What's new

Islamists destroy 15th-century Timbuktu mosque

It is better if we call them Kharjis/wahabis. Do not call them Islamists. We should not defame the word Islamists.

We need to bring our wayward brothers to the right path, without being too harsh to them, starting with the root. I do not support a confrontation, sometimes gentle persuasion and a consensus from the majority of the mainstream faith will be enough to convince them of their faulty path.

But unfortunately, what is going to happen is that it will raise or already have raised a red flag in front of the American bull, who will charge with their drone brigade, not thinking about the consequences, creating a greater mess. If we cannot manage our own affairs, then others will poke their nose and wreak havoc. Very sad, but at this point, this looks like the beginning of another Afghanistan or Somalia, the break down of a weak and vulnerable state and the proliferation of non-state actors.

What are these guys thinking??? They are destroying the very thing that helped them spread their religion in africa. Demolishing it will wipe off the history of not only the mali people but also the history of muslims in africa.

We need to bring our wayward brothers to the right path, without being too harsh to them, starting with the root. I do not support a confrontation, sometimes gentle persuasion and a consensus from the majority of the mainstream faith will be enough to convince them of their faulty path.

But unfortunately, what is going to happen is that it will raise or already have raised a red flag in front of the American bull, who will charge with their drone brigade, not thinking about the consequences, creating a greater mess. If we cannot manage our own affairs, then others will poke their nose and wreak havoc. Very sad, but at this point, this looks like the beginning of another Afghanistan or Somalia, the break down of a weak and vulnerable state and the proliferation of non-state actors.

Yes you are right. But unfortunately I feel the opposite is happening now. Terrorists are indoctrinating their beliefs in other moderate mulsims even they themselves remain unaware of this. The wahabi ideology is getting the benefits of their investments in large number of madrasas.

Nature of Islam. Omar destroyed the library of Alexandria because 'everything of importance is stated in the Quran', Taliban destroyed those Buddhist statues and Khalkhali (Iranian Mullah) wanted to destroy Persepolis and other pre-Islamic sites in Iran. Only thanks to the Iranian people, who could stop them, those sites are still standing.

^^^post reported for anti-islamic ranting and trolling. Lets see what mods do.

All is based on facts and my one conclusion based on it. If you can't handle it, you should leave internet. I'm alway shocked to see how many muslims can't respect free speech.

Agreed with your right to express your opinion in a neutral way. But any source to backup that claim?

Which claim you exactly mean?

Nature of Islam. Omar destroyed the library of Alexandria because 'everything of importance is stated in the Quran', Taliban destroyed those Buddhist statues and Khalkhali (Iranian Mullah) wanted to destroy Persepolis and other pre-Islamic sites in Iran. Only thanks to the Iranian people, who could stop them, those sites are still standing.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...-century-timbuktu-mosque-2.html#ixzz1zZ11tiXC

You made this claim after a line of generalization. What is the source of this information that Omer destroyed library of Alexandria ?

Come'on... any better source than Wikipedia?, as you know it maybe easily filled with cräp by any left or right whinger..

Come on man, you can even see the sources that are used to support that claim.

I personally dont agree with the term Nature of Islam which has been used here, but lets not forget that we muslims have established a pattern of intolerance and destrution of othe poeple's holly places.

O come on man, be honest. If the Islam (Quran) is talking about 'days of ignorance' to describe the pre-Islamic period, what do you expect his followers to do exactly?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom