What's new

Islam and Democracy in Indonesia : Tolerance without Liberalism

The ability to satisfy our demestic market is already a feat and big contribution for the world. Our production engine serve at least 250 million people.

Indonesia have Pancasila, and we integrate democracy with our state philisophy. That's fit for Indonesia, and fit with Islam.

Allowing your daughter to sleep with multiple boys before her marriage is the actual primitive act.

Caning a single girl isn't actually painful, but this allows the honor of millions of other girls are preserved.

You won't understand it.....
the title is tolerance. understand the meaning and come back to discuss!

Tolerance is not ignorance nor apathetic. Tolerance have it's own corners and boundaries. Knowing this boundaries, can preserve, grow and nourish the whole concept of tolerance in the societies.

Yes...one punishment that prevents thousands of abortions, sexual harassment and rape cases. Islam highly values the honor of women and the western media just focuses on what's visible. Imagine how many thousands of women who are saved from permanent emotional scars due to harassment and they can lead a happy life. That's beyond tolerance.

While in western countries, millions of women are molested each year, yet there's nothing they can do about it.

tolerance what? the most intolerance people is you, who can't acknowledge if Acehnese is implement Sharia on their own and force your ideal here and there

@Viet
Why not try to imposed democracy to vietnam, i would love to see the vietnam govt and vcp react to that

all economic powers have one thing in common: they produce for the world markets, hence having huge trade figure in export and import. you can name them: America, China, Japan, S Korea, Taiwan, Germany, etc.. all have money to invest overseas, making deals every day.

seems you are the exception. you produce nothing for others, hence import very little if comparing to your GDP. or is your GDP faked to sasisfy your ego? you invest virtually nothing oversea. you do little for others, but constant bragging asean leader. I assume if your country disappears tomorrow, nobody notices.

or do you believe to your islam teaching Germany with huge trade figures is a poor country, with little domestic consumption?

don´t insult democracy if you don´t have any clue about it!

what Vietnamese know about Democracy? are your home country have free press? are your country have good governance system? are your country leader can be elected by the mass of people? You as Vietnamese here talking about democracy against us Indonesian who implemented democracy with struggle and being at the points of bullets in the past is not even a good jokes.

True...Indonesians have shed their blood to preserve democracy. We will continue to do so when democracy is threatened once again. Having the ability to criticize even the top leader of the country....Well, I'm sure many Vietnamese can't even dream of having that privilege.

Viet is currently living abroad because he/she had experienced first hand (maybe) about how democracy works in Vietnam. Vietnam had tolerated their kind in the past, and let them to flee and live to tell how great vietnam in the future. That's how he/she understand tolerance.

Last edited:
True...Indonesians have shed their blood to preserve democracy. We will continue to do so when democracy is threatened once again. Having the ability to criticize even the top leader of the country....Well, I'm sure many Vietnamese can't even dream of having that privilege.
I am curious. Will Indonesians shed blood to preserve democracy against the onslaught from Islamic fundamentalists?

I am curious. Will Indonesians shed blood to preserve democracy against the onslaught from Islamic fundamentalists?

history had proving that, in 1950 we are fighting against DI/TII rebellion who want to implement Sharia as country foundation

Do you know about DI/TII rebellion? I guess you don't....

In fact major muslims organizations, like NU and Muhammadiyah are the preservers of democracy in Indonesia.

We already do that in the past, read about indonesian modern history

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom