What's new

ISPR release Pictures and footage from Indian Drone

Indian BSF with the same drone :

View attachment 238048

That is Mumbai Police, check the logo behind him

mumbai.jpg

Well sir as it has been said a million times before, I am just reiterating the facts. Bare with me.
The drone captures is a commercial off the shelf model with no retrofits. These drones have a max range of 3Km in LOS. The battery they carry, at max can provide a 30 min hang time. Flight time reduces with considerably if it's a windy day or the drone is accelerated in any direction (ie, acc. vertically to attain altitude or acc. horizontally to cover ground). They carry a tiny payload of a a large FOV HD camera, essentially a Go-PRO. They are operated in 2.5 Ghz or 5 Ghz Channel. Communication channels are open and are highly interference prone. These makes it a very good platform for aerial photography, large area survey, event management and related etc.

Now let's see why this is very bad choice for ISR activities. Firstly bcoz it's off the shelf commercial product. Any and all off the shelf products will not be used for such sensitive activities. Specialized is equipment is brought in for a reason. Commercial products are not used bcoz it's operating characteristics are not known and cannot be trusted upon. They generally do not guarantee consistent performance in a highly demanding situation. Moreover these products are not "Specialized" enough for the job.

Secondly 30 mins of loft time is peanuts. Even tactical teams have miniature air vehicles which have higher loft time. Here we are talking about BSF, a dug in defensive force. They need a platform which can provide with a large endurance. Larger endurance also allows for multiple maneuvers before reaching a position/location for its ISR activity.

Thirdly, the high FOV camera is anything but the worst ISR sensor to say the least. Its has a high field of view hence cannot get "tight" shot of the subjects. This creates an image which covers a lot of ground but at the expense of details. These cameras can only operate at visual range hence these drones as a platform are worthless when the sun goes down. Also Camera is the only ISR sensor on it. There is no other SIGINT package that can be put on it.

Finally, the biggest reason why they are not used for ISR is the range. These quads use 2.5 GHz or 5Ghz radios for communication. This is the biggest caveat. Not only this reduces it operational range to few couple of Kms but also leaves the communication channel open for interception. Plus they are very prone to interference.

Now as others have highlighted, the drone was recovered about some 50Km from LOC ?? Doesn't that mean the radio controlling it must me within 2~3 Km Radius. So it can be one of these scenarios
1. A highly specialized team of IA penetrated into Pakistan, somehow fooling the Pakistani border security guards and then whip out this cheap, flimsy, inefficient drone to capture about 30mins of footage !!! [ This scenario just highlight the gross inefficiency of Pakistani Border guards to capture IA team which infiltrated into Pakistan. ]

2. Some local (Pakistani) bought this off online and flew it near Pakistani position just to see his soldiers in action against Indians. Mind you just few days ago there was exchange of bullets in the vicinity. And action he got. His drone got shot at by the soldiers. [ this scenario however shows how promptly Pakistani soldiers ]

Now the choice is yours. I have also provided with enough information to take an educated guess.

Answer lies in your own post. Look up Bhimbar on map, it is very close to Border. Your military could bring in military grade gear but that doesn't cover denial part post crash. Key word here is deception, surprise and escape route in case of crash. I have already appreciated the thought process behind it. Was it a commercial one? Yes most likely. Question is was it being used for commercial purposes or personal entertainment purposes. Data will be accessed by Pak Military after it crashes and, trust me on this, Indian High Commisioner will not be summoned if it was one of our own.

As far limited range of this copter please refer to handheld UAVs used by US military. It is only good for 5km and flies for 30 min only. Just to get ssome pictures of terrain and enemy position beyond human eye. That's what it was attempted for by your military. For border skirmishes you just need to know enemy postions upto 2km. That's is a vital info. Doesn't matter if the camera that takes the picture is a Go Pro or CCD made in Israel. It does the job and brings the pictures you need.

Neither ISPR, nor Foreign Office and definitely not summon of a diplomat would result from an own blue on blue. We are not as naive as you guys are sometimes made to believe. Just consider the fiasco if it was a Searcher or Rustam. Hence the use of Commercial one and easy denial. Brilliant but luck didn't play on your side as for shooting goes. Still India can walk away unscathed IMO because it was a commercial one.

It can ... depend on how u use it ? To track enemy on the sky, or to patrol the border, or spy neighbor bathroom and bedroom ... a smart drone.

I have no idea how a little drone can be so popular in the world, China DJ is a great Chinese drone company, selling million drones to foreign nations / Police / Army. I even saw ISIS using it.
View attachment 238051

So, Indians are using Chinese Drones against their dear love Pakistan. :lol:

We are still arguing over this stupidity! :woot: The drone has a range of a whole 2 Km !

Bhimber town itself is around 50Km from the LOC, and even if we are the assume that the drone was "shot down" in the regions of Bhimber district close to the LOC we need to consider the fact that there is no man's land/buffer zone on either side of the LOC.

So in order for the Indian Army to use this minuscule drone (range of 2 Km), they d have to physically infiltrate into Pakistani territory and then operate this drone, in which case why use the drone at all !

Its either gross incompetence by the Pakistani Army elements posted along the LOC or gross incompetence and poor proganda by Pakistani Army's ISPR. Lose lose situation :lol:

Apparently no Pakistani has been able to post a meaningful reply to this post. I was under the impression that Muslims did not lie during Ramadan. First ISPR and then ISPR defenders here have proved that wrong.

So, Indians are using Chinese Drones against their dear love Pakistan. :lol:
As i said, the DJ drone is not the weapon, a civilian drone ... it can be bought in any online shop like TaoBao.com / Ebay.com etc. I don't know where Indian get it, must be from some shop, just Made in China.

No ask Punjab Police on your side. They must be missing something by now.
Since when does Punjab police use UAVs on line on control in

lmao .. so now Panjab Police operates UAVs on LOC in Azad Kashmir? :lol:

whats next the drone belongs to martians>?

Asked them. Then they and I both had a great laugh on the moronic idea that police is deployed along LOC and is using UAv's to spy along border areas.

So Pak FO summoning your High commissioner was fake ???

Your BSF with the same uav:

View attachment 238050

Pakistani police using UAVS on line of control ???:rofl: can you get any dumber ??
Can you get any "dumber" that pic has been explained like three times. Even the previous post to yours explains .... but we all know how trolling is genetically imbibed in you.

:lol: Still burning. :rofl:
Sorry can't help you in your condition, you see our prize Pigeon is under arrest so we can't even ask it to squirt your burning end. you will just have to suffer. :D

Can you get any "dumber" that pic has been explained like three times. Even the previous post to yours explains .... but we all know how trolling is genetically imbibed in you.

and lying shamelessly is part of your DNA.

Nope, its elite BSF RAW unit disguised as Mumbai police

Says the idiots claiming that the drone was used by Punjab police on LOC? fuk logic.

Back
Top Bottom