Israel at the UN Human Rights Council."

“That day at the UN made me desperately disappointed and pushed me to take matters into my own hands, to try and at least object in thought to the systemic conduct carried out in the international arena against Israel.”

Atamny’s Twitter account, which has recently been closed but remains cached, strikes a similar pro-government tone, attacking supporters of the BDS campaign, which she says is about “eliminating Israel” and defending the controversial lemonade-making machine manufacturer Sodastream.

Israel has previously appointed Christians and male Muslims to foreign roles, as well as female Muslims to Foreign Ministry jobs inside the country, but never abroad.

Absolutely. If India is a Muslim's country, then they have the right to serve it.
Islam says to be loyal to your country. Everybody knows that genius.
The problem is, Israel is not a country and will never be.
Look at her face! Who says that she has Islamic beliefs?!

Pathetic losers are hiding behind a self-salor woman.
Doesn't change the fact Israelis, your future is fixed

Absolutely. If India is a Muslim's country, then they have the right to serve it.
Islam says to be loyal to your country. Everybody knows that genius.
It's the second time you said "they have the right"
You didn't think that they have to do that or they are forbidden from doing it
You said that they have the right,means they're free to choose.
Thats a very good thinking, i appreciate it.

The problem is, Israel is not a country and will never be.
Look at her face! Who says that she has Islamic beliefs?!

Pathetic losers are hiding behind a self-salor woman.
Doesn't change the fact Israelis, your future is fixed
It's not just her,all her family/tribe are doctors,one of them treated my asthma.
One from her family win the master chef reality show,they're really successful in many term.
If you don't have something good or smart to say,just shut up.

She goes a bit overboard when she tries to defend Usrael against Arab nations' accusations of human rights abuse against Muslim women under occupation.. these Arab and Muslim nations have solid evidence to prove what they claim, those are not empty claims, even a novice can find evidence on Youtube of violent abuse of Palestinian women by the occupying IDF.. She is a bit too enthusiastic for attaining her senior diplomatic post and in a Muslim country on top of it.. I see it as a political appointment more than anything else in an overall Usraeli campaign to put some beautifying make-up on its ugly face.. it has already started in the UN through the US ' UN appointee that has vowed to muzzle up the worldwide criticism of Usraeli actions in the UN..

Last edited:
It's the second time you said "they have the right"
You didn't think that they have to do that or they are forbidden from doing it
You said that they have the right,means they're free to choose.
Thats a very good thinking, i appreciate it.

It's not just her,all her family/tribe are doctors,one of them treated my asthma.
One from her family win the master chef reality show,they're really successful in many term.
You think that i care?!!!
Look at my nickname Zionist! Bow to it and beg Allah to keep you Israelis away from people like me.
As i said, your fate is fixed, no one can change it. Justice is coming for you Israelis

Last edited:
because the (al)atamna family as other "palestinians" are not from the levant,they(atamna tribe) came from egypt in the last 100-150 years to the levant,atamna it's a city in egypt.
:coffee:

Palestinians are and were always natives of Levant.

Even your own sources say that
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/science/1.681385
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinians#DNA_and_genetic_studies
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Jews
http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/...-judea-samaria-were-formerly-jews/2015/01/06/

You cannot try to separate that fact. Israelis like to think that Palestinians were 'barbaric' Muslim Arab invaders who 'displaced' the native Jewish population and that Israelis are only taking back what is theirs.

Hebrew tribes invaded the region and took over the REAL native peoples such as Canaanites, Philistines and etc... (many of whom are ancestors to the modern Levantine people). Philistines eventually formed their own independant state in the Southern Coast of modern-day Palestine.

Palestines have more of right to the region than Israelis can ever have, that's the fact - accept it.

Back
Top Bottom