What's new

Islamabad, the 2nd most beautiful capital

Lolz...... i haven't focused on the capital part... :suicide2:
No problem no harm done! Thinking about going to Istanbul (maybe this year or next) or something need to get my hands on this Turkish friend :angel:

Just look at the mirror, you would know! [/flirting]
Do I look like a city? :cray:

*flirting back fired* :flame:

Beauty is a generic word! You know it when you see it! :P
I see Islamabad beautiful much better than Rome...Though I like shopping in Rome and after 5 days there I think I saw too much of it :sick:

It definitely looks great on pictures.
Been to both cities which I am comparing...Hence the comparison...

Rome looks lovely if you are a tourist for say 3 days...Lots to see...Love the historical sites and how everything is nearby you can use the metro and almost everything is on the 2 lines...

However, the average streets are congested like hell....the alleys are miserably tight and bus drivers are no different from the rickshaw drivers of Pakistan :blink:

I went there to shop during the sale season so it was nice and fine with all the sales :D

I was told all sorts of things which you would be told about an overpopulated city...like watch out for pick pockets, dont walk alone at night, dont be near the central station during peak hours or at night and stuff like that....Then again I was warned by "a Pakistani uncle" though the locals also told me the same :D

Last edited:
@jaunty
Here are some pix of Rome I took:
Colosseum

Phone_1519.jpg

I forgot the name of this arch it was near the Roman Forum

Phone_1368.jpg

This was some Basilica or something:

Phone_1353.jpg

I think this was taken in Piazza di Spagna

Phone_1466.jpg

Trevi fountain:

Phone_1500.jpg

Part of the Palatine hills

Phone_1576.jpg

Some thing at the roman forum I think part of some emperor's home or something:
Phone_1588.jpg

Roman forum:

Phone_1597.jpg

Last edited:
From the roman forum ...this was an old Roman temple but as you can see the cross above it...Our tour guide told us that when Christianity came to Rome, it broke most if not all the temples or converted them to churches! I was really disappointed as I wanted to see some really history ...like a real temple still standing with a goddess statue or something....some were sealed (archaeological purpose) others were broken debris, which looked in good shape had a cross on them :undecided:

Phone_1619.jpg

Another temple (rather a small one) of another goddess...
Phone_1620.jpg

A picture taken of some side of the city from the Roman forum :
Phone_1607.jpg

An image of the Roman forum:

Phone_1622.jpg

Vatican museum entrance:

Phone_1394.jpg

Vatican gardens:

Phone_1395.jpg

Inside the vatican museum...I think this was a statue of Julius cease
Phone_1388.jpg

sinister chapel at Vatican:
Phone_1438.jpg

Last edited:
Islamabad is a planned city and Delhi is not. Apples and Oranges. You can compare Delhi to a city like Karachi. But in all fairness Karachi is way better than Delhi. Never again will I be driving in Delhi. I thought Karachi was torturous. After my trip to Dhaka and other unplanned cities I was thankful for what I had.

@Talon Nice pictures

the last time u told me that u always get a 'cultural shock' is the post u wrote this as well.
:rofl: I do everytime I go to Pakistan....and that everytime is 1-2 yrs....

First I got "cultural shock" because of all the aunties telling me what to wear or not or I am wearing old fashioned stuff (no one tells me that stuff where I grew up...If anyone does I just say we havent been to Pak why dont you get me something)

Then I got cultural shock because I was wearing long kameez and suddenly the fashion was for really short ones looking like tee.shirts

Then for tight looking shalwar which would put jeans to shame

Then for the sudden change and crave of Al Huda school...everyone in my family suddenly got burqa or something similar....only lasted less than 1-2 years...the next time I went no one even had a dupatta ...shawl was too much to for..

Then there was the behaviour and attitude changes from people bugging into my business: why is she studying soo much when she will end up in the kitchen :blink: to not bothering about my siblings and me saying we are too much educated to get married...

Stuff like that...Seriously mood swings of extreme ends and fashion tastes that are heads or tails...I grew up very moderate never swinging in extreme ends so these things small for a common Pakistani was like WTH situation for me!

Islamabad is a planned city and Delhi is not. Apples and Oranges. You can compare Delhi to a city like Karachi. But in all fairness Karachi is way better than Delhi. Never again will I be driving in Delhi. I thought Karachi was torturous. After my trip to Dhaka and other unplanned cities I was thankful for what I had.

@Talon Nice pictures
What exactly are you trying to do here...everyone has their preferances....I never brought in Delhi...I am not sure why you keep picking it up?!

The thing about the list is personal opinion...That is all stats and polls always say...personal opinion, the truth can be far from the polls but Indians love numbers, they always ask for stuff like this so whats the problem? :pop:

What exactly are you trying to do here...everyone has their preferances....I never brought in Delhi...I am not sure why you keep picking it up?!

The thing about the list is personal opinion...That is all stats and polls always say...personal opinion, the truth can be far from the polls but Indians love numbers, they always ask for stuff like this so whats the problem? :pop:

The problem seems to be more in the realm of your comprehension skills. My post wasn't in reply to anything you said. Only thing referenced to you were the pictures you posted, which were breathtaking.

The problem seems to be more in the realm of your comprehension skills. My post wasn't in reply to anything you said. Only thing referenced to you were the pictures you posted, which were breathtaking.
Ahh...I see..ok

Its not always about comprehension skills sometimes it makes more sense if you just give more space in between 2 separate posts....I wish it could equal to 2 posts instead of merging everything in one!

Back
Top Bottom