What's new

Islam and slavery: The persistence of history

What rights were given by Saladin to these women. Did they have the right to choose their husbands ? Did the women have the right to not get married ? Did they have the right to walk free and regain their liberty ? What "Rights" were these enslaved women given ?

Well it wasn't exactly Manhattan, NYC, 2015. You couldn't expect better than what they received. Women even now rarely have a say in choosing hubby in ME.

Distributed among "managers" against their will and you are talking about rights?

Imagine the time and the place. They were prisoners, don't forget that.

Well it wasn't exactly Manhattan, NYC, 2015. You couldn't expect better than what they received. Women even now rarely have a say in choosing hubby in ME.

So of course it is slavery.

OK, to cut out all the BS, they were in Bondage, i.e. Slaves in servitude.

Arab slave trade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i could be wrong but a few times I have read about the Crusades when the Muslims one they enslaved the woman and children and killed the men. even the Great Saladin enslaved the woman and children

slavery isn't just a white thing. slavery has probably existed for over 100,000 years or more. even blacks enslaved other blacks and then sold them to whites to be sold in the New World

even Jews got in the mix of the slave trade
Jewish Involvement In Black Slave Trade To The Americas

What is never talked about is how blacks enslaved and then sold blacks into the rest of the slave markets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom