What's new

Is Turkey Over 80% Jewish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurkeyForever

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I keep doing the math but can't answer it.

Here are the facts:

In 1600's over 500,000 ashkenazi jews from spain settled in Turkey the Ottoman sultan saved them.

In the year 1914 Turkeys population was around 12 million.

Today 2015 our population is around 80 million.

Simple math tells me we are mostly converts.

Do I have my facts wrong or am I onto something?

But aren't the turkish jews Sephardic from spain ? ashkenazis are from germany

What was Turkey's population in 1600 before they arrived?

There lies your answer.

i'm not much educated about jews in turkey , but i think i spotted one or two on my trip to istanbul , one of them was quite like victoria in here

Here are the facts:

In 1600's over 500,000 ashkenazi jews from spain settled in Turkey the Ottoman sultan saved them.

idont think you can save 500.000 jews with few ships:)they saved same also they still speak spanish:) i think most of them moved back to europea

Here are the facts:

Jews are like Parasite , they move to new host once their economy tanks

Here are the facts:

The number of settled Jews from Spain is about 140'000, most went to Israel after 1940's.
Mixing between Muslims and Jews didnt really happen since booth religion groups are quite conservative when it comes to intermarriage, todays Jewish population in Turkey is about 25'000 while around 80'000 Jews with Turkish roots are living in Israel today.

still the most talked about jewish community in ME outside of israel is that of iran , who's number are 40,000+ ; i've met more jews in tehran than in istanbul

Jews are like Parasite , they move to new host once their economy tanks
I hope your being sarcastic. For the very least, check why these people had to move to the Ottoman empire. They were getting massacred! Either your definition of parasite is something insanely wrong, or you are just plain old fundamentalist.

It was a question and not thanks to you I got some answers from other repliers.
Most of the Jews as per historic accounts left Turkey to settle in Palestine they are in Turkey under great plan their original destination was Palestine. Muslims and Jews not usually marry but only high class Turkey men got hand on that Jews women and marries them in that case only high elite class you can say mixed even their mother or grandmothers were converted from Jewish to Muslims.

Most were settled in Saloniki, Crete and Aegean coast but others will have moved around to different parts of the Empire. Sarajevo had a large Jewish community before WW2 (think something like 20%). So Turkey (Anatolia + eastern thrace) was not the only host population.

We shouldn't go on with this discussion. It will lead to racism and is non productive. Ethnically Turks around the globe may also be Christian like a minority of Gagavuz ( Gökoguz) in Moldavia or Caspian Turks.

Here are the facts:

All muslims are converts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom