What's new

Is US leaving Afghanistan in 2014 or the Generals lying?

Americans will not leave until and unless they are sure their local chaudhry can run the show. However, all indications, past and present, are that the chaudhry is abjectly incompetent without American military cover. So, yes, Americans will be here for a while.

They have and are spending billions on the infrastructure of those bases and building them as large as a small city.

I also saw the locations of those places on a map of Afghanistan. Pretty much well spread out covering the whole country.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Americans will not leave until and unless they are sure their local chaudhry can run the show. However, all indications, past and present, are that the chaudhry is abjectly incompetent without American military cover. So, yes, Americans will be here for a while.

So that means you guys have to wait a lil' longer before 'kicking' us out :D

j/k

Americans don't have the money to run this war. As simple as that. They could stay where they are, however, the longer they stay, the quicker they become a 3rd world country.

The longer they stay, the more resources they occupy and more money they make perhaps...and Pakistan having no say or share of the gas/resources pipelines.

I think we as a nation are very very delusioned and misinformed about the realities of this war.

This is going to have very negative consequences for Pakistan's existence because it implies having to deal with another hostile neighbour.

So long as Nato remains in Afghanistan, I see no future for Pakistan economically...and a long term threat to our soverignity and nukes as well.

This is going to have very negative consequences for Pakistan's existence because it implies having to deal with another hostile neighbour.

So long as Nato remains in Afghanistan, I see no future for Pakistan...

Yes, this is one of the reasons for NATO to stay in Afghanistan -- to keep pressure on Pakistan and let their chaudhry tackle the yellow menace.

For its part, Pakistan can grow a brain and repair its relations with Iran. This will completely change the dynamics of the situation since the Bear don't like Uncle overstaying his welcome either.

US and NATO will with withdraw most of their combat forces by end of 2014. Most of these countries including USA are fed up with this war. Osama bin Laden is dead, Al Qaeda has been decimated, and the Taliban has never attacked America.

The only problem is the Taliban support for Al Qaeda and the fear that if US withdraws, Afghanistan falls, the Taliban take over, Al Qaeda comes back and the same situation arises that did in the late 1990's

So US might keep a reserve force of 10,000 men plus several companies of special operations forces just to make sure nothing of the sort happens.

US would be wise to get Iran, India and China involved in Afghanistan as well.

Afganistan is one the best place to keep a check on China,Iran,Russia and Pakistan,,, and if any general in Pakistan is thinking that america will vacate Afganistan then it is big time illusion....

The longer they stay, the more resources they occupy and more money they make perhaps...and Pakistan having no say or share of the gas/resources pipelines.

I think we as a nation are very very delusioned and misinformed about the realities of this war.

What resources are there in Afghanistan? Don't forget that even if there are resources, then the money they make from it will be transferred only to the rich class.

U.S as a country is collapsing. It will be hard for them to run this war. Just look at their debt. I don't think they can pay it off even after 50 years. Hence the reason why is because of the fact that money is not flowing properly and not shared equally among all Americans. As long as they have this capitalistic system, the more damage it will do to them.--- Again this is my best of my knowledge.

However, i do see the fact that Americans have a very egoistic attitude. You never know they might stay. Historically, if they fail going into one country, then they will just try going into another.

Afghanistan is critical for them. As mentioned by 'Hummnist' here in this thread, it is strategically best to keep a check on Pakistan, Iran, Russia, China. If they are having a tough time, then they might even consider going into weaker countries like Tajikstan, Uzbekistan, etc... The geographic locations of these countries are quite similar.

They have attempted to go a bit south, not too far from Afghanistan. Yemen, is part of America's new deal. They are trying every thing possible...

So staying or not staying. These are my possible predictions from all case scenarios.

The biggest question here should who will be take guard in afghanistan after 2014?? Whether it is Russia,India,China,Pakistan OR Afghanistan itself will take care by its own army which is currently very difficult for them...

For America to leave Afghanistan is has to bleed very profusely and currently that is not happening

US and NATO will with withdraw most of their combat forces by end of 2014. Most of these countries including USA are fed up with this war. Osama bin Laden is dead, Al Qaeda has been decimated, and the Taliban has never attacked America.

The only problem is the Taliban support for Al Qaeda and the fear that if US withdraws, Afghanistan falls, the Taliban take over, Al Qaeda comes back and the same situation arises that did in the late 1990's

So US might keep a reserve force of 10,000 men plus several companies of special operations forces just to make sure nothing of the sort happens.

US would be wise to get Iran, India and China involved in Afghanistan as well.

I knew you were an indian all along.

By the way, the reason why U.S. is in Afghanistan is why all former powers invaded Afghanistan. In the end of the day, they would like to put their puppet government in Afghanistan so they can run the show in Asia.

Afghanistan is the perfect base for them. Central Asia and Russia up north, Iran to the west, Pakistan to the south, and China to the east.

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

The most possible scenario post-2014 would be

-- US/ISAF withdrawing most of the combat operations and giving the responsibility to the ANA

-- Some US combat troops & combat aircraft remain for bolstering the ANA in its ground ops.

-- US establishing three or four permanent mil bases around Afghanistan where most of the minerals lie.

-- US,China & India happily extract the minerals paying the Afghan Govt ,thus boosting the Afghan economy.

another psychic indian trying to predict the future.

Yes, this is one of the reasons for NATO to stay in Afghanistan -- to keep pressure on Pakistan and let their chaudhry tackle the yellow menace.

For its part, Pakistan can grow a brain and repair its relations with Iran. This will completely change the dynamics of the situation since the Bear don't like Uncle overstaying his welcome either.

How is repairing relations with Iran going to solve the Nato occupation problem in Afghanistan? Iran barely has any say in Afghanistan and not sure how it's going to influence anything on the table.

Pakistan needs to grow brains and balls and stand up for its strategic/economic interests like Iran at least diplomatically has to be aggressively assertive, if this impotence in our civilian and military leadership continues, the cowboys will keep stomping your dignity under their heals with total impunity.

The biggest question here should who will be take guard in afghanistan after 2014?? Whether it is Russia,India,China,Pakistan OR Afghanistan itself will take care by its own army which is currently very difficult for them...

The question would be valid once Nato/US leave Afghanistan...which i dont think is going to happen anytime soon

China, Iran, Russia are skeptical of Americans but they will support government in Kabul. Iran is more concerned about safety of Hazara Shias, China concerned more about Uighur militants, Russia and India has also same concerns of terrorist getting safe heaven in Afghanistan.

It seems NATO will leave by 2014, they have already handed over half of the country to ANA. By the end of 2012 about 40,000 NATO soldiers are leaving Afghanistan. And if they will remove another 40,000 in 2013. It seems possible that NATO will completely withdraw from Afghanistan by 2014. Chinese and Russians are co-operating with NATO only if they stay till 2014.

Back
Top Bottom