What's new

Islam and science

And it is We Who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We Who are steadily expanding it.
(Qur'an, 51:47)

Quran talking about the expension of the universe 1400 years ago.

Do you not see how He created seven heavens in layers, and placed the moon as a light in them and made the sun a blazing lamp?

(Qur'an, 71:15-16)

Quran talking about the moon as being the reflecter of the light given from the sun and the sun being the one that is always burning. It's in the book i gave the link to

Very commendable indeed. Alas, most mullahs dont share your views. Religious lobby hasn't todate quite forgiven Sir Syed Ahmad Khan for educating the subcontinent muslims. In Pakistan, more backward the area, more devout the muslims.

In the NWFP, hundreds of devout muslims were willing to swear that they had sighted the Eid crescent on Sunday which was scientifically impossible. Hope some members of this august forum can contribute solid arguments in favour of Islam favouring scientific advancement.

We have seen that in Taliban Afghanistan;supposedly a very pious Islamic State, radio and TV was banned. Suppose there is a complication a child birth, woman cant find a female doctor ( women are forbidden to go to school, so how can there be women doctors?) and cant see a male doctor because it is against Isalm, thus no option but to suffer and die. This was an extremely bad fortaste of any future Islamic theocratic state and opposite view to what you are trying to illustrate in this thread.

Great topic Thunder!
Looking forward to your findings.

Very commendable indeed. Alas, most mullahs dont share your views. Religious lobby hasn't todate quite forgiven Sir Syed Ahmad Khan for educating the subcontinent muslims. In Pakistan, more backward the area, more devout the muslims.

In the NWFP, hundreds of devout muslims were willing to swear that they had sighted the Eid crescent on Sunday which was scientifically impossible. Hope some members of this august forum can contribute solid arguments in favour of Islam favouring scientific advancement.

We have seen that in Taliban Afghanistan;supposedly a very pious Islamic State, radio and TV was banned. Suppose there is a complication a child birth, woman cant find a female doctor ( women are forbidden to go to school, so how can there be women doctors?) and cant see a male doctor because it is against Isalm, thus no option but to suffer and die. This was an extremely bad fortaste of any future Islamic theocratic state and opposite view to what you are trying to illustrate in this thread.

Agreed bro, agreed. In our countries if a women does'nt wear a hijib, our mullahs go balistaic, yet they don't deal with much much more serious issues concerning islam. We need to educate not only students but the whole population all over again through the media, books, newspapers and ofcourse schools. In order to the sucessfull, knowledge is important. Even the blind can that how devloped these western countries are compared to us. Why, cause these countries dicided to educate their people and formed allianence systems to make themselves strong. And then here we have our leaders buying more f-solas, we don't have anysort of allainence system we can actully depond on. OIC is nothing but a big joke we all know that.

So maybe our mullahs( the extermists ones anywho) need to get rid of that "anti-american" feelings and maybe we should learn something from them.

I think to be a progressive society you need to create a layer that I feel is missing in large parts of Pakistan.

And that is a middle class. In the tribal areas there tends to be either very rich leaders and the very poor. In order to keep their power the leaders have a vested interest in keeping the poor **** and pliable.

Thus lies the problem.......religion is being used by these vested interests as a means of control. I remember what i was told by a family friend back in the 80's during a visit to Pakistan. How the war against the Russians was a religious thing. I later found out that this was a manipulation by the US administration to create a Russian "Vietnam" Ironically it jhas come back and bitten thm in the ***:disagree:

Anyway education is the key here........

^
^
Exectly, when the taliben was fighting the USSR, the US called the mujhadeens, they called them freedomfighters of islam, jihidis, the CIA trained them, US gave the their advanced weaponery and money. Now that the same people US used to call freedom fighters, are now being called terrorists by the same people.

Great topic Thunder!
Looking forward to your findings.

:)
I am not sure how many of you guys have heard of this scholar called Dr.Zakir Naik. He is a convert from hinduism(yes he is indian, but one of those good ones :D ). Anywho he is a very respected islamic scholar and this is his work. Some FAQ's about islam

I highly suggest that you all read that FAQ site i gave above, it has very very detailed asnwers proven form the versus of Quran and today's science, it also has answers about the hijib and other things such as the bible and Quran. Must read i would say :coffee:

I like most of what he has to say, used to watch his shows a lot long back. He'd invite all Indians. Some Hindus would try and diss muslims but he had a reply for everyone.

Do you not see how He created seven heavens in layers, and placed the moon as a light in them and made the sun a blazing lamp?

(Qur'an, 71:15-16)

Quran talking about the moon as being the reflecter of the light given from the sun and the sun being the one that is always burning. It's in the book i gave the link to

Sorry for my ignorance, but when did the humans discovered that it was actually the sun that provided light through the moon?

Back
Top Bottom