What's new

Islamic states threaten Australia with sanctions over 'disputed E.Jerushelum' narrative.

@rapheal l Muslims are learning to gang up to sort out our issues. As our economic power grows we would be able to use it to our advantage. Abbot govt has accepted that 'There is an Israeli occupation' on EJ, but they are searching for an 'appropriate' word. Abbot himself is a religious bigot :D

You sir know who went to the "Kink" few decades ago in that foggy dark night, the birds chirping....Don't sell your oil too cheap. Come join us and you get milk&honey in return.

You sir really think that the economic power had some real foundation?

You sir seem to be naive.

The only real economic powers are the powers that have technological base. The others are the pumped up queens.

@kbd-raaf l Qatar's per capita income is almost twice the size of Australian per capita income.that too tax free. There are 3 Muslim countries in G-20, 7 out of 11 Next Eleven economies are Muslim countries, 15 out of current top 50 economies are Muslim countries. Greater economic integration in the Muslim world is underway with D-8, GCC, ECO like organization, so your argument is invalid.

Says who?

Those that have said this are the agents of the real elite. You think they will turn against them?

Enough traitor mal to replace if that was ever dreamed.

But local market potential is. Big markets hold their own value in international economic market-place.

Wot? That made no sense. Do you have any idea what you're talking about? It must be that 'top ten in the USA' college education talking. Islamic nations (since there is no bloc) hold very little value as far as big markets go. Indonesia is the biggest 'Islamic' market and they are certainly not willing to be in any grouping that includes Pakistan and the Arab countries.

ASEAN is a far stronger grouping than any Islamic bloc can ever hope to be.

Over-all economic umbrella of OIC is "increasing" and not "decreasing"---even if oil is decreasing..

Do tell.

Superpowers are judged with reference to their own time-period in history.
Rome, Persia, Abbasids, Ummayids, Ottomans, Mongols, British, etc. were all superpowers of their time. The greatest single power of their time.

You said GLOBAL superpower. There has been only one state in history whose influence encompassed the entire globe.

Increasing.

Because, you want it to? Do tell how it's increasing?

Nobody cares about Israel's existence.
Israel's colonization of other people is the problem.

If the Islamic world is so powerful why can't it stop Israel from doing whatever the heck it wants?

Last edited:
Wot? That made no sense.

It did. You just didn't get it.

You said PPP doesn't matter in international markets...which is true...but PPP does matter for local markets.

In other words, a region with MASSIVE economy (PPP) would be a very lucrative market for international companies..and you would not want to lose that market.

Get it now?

Islamic nations (since there is no bloc) hold very little value as far as big markets go. Indonesia is the biggest 'Islamic' market and they are certainly not willing to be in any grouping that includes Pakistan and the Arab countries.

We all know that. There isn't any effective Muslim bloc as of now.

ASEAN is a far stronger grouping than any Islamic bloc can ever hope to be.

There is no 'bloc' so to speak.

But suppose if OIC becomes integrated, effective global political-economic bloc...then ASEAN would be just a kid infront of such Islamic bloc.

But then again, there isn't going to be any OIC bloc anytime soon. But to say "ASEAN is far stronger than any Islamic bloc can ever hope to be" is nothing but pure brain fart.

What is there to tell? GDPs, trade, exports etc. of Islamic nations are rising...

You said GLOBAL superpower. There has been only one state in history whose influence encompassed the entire globe.

lol...History isn't seen by this approach.

And don't get stuck on one word.

What I've written is correct. Rome, Ottomans, Ummayids/Abbasids, and Brits etc. were all superpowers of their time.

If the Islamic world is so powerful why can't it stop Israel from doing whatever the heck it wants?

Who told you Islamic World is powerful?

Powerful is a relative term.

Islamic World is way more powerful than backwater countries like Philipines, india and so on...

But Islamic World is weak against West.

Israel, to spoon feed you, isn't an indigenous nation of the region. It is an "extension" of Western Civilization in the Middle-East. When you face Israel, you don't face Israel. You face the West. And nobody claimed to be stronger than West..

Anyways, I don't know where are we going with this one....

You said PPP doesn't matter in international markets...which is true...but PPP does matter for local markets.

In other words, a region with MASSIVE economy (PPP) would be a very lucrative market for international companies..and you would not want to lose that market.

Get it now?

But suppose if OIC becomes integrated, effective global political-economic bloc...then ASEAN would be just a kid infront of such Islamic bloc.

But then again, there isn't going to be any OIC bloc anytime soon. But to say "ASEAN is far stronger than any Islamic bloc can ever hope to be" is nothing but pure brain fart.

What is there to tell? GDPs, trade, exports etc. of Islamic nations are rising...

What I've written is correct. Rome, Ottomans, Ummayids/Abbasids, and Brits etc. were all superpowers of their time.

Islamic World is way more powerful than backwater countries like Philipines, india and so on...

Israel, to spoon feed you, isn't an indigenous nation of the region. It is an "extension" of Western Civilization in the Middle-East. When you face Israel, you don't face Israel. You face the West. And nobody claimed to be stronger than West..

Ah I was going to reply but ceebs.

Get it now?

Islamic world?? where is it... like Pakistan Iraq Nigeria etc

Ah I was going to reply but ceebs.

What would you have replied to? Unless you think that Israel is the indigenous nation of the region and isn't an extension of West.

Other than that, I don't think there is something that could be 'debated'...

Islamic world?? where is it... like Pakistan Iraq Nigeria etc

Yes.

Nigeria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Malaysia etc are part of 'Islamic World' ....

Just like Canada, U.S, U.K etc are part of 'Western world' ...

History has only seen two global civilizations/global worlds in themselves

1-Western World

2-Islamic World

From 7th to around 18th century, one world was dominating/leading the planet (general trend)...

From 18th century to now, other world is dominating/leading the planet (general trend).

I'm pretty sure can guess which option fit the above two statements.

Last edited:
Over 30 Muslim states have threatened Australia with trade sanctions unless it clarifies its position over occupied east Jerushelum which it regards as 'disputed'. EJ is globally regarded as an 'occupied' zone.
East Jerusalem is not disputed. It belongs de facto to Israel. Since 1967. There are several similar instances all over the world. De jure it belongs to one, and de facto to another. Australia's stance is moderate - they maintain it's disputed. Let's see if they are able to stick to it or not. (My guess - they will buckle down under pressure)

But the diplomacy of the Islamic nations is going to be a test for Australia and in a way for the entire non Muslim world. Giving in here may encourage similar bullying tactics in the future.

Not at all a fan of Australia btw.

What would you have replied to? Unless you think that Israel is the indigenous nation of the region and isn't an extension of West.

Other than that, I don't think there is something that could be 'debated'...

Yes.

Nigeria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Malaysia etc are part of 'Islamic World' ....

Just like Canada, U.S, U.K etc are part of 'Western world' ...

History has only seen two global civilizations/global worlds in themselves

1-Western World

2-Islamic World

From 7th to around 18th century, one world was dominating/leading the planet (general trend)...

From 18th century to now, other world is dominating/leading the planet (general trend).

I'm pretty sure can guess which option fit the above two statements.
there is no unity between Islamic states itself... suffering vastly from Islamic jihad organisation. .. Sunni shiya ... KSA IRAN etc ... Afghan turning against Pakistan now a days... This is not 18th century. .. In past centuries situation is total contrast. .

there is no unity between Islamic states itself... suffering vastly from Islamic jihad organisation. .. Sunni shiya ... KSA IRAN etc ... Afghan turning against Pakistan now a days... This is not 18th century. .. In past centuries situation is total contrast. .

I agree.

Doesn't mean that there does exist a world of its own which is 'Islamic World'--with its unique culture and identity transcending borders and conflicts.

Just say that Islamic World of today suck big time.Which is true.

The wording hasn't been changed, it's just been clarified. This will be explained to these countries and business will go on as usual.

It's a media beatup.

There is no Islamic bloc.

The Muslim countries will stab each other in the back to please the whites.
Heck, the Arabs will stab each other in the back to please the whites.

I'm sorry, but what do peoples races have to do with anything in this thread?

Keep your racism to yourself please.

Australia in its own is a resource plentiful country. Why would Australia be afraid of such empty threat???

Sanction what???

Australia is also technology advanced.

I am confused here.

you are absolutely right ! the bedouins are only good at killing and stabbing one another in the back... in the mean time, they will continue to serve the great white master

Seriously, I really dislike this "Islamic bloc" narrative. Today, we live in nation states, not in some religious blocs. If we all follow Muslims' mentality, should we form Christian bloc? Buddhist Bloc? Gee, are we gonna all gang up based on our religion.

Plus, this Islamic block mentality really creates confusion of loyalty among some Muslims. Should they consider Saudi Arabia's national interest as their priority no matter where they live? Should they consider other Islamic country's interest over their home country's interest? If that's the case, then they will be regarded as natural traitors by their fellow citizens in their respective country, which could jeopardize their safety if there is a conflict between a Islamic country and his home country.

Back
Top Bottom