What's new

Islamic Republic Authorities Repatriating Ancient Iranian Artefacts Stolen Under Qajar and Pahlavi Monarchies

SalarHaqq

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
I remember years ago when moshiri was talking about an extremely valuable folio of the Shahnameh from the Safavid era filled with spectacular miniature paintings that garbage pahlavi had a chance to acquire it intact and refused and it was the IRI that finally got it back by trading some ugly european paintings that farah had acquired earlier. Unfortunately several of the Shahnameh paintings had been cut out and sold separately by the time the IRI managed to get it back. The pahlavis were so useless at the most fundamental levels, especially the boy after Peron got done with him every night in the dorms of Lausanne...

ugly european paintings that farah had acquired earlier.
they were not ugly
Woman3.jpg

:disagree: :undecided:

by the way the most important page of it is the the first page which is called the court of Kayumars and it take its painter Sultan Mohammad Tabrizi 3 year to finish it sadly its not in Iran and is in Agha Khan Museum in Toronto
The_Court_of_Gayumars.jpg

Last edited:
honestly some of the pages of this book are in foreign museums and I believe there are no rush in returning them back as they are protected there but there are about - pages that are privately owned and in danger of being harmed or destroyed and culture ministry must do anything possible to return them

they were not ugly
Woman3.jpg

:disagree: :undecided:

by the way the most important page of it is the the first page which is called the court of Kayumars and it take its painter Sultan Mohammad Tabrizi 3 year to finish it sadly its not in Iran and is in Agha Khan Museum in Toronto
The_Court_of_Gayumars.jpg
Thanks for the info..by the way that western painting........is ugly.....what drugs do to human brain when painting..lol..yes I admit I am not into that type of art..

Thanks for the info..by the way that western painting........is ugly.....what drugs do to human brain when painting..lol..yes I admit I am not into that type of art..
well according to Iran Culture ministry , they didn't call it ugly if I'm correct they say because it was distasteful they could not put it on show and it was taking dust in store room .
you knew it seems the painter had some sort of enmity with women when he draw his women series

by the way do you knew that painting in 2015 was sold for135milion dollar

The Getty museum is currently hosting an exhibition of ancient iranian artifacts.
One naturally has to wonder about the provenance of many of these items and just how they were acquired originally.
Its become much harder for museums and other such institutions to continue to try and retain possession of these sorts of artifacts if it is able to be shown that they were looted or stolen,indeed the getty itself had had to return 40 artifacts to italy in the late 2000s

https://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/persia/

I remember years ago when moshiri was talking about an extremely valuable folio of the Shahnameh from the Safavid era

It's known as the Shahnameh of Shah Tahmasp (Tahmasp I of the Safavid dynasty).

For anyone whos interested,heres some info on the traded painting "Woman III"
https://www.willem-de-kooning.org/woman-iii.jsp
and yes,its the 3rd painting in a series of 6,and no they dont get any better as they go along....

To be honest I think it looks like an abstract expressionist portrait of Dolly Parton
hbz-dolly-parton-1989-gettyimages-107283521.jpg

When the painting was originally sold back in 2006 for $137.5 million,it was supposedly the 3rd most expensive painting ever sold. 🤯

Other than technology westerns are no superior than Iranians in any field. Our 5000 years old painting is much more beautiful than 100 years old European painting. Once Europeans lived in dark caves underground we had the greatest Empires, art and technology on the earth.

Nowadays Europeans are slaved by Jewish culture. Today satan-worshipper freemasons rule Europe and the US.

Other than technology westerns are no superior than Iranians in any field. Our 5000 years old painting is much more beautiful than 100 years old European painting. Once Europeans lived in dark caves underground we had the greatest Empires, art and technology on the earth.

Nowadays Europeans are slaved by Jewish culture. Today satan-worshipper freemasons rule Europe and the US.
there are different type of painting , honestly there are many true masters of art in Europe , but sadly in last 100 years or so some junks began to be considered as art

Back
Top Bottom