What's new

ISI involved in 26/11, chief Pasha told CIA shortly after attacks: Book

Btw, it doesn't matter if this is in a book and is being said by a big name. Since that big name is not an authority on this subject of matter (and indeed this is one subject on which there can be no authority -- it's not like physics or chemistry), they have to provide evidence supporting their claim.

Again, doesn't matter if they're a big name - it doesn't make them an authority on this subject matter. And unless you're an authority, you have to support your claims with evidence.

Last edited:
Btw, it doesn't matter if this is in a book and is being said by a big name. Since that big name is not an authority on this subject of matter (and indeed this is one subject on which there can be no authority -- it's not like physics or chemistry), they have no provide evidence supporting their claim. Again, doesn't matter if they're a big name - it doesn't make them an authority on this subject matter. And unless you're an authority, you have to support your claims with evidence.

Ok, so why do you read newspapers? Sports are not reported by sportsmen, they are reported by sports journalists. Obama administration has not denied or condemned this book.

Yeah... Big Name matters, esp. when it comes to Journalism.

Ok, so why do you read newspapers? Sports are not reported by sportsmen, they are reported by sports journalists. Obama administration has not denied or condemned this book.

Yeah... Big Name matters, esp. when it comes to Journalism.

Irrelevant. If you want to read this for entertainment, sure, but if you're going to make such accusations, you need evidence, particularly on these kinds of subject matter on which you're not an authority.

Btw, it doesn't matter if this is in a book and is being said by a big name. Since that big name is not an authority on this subject of matter (and indeed this is one subject on which there can be no authority -- it's not like physics or chemistry), they have to provide evidence supporting their claim.

Again, doesn't matter if they're a big name - it doesn't make them an authority on this subject matter. And unless you're an authority, you have to support your claims with evidence.

I hope you apply this logic to yourself. You are the one who often comes up with things without any evidence. All you say is someone from ISI has told you and because of XYZ reasons you cannot disclose the evidence.

I hope you apply this logic to yourself. You are the one who often comes up with things without any evidence. All you say is someone from ISI has told you and because of XYZ reasons you cannot disclose the evidence.

Fair enough. The small difference is that I have stopped blaming India for a while now because it's understandable for someone to deny Indian involvement.

I know the same won't happen from the other side though. The only problem is that despite what you said about, you won't apply this logic to yourself and neither will Indians. They talk a lot about being logical and rational and the importance of proof, but that talk is lost when Pakistan is accused.

Irrelevant. If you want to read this for entertainment, sure, but if you're going to make such accusations, you need evidence, particularly on these kinds of subject matter on which you're not an authority.

What evidence? This is a reporting on purported conversations.The only evidence or lack therof can be provided by people involved in that conversation. Not a likely occurrence in such cases. That is when the person reporting such conversations becomes important. These claims get credibility(ok, not in your opinion) because Bob Woodward makes them. Notice that there are no denials from the Obama administration or more specifically the U.S. officials he quotes & bases his statements on. Even Bush administration officials have not denied anything that was reported.Kind of difficult to achieve such bipartisan consensus, don't you think?

In the end, you will believe what you want to, a large portion of the rest of the world will believe something else.

Btw, is there any source on this other than ToI?

Anyway, as far as credibility is concerned, only claims of those who have an authority over the matter can be considered credible. This is one matter where you cannot have any authority. Doesn't matter how famous he is, etc. If you're trying to show that he might affect the perceptions, then sure, but Indians in other cases talk all about trying to get to the bottom of the truth. Hence the double standard is absurd.

Now if you're saying that it is impossible to verify this, then that's the end of the story. Nothing to discuss, then.

Well, here goes his credibility that Indians were talking about.

FRONTLINE: news war: interviews: bob woodward | PBS

Woodward believed the Bush Administration's claims of Iraqi WMDs prior to the war. During an appearance on Larry King Live, he was asked by a telephone caller "Suppose we go to war and go into Iraq and there are no weapons of mass destruction," Woodward responded "I think the chance of that happening is about zero. There's just too much there."

Woodward has been accused of exaggeration and fabrication, most notably regarding "Deep Throat", his famous Watergate informant. Even since W. Mark Felt was announced as the true identity behind Deep Throat, John Dean[20] and Ed Gray,[21] in separate publications, have used Woodward's book All The President's Men and his published notes on his meetings with Deep Throat to show that Deep Throat could not have been only Mark Felt. They argued that Deep Throat was a fictional composite made up of several Woodward sources, only one of whom was Felt. Gray, in his book In Nixon's Web, even goes so far as to publish an e-mail and telephone exchange he had with Donald Santarelli, a Washington lawyer who was a justice department official during Watergate, in which Santarelli confirmed to Gray that he was the source behind statements Woodward recorded in notes he has attributed to Deep Throat.

J. Bradford DeLong has noticed strong inconsistencies between the accounts of the making of Clinton economic policy described both in Woodward's book Maestro and his book The Agenda
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Woodward#Criticisms_of_content

Btw, the wikipedia links are cited. First one cannot be denied in anyway.

Looks like he is not taken too seriously in American after all.

Btw, how is this any different to other cases of unknown sources being used as evidence, which indians brush aside as loony conspiracy theories? Or do they only accept sources (and hence the loony conspiracy theories generated by those sources) that are against Pakistan?

In my one of previous post i asked to Indian friends a simple question

Quote "I would appreciate if you could provide latest updates about the Col. Purohit and for what crimes he was accused?"

But to my surprise that the above question was not been answered by any of our Indian friend, below i am attaching an article from expressindian just to refresh their memories if they have forgot of which Col.Purohit i was asking.

LINK OF THE BELOW MENTION ARTICLEPurohit supplied RDX for Samjhauta bomb: ATS - Express India

Nashik , New Delhi November 15 The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) suspects that Lt Col Prasad Purohit supplied the RDX that was used in the Samjhauta Express blast on February 18, 2007 that killed 68 passengers. The ATS suspects Purohit supplied the explosive to a person named ‘Bhagwan’ who is believed to be a link in the bomb blasts.
Seeking an extension of police custody of Purohit, Special Prosecutor for Maharashtra ATS Ajay Misar told a Nashik court that a witness in the Malegaon blast case told the agency that Purohit had claimed he had 60 kg of RDX in his possession which he had got from J&K. Misar said: “When Purohit was stationed at the Deolali army camp, he had gone to Jammu and Kashmir on official work and is believed to have got 60 kg of RDX and a part of it was given to this link ‘Bhagwan’, who used it in the Samjhauta train blast. The ATS is probing his involvement.”
“Purohit handed over the RDX to Bhagwan who is suspected to be in hiding in the garb of a godman. So Bhagwan is a key link and we hope to learn about his whereabouts and antecedents in the three-day remand given,” Misar told The Indian Express. The ATS also said that Purohit—along with Pragya Thakur and Dayanand Pandey—is suspected to have played a key role not only in the Malegaon blast of September 29 but in other blasts as well.
The witness, whose statement had been recorded, had said that Purohit showed him two small brown bags containing RDX, which he said he had recovered from J&K, Misar added.
However, Purohit in his statement to the ATS said that he had thrown the 60 kg of RDX into the Jhelum river instead of depositing it in the army depot.
The ATS is also probing the role of a Nashik-based builder who was paid Rs 2.5 lakh by Ajay Rahirkar at the behest of Purohit. The police have already said that funds amounting to lakhs were routed to Rahirkar through hawala channels. Rahirkar, in turn, transferred part of it to Pandey and Purohit’s accounts.
The Haryana police probing the Samjhauta blast (which happened in Panipat in Haryana) are now counting on finding new clues when they get to question Mahant Amritanand alias Dayanand Pandey on Sunday.
The Samjhauta probe trail had reached a dead-end in Indore, but the initial line of investigations was very SIMI-centric as several SIMI leaders including Safdar Nagori came from that area.
Madhya Pradesh police officials involved in the probe last year said that when a SIMI connection failed to emerge, suggestions were made to examine the possible involvement of Hindu right wing groups, but it was not taken up then. Haryana police confirmed the SIMI angle was ruled out after investigations.[/B
]
A mix of high- and low-intensity explosives was used in the blast on the Indo-Pak friendship train which killed 68 — 42 of them Pakistanis. While a larger quantity of Potassium Chlorate and Sulphur were used to create the bomb, minor quantities of RDX were also found in the bomb, Dr. R K Koshal, ballistic expert from Haryana’s Forensic Science Laboratory confirmed. The use of RDX in ‘traces’ was also seen in explosives used in Mecca Masjid blast in Hyderabad in May 2007 and also in the Malegaon blast. “There was RDX in traces in the suitcase bomb on the Samjhauta Express and that much was enough for the blast mechanism,” said Kaushal.
ADG Haryana V N Rai who is heading the Samjhauta blast probe, however, said that there is still no major breakthrough in the investigation.”We are closely monitoring the situation and are in touch with Mumbai ATS. Our probe status still stands at Indore”, Rai said.
The bombers had purchased the suitcases from Indore’s Kothari market. Investigations had found that the ‘Kodak’ brand suitcases used in the explosion on the train were purchased from the Abhinandan Bag Centre in Kothari Market while a tailor who sat opposite the bag centre stitched the suitcase covers. That apart, the pipe-bomb shells, Super Saurabh plastic boxes in which the IED was packed were also bought from the same area. Two of the accused in the Malegaon blasts are from Indore.

Dear Indian friends i am still looking forward to have the latest updates about Col. Purohit.

Last edited:
In my one of previous post i asked to Indian friends a simple question

Quote "I would appreciate if you could provide latest updates about the Col. Purohit and for what crimes he was accused?"

But to my surprise that the above question was not been answered by any of our Indian friend, below i am attaching an article from expressindian just to refresh their memories if they have forgot of which Col.Purohit i was asking.

LINK OF THE BELOW MENTION ARTICLEPurohit supplied RDX for Samjhauta bomb: ATS - Express India

Nashik , New Delhi November 15 The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) suspects that Lt Col Prasad Purohit supplied the RDX that was used in the Samjhauta Express blast on February 18, 2007 that killed 68 passengers. The ATS suspects Purohit supplied the explosive to a person named ‘Bhagwan’ who is believed to be a link in the bomb blasts.
Seeking an extension of police custody of Purohit, Special Prosecutor for Maharashtra ATS Ajay Misar told a Nashik court that a witness in the Malegaon blast case told the agency that Purohit had claimed he had 60 kg of RDX in his possession which he had got from J&K. Misar said: “When Purohit was stationed at the Deolali army camp, he had gone to Jammu and Kashmir on official work and is believed to have got 60 kg of RDX and a part of it was given to this link ‘Bhagwan’, who used it in the Samjhauta train blast. The ATS is probing his involvement.”
“Purohit handed over the RDX to Bhagwan who is suspected to be in hiding in the garb of a godman. So Bhagwan is a key link and we hope to learn about his whereabouts and antecedents in the three-day remand given,” Misar told The Indian Express. The ATS also said that Purohit—along with Pragya Thakur and Dayanand Pandey—is suspected to have played a key role not only in the Malegaon blast of September 29 but in other blasts as well.
The witness, whose statement had been recorded, had said that Purohit showed him two small brown bags containing RDX, which he said he had recovered from J&K, Misar added.
However, Purohit in his statement to the ATS said that he had thrown the 60 kg of RDX into the Jhelum river instead of depositing it in the army depot.
The ATS is also probing the role of a Nashik-based builder who was paid Rs 2.5 lakh by Ajay Rahirkar at the behest of Purohit. The police have already said that funds amounting to lakhs were routed to Rahirkar through hawala channels. Rahirkar, in turn, transferred part of it to Pandey and Purohit’s accounts.
The Haryana police probing the Samjhauta blast (which happened in Panipat in Haryana) are now counting on finding new clues when they get to question Mahant Amritanand alias Dayanand Pandey on Sunday.
The Samjhauta probe trail had reached a dead-end in Indore, but the initial line of investigations was very SIMI-centric as several SIMI leaders including Safdar Nagori came from that area.
Madhya Pradesh police officials involved in the probe last year said that when a SIMI connection failed to emerge, suggestions were made to examine the possible involvement of Hindu right wing groups, but it was not taken up then. Haryana police confirmed the SIMI angle was ruled out after investigations.[/B
]
A mix of high- and low-intensity explosives was used in the blast on the Indo-Pak friendship train which killed 68 — 42 of them Pakistanis. While a larger quantity of Potassium Chlorate and Sulphur were used to create the bomb, minor quantities of RDX were also found in the bomb, Dr. R K Koshal, ballistic expert from Haryana’s Forensic Science Laboratory confirmed. The use of RDX in ‘traces’ was also seen in explosives used in Mecca Masjid blast in Hyderabad in May 2007 and also in the Malegaon blast. “There was RDX in traces in the suitcase bomb on the Samjhauta Express and that much was enough for the blast mechanism,” said Kaushal.
ADG Haryana V N Rai who is heading the Samjhauta blast probe, however, said that there is still no major breakthrough in the investigation.”We are closely monitoring the situation and are in touch with Mumbai ATS. Our probe status still stands at Indore”, Rai said.
The bombers had purchased the suitcases from Indore’s Kothari market. Investigations had found that the ‘Kodak’ brand suitcases used in the explosion on the train were purchased from the Abhinandan Bag Centre in Kothari Market while a tailor who sat opposite the bag centre stitched the suitcase covers. That apart, the pipe-bomb shells, Super Saurabh plastic boxes in which the IED was packed were also bought from the same area. Two of the accused in the Malegaon blasts are from Indore.

Dear Indian friends i am still looking forward to have the latest updates about Col. Purohit.

He is under police remand and case against him is going on in court, just like Ajmal Kasab. A terrorist is a terrorist, we dont try to save them by ranting non-state actor bs.

He is quoting sources with their names, over 100 people in the administration and related parts of state department, pentagon, CIA.

If you need to confirm, you have their names and go ahead ask them. He is not putting some anonymous sources out there or some kind of here say.

Thus far there are no denials from any of the sources. When it comes to Bob Woodward, I have to say "Respect the Authoritah".

There are many conversations on the tape, which are quoted in the book, but certainly he has the tapes of his conversation with them.

So how did his prediction about Iraq's WMDs turn out? So much for the authoritah, lol. No doubt he got that info from his sources as well, which puts the authenticity of his sources under question. Iraq war was a classic case of sources giving wrong info hence everyone believing that Iraq had WMDs.

What you're building up is anecdotal evidence, which is just one step away from having no evidence. Pasha has not said anything either, and he most likely will, when the book comes out.

And again, I would like another source besides ToI.

So how did his prediction about Iraq's WMDs turn out? So much for the authoritah, lol. No doubt he got that info from his sources as well, which puts the authenticity of his sources under question. Iraq war was a classic case of sources giving wrong info hence everyone believing that Iraq had WMDs.

What you're building up is anecdotal evidence, which is just one step away from having no evidence. Pasha has not said anything either, and he most likely will, when the book comes out.

And again, I would like another source besides ToI.

Can you give me the source where Bob Woodward said "Iraq has WMD"?. The book is in sale in North America, you can read it either by buying going to city library of something.

Back
Top Bottom