What's new

Islamic Eschatology - Strategic importance!

you need to listen to other traditional scholars to broaden your horizon and views on the end of times....Imran Hosein is not the last man standing......Shaykh Muhammad Aslam (of Birmingham UK - follow his FB posts), Shaykh Idriss Watts (UK), Shaykh Hamza Yusuf (US) & Shaykh Yaqoubi (Morocco) speak on the subject of End of times.
Actually I did already. I heard Dr Israr Ahmed, End of Times by Dr Shahid and verified most of the references he provided in his program. I listened to other scholars about the akhiruzaman before learning about Sh. Imran Hossain and I find his explanation/interpretation to be the most logical and agreeable for a sane person. No one other than the Sh. provides the wholistic view, though they have bits and piece but that's not scholarly work rather copy paste and read from different hadeeth. Some say it is only symbolic while the rest take it only in the most literal ways. Sh explains all the phases from symbolic to literal and provide appropriate references and instances from the Holy Quran and Hadeeth. His adherence to the holy Quran is the most appealing aspect which others simply lack. In addition, Sh is highly educated in the world affairs with his qualification from the prestigious schools in Geneva and his high profile appointments provided him the knowledge which others simply lack. He is very literate person and reads a lot of books written by experts in other fields regardless of their religious affiliation. So he has a broad knowledge of not only Holy Quran and Hadeeth but also history, economics and current affairs which other run of the mill scholars (the ones you named) qualified from madrassah only can't handle. Comparing these "scholars" to Sh. is akin to what 5th graders is to a PhD Professor.

Last edited:
Salam alayqum,

Here comes the angel of doom and gloom. I am sorry but I am about to p*ss on your fantasy bubble about Pakistan.

Niamatullah Shah Wali has not mentioned Pakistan or even hinted. In fact he wrote China and Iranians will conquer India. Ghazwa e Hind has already happened and it was already conquered and ruled by Muslims. And their leaders were captured and were presented to Khalifa in chains. And this happened in time of Muhammad bin Qasim. Pakistan will play no role in, End Of Time, events. Pakistan will become secularist, Irreligious/UnIslamic, and even worse atheistic society long before that time comes. The few Muslims that will still exist - in this very Pakistan - people of, La ilaha il Allah Muhammadur RasoolAllah, will be hiding like cockroaches and will live in fear of being found out. The Hijab banned in Europe will eventually in few generations will travel to Pakistan and a lot of Islam than would be banned. In near future human rights will include gay/Lesbian parades in Islam-Abad. And eventually Islam would be banned and Quran would be a banned book. Alchahol and pig will be Halal and so will Zina.

Anyone who doesn't see what is coming doesn't know what is happening right now in Pakistan and some how thinks the society will regress toward Islam and reality is it will progress toward secularism. Tomarrows educated future (i.e. younger generation) wants nothing to do with Islam and if they could have their way and if they werent afraid of reprecussions they would openly say who wants to be part of backward religion of Arabs. Todays generations desire, morals, wishes, dress, language is of western world. Now when a slut fights over boyfriend aka ashiq its no longer kameeni-yeh, kanjriyeh, its you b*tch! Its, You f*cking slut. Boys don't want to wear shalwar kameez, instead boys/girls wana wear n*gger jeans, and want to listen to, yo, yo! dawg, rap music. Just look at yourselves, how much of Islam is in you and in people around you? And think about it. If you have little to nothing of Islam/Musalman in you how likely is it that your children and your grandchildren will have Islam in them. How could you even think about being part of Imam Madhi's army and conquering India when the reality is Islam is not in you and unlikely will be in your future generations.

Just look how far the Pakistanis have come from Islam at present. Do you really think the succeeding generations will become better Muslims? And the reason we are bit religious is because our parents and grandparents era was of those people who were sincere Muslims. Your kids, I am afraid, will attend Pakistani colleges and universities, and the education about culture, morals, social values will come from dramas, films, **** films, and other foriegn influences. Your kids will be half way between Muslaman and Kafir when they reach mature age. And their kids will be about 75% Kafir and 25%. Two three generations after, most of the Pakistans would be Kafir and very few Muslims hiding to avoid persecution. The future of Islam/Muslims is very bleak. Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was'sallam) said Islam will crawl back to Madinah like a snake. He also foretold about Quran disapearing, and i believe that will happen because of apps, Quran will no longer be in book format like all books [in future], and then one day United Nation will declare Islam to be uncompatible with modern lifestyle, and they will press a botton and Quran will disappear and Muslims will wake-up to find Quran has gone and so will Islam disapear in a generation or two.

My take is Pakistan army very likely will be amongst those who fight Imam Madhi when his armies march to subcontinent to liberate it and establish rule of Islam over the lands. Pakistani generals and elite of Pakistani army are just as Sharabi, Zaani, as the goray. The fantasy that Imam Mahdi will come and these generals will be, here you go o Imam Mahdi we got drank every night waiting for you. Here you take the rule from us. Do you realy thing the Pakistani leadership will hand over Pakistans rule to Imam Mahdi and Pakistani army will say, hey! you're Imam Madhi we recognise you? Too much fantasy and not enough dose of reality. This is real world and nothing will happen easily. Imam Madhi will have to fight for every inch of land to establish the rule of Islam and make the prophesy of Quran come true. And maybe my descendents and your descendents will be fighting against him thinking he is another mad mullah which keep appearing every where in the world since the Russian invasion of Afghanistan.

If you really want to do something for Islam then first be a Muslim, not be a Muslim born into Muslim family, but be a Muslim as you suppose to be. And educate your children about Islam. Send them to Madaris (of Ahle Sunnat aka Barelwi)[1]; your daughters, your sons, make them patriotic Pakistanis, and if your kids and grand kids, and their kids continue the tradition of educated practicing Muslims then you will stand a chance of being somebody, Allah nay farmaya heh:
"Allah has promised those who have believed and do good deeds that he will surely grant them khilafat like the one granted to those before them." If you fail your duty then Pakistan will be nothing but p*ss pot of Western world just like Pakistan is currently p*ss pot for them now. Will you do anything for yourself and for your future generations and hereafter? No! Nothing! I just wasted my time.

Wama alayna ilal balaghul mubeen
Muhammed Ali Razavi

- [1] And if you send them to Madaris of Wahhabis'/AhleHadith, Deobandis, and Shia's then you just created a enemy of Pakistan. Wahhabis and Deobandis are waiting for Saudi Arabia sponsored and America led Jihad against Pakistan. And they will turn Pakistan into Syria. And if you send to Shia madaris, well then Iran will use them as counter balance against Wahhabis. The only indeginous faction and representative of teaching of Islam (taught in books of Sayyidi Ala Hadhrat Imam Ahmad Raza Khan rahimullah) is Ahle Sunnat aka Barelwi. And this faction is the only faction which truly supported Pakistan. Deobandis and Wahhabis opposed it. And these same people are now doing their best to destroy it, TTP, Jaish e Muhammad, Lashkar e Tayyibah, etc ...

1. I just listened to Shaykh Muhammad Aslam - didn't make a single bit of sense to me. He is more like a story-teller not a scholar I'm afraid (waste of time) https://www.youtube.com/user/theCKacademy
  2. Here is Idrees Watts ...well he is more like an Arabic teacher...not a scholar especially not of Islamic eschatology
  3. Here is the 5 min long video by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf - the only video I found on the topic with title
    .... nothing I didn't know already. The end of times by Dr Shahid is far more informative and comprehensive than Hamza Yusuf's work.
  4. Shaikh Yaqoobi is a great scholar. He studied here in Sweden. Originally from Syria (not Morocco) but due to the political reasons, he went to Morocco and I may even meet him next time I visit Casablanca. But I must say he is not an expert on Eschatology at all

None of them even comes closer to Sh. Imran Hossain by a long shot. Shaykh has more than 480 videos lectures all of them on topic and mostly longer than 1 hr. He covers everything related to Akhiruzzaman. No comparison. Here is the link to his channel on YT
Here are some of his lecture for a sane listener to quench his thirst and whet his appetite

Last edited:
Actually I did already. I heard Dr Israr Ahmed, End of Times by Dr Shahid and verified most of the references he provided in his program. I listened to other scholars about the akhiruzaman before learning about Sh. Imran Hossain and ...

Salam alayqum,

Well the trend/criteria of TRUTH amongst Muslims is that if the Mauvli speaks English, or wears the suite and tie, and doesn't shout or scream but speaks calmly and cracks jokes here and there, then that Maulvi is representing true Islam because these are the signs of true Muslim Maulvi and true Maulvi who has learnt true Islam. And I do beg your forgiveness I don't follow that criteria of truthfulness. Mostly people accept something as truth if it agrees with their TABI'AT and make that into SHARI'AT and bend backwards to make it into SHARI'AT. And insha Allah you will not be one of these. So I am going to advise you as a brother who wants good for you. Please do not get involved into speculative end of time prophesy interpretation especially if it is at the cost of rejecting, Sahih Hadith. Stick with main group of Muslim scholars i.e. majority in all matters of religion. Take their view as valid.

Shaykh Imran Hussain, may Allah reward him for his good efforts and sincere heart, I am afraid completely demolishes the end of time prophesies. The only valuable thing I learnt from him was about ZulQurnains wall being destroyed and its destruction being condition for Jerusalem being Yahoodi city again. Shaykh has garbelled many events rejected Sahih Hadith without any justification to fit into his narrative. The leader of Quranists, submitter sect, Rashid Khalifah purposed number 19 correlation and everything went smooth for Quran until a verse of Quran didn't fit 19 theory. Guess what he did? He said the verse is not part of Quran because it does not fit into number 19. This is what Shaykh is doing rejecting Sahih Ahadith because they don't fit into his theory. The correct methodology is to revise the frame work until all Sahih Hadith fit into your frame work. Even though I dislike Shaykh Hamza but the best speeches I heard on the topic of end of times is from Shaykh Hamza Yusuf. His original speeches on the topic of Dajjal and signs of day of judgment are good.

Shaykh Imran Hussain has gone into too much of speculation. And I am saying this after studying and his to main works, Jerusalem In Quran, View About Yagoog Magoog, and listening to most of his speeches on this topic. I have spent life time[1] studying and vast majority of Muslims have said nothing like which Shaykh Imran Hussain has stated. Prophet said: “Anas bin Malik said: “I heard the Messenger of Allah say: ‘My nation will not unite on misguidance, so if you see them differing, follow the great majority.’” [Ref: Ibn Majah, B36, H3950] Following Hadith states the very same with differing wording:“Abu Dharr (Allah be pleased with him) reported from the Prophet (Peace be upon him) that,"Two are better than one, and three better than two; so stick to the Jama'ah for verily Allah, Most Great and Glorious, will only unite my nation on guidance." [Ref: Musnad Ahmad, Kitab Al-Ansar, Abu Zar Al Ghaffari, Hadith 20776] “It has been narrated on the authority of Ibn 'Abbas that the messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: One who found in his Amir something which he disliked should hold his patience, for one who separated from the main body of the Muslims even to the extent of a handspan and then he died would die the death of one belonging to the days of Jahiliyya.” [Ref: Muslim, B20, H4559] The vast majority of Islamic scholarship has rejected what Shaykh Imran Hussain is purposing. And the main group and the majority is to be followed. Those who wish to follow a lone-wolf you have rejected the main-group of Muslims, the majority of Muslims. Insha Allah, Allah will reward Shaykh Imran Hussain for his Ijtihad because Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi was'sallam) taught Ijtihad of a Mujtahid is to be rewarded even if he gets it wrong. Shaykh is not Mujtahid ofcourse but a Aalim/Mufti (i.e. therefore a minor/lowest level of Mujtahid).

Wama alayna ilal balaghul mubeen.
Muhammed Ali Razavi

- [1] I am 37, and started studying Islam when i was 12, that is 25 years life time in jail sentence terms. And I have gone through the scholars of three sects, I was Barelwi, became Wahhab, then Deobandi, and then Barelwi again. In other words I have experience of three group of scholars and their learning on this and many other topics.

I am sorry if I have offended you. I tried to post links of speeches of Shaykh Hamza Yusuf on the subject but there is restriction. I need to post somet 40 posts before I can post links.
Why?

You said

but why? I listened to him he knows nothing. A normal educated Muslim knows more than him about this subject so you better not waste our time.

You don't even know what bi stands for in bismillah (i.e. clue, three words, bi ism illah) so how can you judge if he knows something or not? Its like a nursery kid saying to Einstein you have no clue about Maths. Kids forgetting their Oqaat. Lets be honest you don't even know Surah Fatihah without looking at the Quran. Expecting you to how to perform Salah would be too much to ask. Kids with little knowledge behave like you cause they want to prove they know something. So sit down, dude, and manage your testosterone levels via cold showers.

Last edited:
You don't even know what bi stands for in bismillah (i.e. clue, three words, bi ism illah) so how can you judge if he knows something or not? Its like a nursery kid saying to Einstein you have no clue about Maths. Kids forgetting their Oqaat. Lets be honest you don't even know Surah Fatihah without looking at the Quran. Expecting you to how to perform Salah would be too much to ask. Kids with little knowledge behave like you cause they want to prove they know something. So sit down, dude, and manage your testosterone levels via cold showers.

Reported for personal attack and false claim
@waz @Hyperion please take care of this sekrut Yakhni

Reported for personal attack and false claim
@waz @Hyperion please take care of this sekrut Yakhni

lol! File case against me in Pakistan's supreme court. lol! I would love it, if the ADMIN/MOD team wants evidence to establish if claim of 'false claim' is warranted. I ask the ADMIN/MOD team to verify if the 'false claim' claim against me is true or not. Insaaf demands that you judge the case farely and with evidence. After all you're judging a dispute. And evidence has to be presented by both sides before you judge the case.

What I purpose is, MR above, blinds folds himself, records himself reciting Surah Fatihah, on his mobile, uploads the video clip on youtube. If he correctly recites it while blind folded his 'false claim' claim will be valid against me. Shaykh Ul Islam, Mujadid e Azam, Allamah War&Peace rahimullah alayhi ta'ala, please provide proof for your claim. And I am about to report you too for calling me Sekrut Yakhni, thats against the rules too.

@war&peace
i have listened to shiekh imran, shiekh hamza yusuf, dr. israr, and dr shahhid masood about the end times and found out that all of them make mistakes at some points(as they all are humans). the programme of dr shahid moasood was more like a compilation of hadiths without their interpretation. he tried to encompass so many things in little and wasted much time in history rather then the end times events.
dr israr was a knowledgeable person but he was not into eschatology only. according to him two major dajjals will appear in the end times( 30 in total as per hadith) one will call him nabi Esa and other one will claim to be god. majority of the scholars take massih dajjal as the dajjal who will claim to be god.
some of the lectures of shiekh hamza yusuf about the present time are really good but about his end times lectures( although i haven't listened to him a lot) are narration of compilation of hadiths .
shiekh imran is the best person in this field as eschatology is his specialty .i have been listening to him for past 3-4 years now. his lectures about gog and magog and dajjal are simply great and he speaks with logic and connects the dots but he tries to ignore those hadiths which do not fit into his theory. e.g. the war of "rum" under 80 flags with muslims at the end times. he talked about it in one of his latest lectures but didn't make much sense. some of his comments from which i disagree are as follows:
1. islam doesnt have the ambition to rule the world
2. putin is today's zulqarnain.
3. muslims should join russian army
4.all ottomans were cruel and all eastern orthodox christians were angels who never did an act of "zulm". in order to make an alliance between the muslims and eastern orthodox christians he tries to call all muslims as cruel and all others as innocent. in one of his relatively new interview with saker i found saker to be a man who has the guts to speak his mind. he openly said that there are differences between muslims and christians and also called ottomans as offenders. it seems shiekh imran also doesnt know the conditions under which "offensive jihad" can be launched by muslims.
5. shiekh imran is against the creation of pak and called jinnah as agent of the west. he also says that pak is a fruit of dajjal's strategy. he cant understand a simple fact that today pak is a failed state not because of those who created this state but because of those who run this state. islam is the best religion and today muslims are in the worst mess. is this the fault of the Prophet and his companions or muslims of today? in one of his lectures he said that muslims should have said sorry to hindus and handed over the govt to hindus and lived under them. what? is he crazy? cant he see the condition of muslims today in india and kashmir? is he blind? sometimes he talks as if he cant even see with external eyes.
6. he says the only holy place in jerusalem and not makkah which is false as per my understanding of Quran.

shiekh imran is the best person in this field as eschatology is his specialty .i have been listening to him for past 3-4 years now. his lectures about gog and magog and dajjal are simply great and he speaks with logic and connects the dots but he tries to ignore those hadiths which do not fit into his theory. e.g. the war of "rum" under 80 flags with muslims at the end times. he talked about it in one of his latest lectures but didn't make much sense.
Shaikh tries his best MashaAllah he has great knowledge but of course, not a single human being can have all the knowledge and wisdom except Holy Prophet (peace be upon him). But what I like about him is the fact that he always says that it is not mandatory for you to agree with him. If it does not make sense, you can disagree with open heart but in a respectful way. He never wears boxing gloves. As for as your points are
  1. hmm I think it is not so simple and need elaboration since I have been listening to his lecture and I cannot conclude this from what I have listened so far
  2. He likes Russia and Putin but he never said that. Please share the reference. But i can tell you that he cannot possibly say that because he has great understanding of Zulqarnain and according to him, it is the person who affects two different times epochs, eons. And Putin does not fulfil this criteria set by Sh. himself
  3. You got this one also wrong rather he said Muslim countries should make an alliance with Russia but again you didn't share any reference...that's the problem with you guys that you interpret wrongly and post without any reference.
  4. This point needs further deliberation. I'm also not in full agreement with Sh. over this but I admit that I have much less knowledge than him and when I finished studying the history, it may change my POV
  5. That's a wrong conclusion on your part, furthermore he did not say anything against Quaid-e-Azam ( if you disagree please provide the reference). However, he says that Allama Iqbal misinterpreted a few things and he accepted the republic as an alternative for khilafa and according to him republic is against the concept of state in Islam and also goes against the Oneness and Absolute authority of Allah as republic means people can make any law that may or may not be in conformance with the Quran and authentic hadeeth and that makes sense. I actually wanted to discuss this point with him in Geneva but didn't get the opportunity.
  6. That's absolutely false. He never said that and usual you didn't include any reference. Provide the ref.
All of your points are without any reference and I see glaring omissions in your interpretations mate. You need to listen his lectures again and if available switch on the Urdu captions because I feel much has been lost in the translation.

Last edited:
Shaikh tries his best MashaAllah he has great knowledge but of course, not a single human being can have all the knowledge and wisdom except Holy Prophet (peace be upon him). But what I like about him is the fact that he always says that it is not mandatory for you to agree with him. If it does not make sense, you can disagree with open heart but in a respectful way. He never wears boxing gloves. As for as your points are
  1. hmm I think it is not so simple and need elaboration since I have been listening to his lecture and I cannot conclude this from what I have listened so far
  2. He likes Russia and Putin but he never said that. Please share the reference. But i can tell you that he cannot possibly say that because he has great understanding of Zulqarnain and according to him, it is the person who affects two different times epochs, eons. And Putin does not fulfil this criteria set by Sh. himself
  3. You got this one also wrong rather he said Muslim countries should make an alliance with Russia but again you didn't share any reference...that's the problem with you guys that you interpret wrongly and post without any reference.
  4. This point needs further deliberation. I'm also not in full agreement with Sh. over this but I admit that I have much less knowledge than him and when I finished studying the history, it may change my POV
  5. That's a wrong conclusion on your part, furthermore he did not say anything against Quaid-e-Azam ( if you disagree please provide the reference). However, he says that Allama Iqbal misinterpreted a few things and he accepted the republic as an alternative for khilafa and according to him republic is against the concept of state in Islam and also goes against the Oneness and Absolute authority of Allah as republic means people can make any law that may or may not be in conformance with the Quran and authentic hadeeth and that makes sense. I actually wanted to discuss this point with him in Geneva but didn't get the opportunity.
  6. That's absolutely false. He never said that and usual you didn't include any reference. Provide the ref.
All of your points are without any reference and I see glaring omissions in your interpretations mate. You need to listen his lectures again and if available switch on the Urdu captions because I feel much has been lost in the translation.
i have got more then 30 of his lectures in my PC and i have to listen to them again in order to give you reference that at what point he said so. secondly i regularly hear him on youtube. these are the points i raised on some of his youtube videos upon which he was commenting as well. i do not want you to agree with the objections which i have raised but i am sure that he passed these remarks which i have mentioned at many places. next time while listening to his speeches i will give you reference when he makes these "mistakes".

Back
Top Bottom