What's new

Is there Doctor in the house ?

I had a similar problem with you after a car accident, alhamdulilah I was ok otherwise. I needed chiropractor to fix it (so I kept going) and I manage it with muscle relaxers and stretching/exercise.

Look here and find which Muscle of yours is pulled/injured. Stretch it out.

shoulder-and-back-anatomy-for-elbow-pain-blog-article.png

I would not advise you to take medication, unless I know your past medical history. Please see a doc ASAP, even if you have to call them.

So from the picture, I can explain better ..

so when i move my neck any side, I feel a pulled feeling or stress whichever is right term , through the levator scapulae , and the pain happens in Rhombold minor and major part .. I hope now you have better idea

Guys I got blocked from posting because I was trying to post something about the Indian army, is that normal?

It means you are currently being banned from posting in Indian Defense Forum.

Dear Doc & @Adam_Khan I need a little bit of help.

I was with a friend of mine, and he got a call from back home, his father passed away. He broke down, started crying, and then he felt pain in his chest, the whole of it, he couldn't breathe, as if an elephant was sitting in him, we didn't know what to do, gave him water, he calmed down, took his bp 170/100, heart rate 100 (this is 10mins after the episode). We insisted on taking him to the hospital, but with the corona scare he said no. Then 10 mins later we took his bp again 149/100, heart rate 100. 30 mins after the episode his BP was normal. We spoke to a nearby hospital, they told us to wait till morning. He took sleeping pills and is sleeping now.

I'm worried, do we take him to a hospital, what do we do....?

Worst part, flts are grounded, he cant go for the funeral.

He is healthy no underlying conditions.

If he still has it in the morning, take him to the hospital.

Here is what to get in pakistan---if it is available now---.

It used to be called Methocarbamol some 37 years ago and my dad used to get it in his samples.

a muscle relaxant---and take it with ibuprofen---NOT on an empty stomach---. And don't drive---.

Guys , So first of all I sleep upside down on my stomach, I know its bad but its a habit i couldn't get rid of, Plus many times because of sleeping in wrong position cause me neck pains , so 5 days ago it happened again so i put some pain relief cream and wear a collar to keep my neck straight , it started to heal but yesterday when i wake up it become 10000x more worse, Now i can't move my neck , i feel a stress in my neck and my shoulder blade , i can feel the pain travel from neck to back, i can't sneeze cause it hurts so much, i can't yawn , or do any sudden movements , i can't look down or upwards , right or left ,also i am unable to use my left hand because its connected to the side of where my muscle is being pulled, yesterday i took 2 Bruphen 400 mg with 8 hour interval but it did very little , does anyone knows any medication for that ???? Hospitals are close, and the doctor i was having my treatment for panic disorder is out on Vacation .. Does anyone has any idea how to fix it ? I tried hot shower , hot rag , pills and even lay straight for hours ..
I can understand what you are going through as I have been through it a so many times and the last one was the worst one and the only thing that helped me obviously taking muscle relaxant and this exercise was the only one that helped me recover and i could move my neck as well other exercises seemed just impossible but this will help.

Dear Doc & @Adam_Khan I need a little bit of help.

I was with a friend of mine, and he got a call from back home, his father passed away. He broke down, started crying, and then he felt pain in his chest, the whole of it, he couldn't breathe, as if an elephant was sitting in him, we didn't know what to do, gave him water, he calmed down, took his bp 170/100, heart rate 100 (this is 10mins after the episode). We insisted on taking him to the hospital, but with the corona scare he said no. Then 10 mins later we took his bp again 149/100, heart rate 100. 30 mins after the episode his BP was normal. We spoke to a nearby hospital, they told us to wait till morning. He took sleeping pills and is sleeping now.

I'm worried, do we take him to a hospital, what do we do....?

Worst part, flts are grounded, he cant go for the funeral.

He is healthy no underlying conditions.

Better to get him checked regardless. If his BP is normal, you don't need to worry for now.

Guys , So first of all I sleep upside down on my stomach, I know its bad but its a habit i couldn't get rid of, Plus many times because of sleeping in wrong position cause me neck pains , so 5 days ago it happened again so i put some pain relief cream and wear a collar to keep my neck straight , it started to heal but yesterday when i wake up it become 10000x more worse, Now i can't move my neck , i feel a stress in my neck and my shoulder blade , i can feel the pain travel from neck to back, i can't sneeze cause it hurts so much, i can't yawn , or do any sudden movements , i can't look down or upwards , right or left ,also i am unable to use my left hand because its connected to the side of where my muscle is being pulled, yesterday i took 2 Bruphen 400 mg with 8 hour interval but it did very little , does anyone knows any medication for that ???? Hospitals are close, and the doctor i was having my treatment for panic disorder is out on Vacation .. Does anyone has any idea how to fix it ? I tried hot shower , hot rag , pills and even lay straight for hours ..
Maybe becoz of lockdown you are not getting any movement or exercise.
Try that.

What you are having is called pinched nerve.

It happens because of prolonged bad posture/ angle of your neck and / or strain caused by the angle of your arm. You did not have any injury/accident so that ruled out.

These are the nerves connected to your spinal cord and then shoulder etc....difficulty in hand / arm movement, lack of strength in the arm fist and if it continues for long you will see and notice loss of mass/muscle in the arm.

Other then sleeping habit/ height angle of pillow and how you fold your arm/hand under your face etc during sleep, it can be because of using Laptop while lying on the bed, when your back is not upright and its almost flat on the bed and your neck is bent downwards....

you can take any pain killer / muscle relaxants or better yet nerve relaxing meds, but that will be a temp relief.

Permanent or long term cure will be to change the way you sit, lying down, and sitting....basically you need to take away the strain from the nerves to give them chance to get back normal.

change the habit of lying down and using laptop, how you sit and general posture of your neck and spinal cord.

try to keep your back straight, no slouching, neck straight, shoulders in good straight angle....

there are plenty videos on you tube, you can check for pinched neck nerve exercises....make it a routine to do it as much as you can, without straining and exhausting the nerves.

its 1 am here right now and this is what i can think of, and be assured that it has nothing to do with pulled muscles.

if you follow the pain...main area will be shoulder blade..and this is where give injection if pain is too much......when you are looking at the videos or trying to straighten the neck and spinal cord...you will find a spot where it eases and or feels like you are pressing the affected area without touching it...straight back, neck, and then moving the chin to get the correct alighnment etc...

read and watch some videos and lets talk.

change your habits of bad posture.....

his father passed away. He broke down, started crying, and then he felt pain in his chest, the whole of it, he couldn't breathe, as if an elephant was sitting in him, we didn't know what to do, gave him water, he calmed down, took his bp 170/100, heart rate 100 (this is 10mins after the episode). We insisted on taking him to the hospital, but with the corona scare he said no. Then 10 mins later we took his bp again 149/100, heart rate 100. 30 mins after the episode his BP was normal.
Probable DDx in order of likelihood -- Panic Attack, Anxiety disorder, Angina Pectoris or Acute Myocardial Infarction..

Seek medical help if possible, if not monitor his BP and keep him stress free till you get him to a care facility.

I have read taking brufin is not good These days

This may not work now but it helps a lot in those burning sensation type neck pain situations.

These are small sticky patches. I sometimes use them while at work to manage the pain.

However, they are in short supply here and I couldn't find new batches here in isb.

IMG-20190316-WA0017.jpg

Had the same problem due to bad sleeping posture. Knots, big knots! Hence you are unable to move the neck much. Push your head down and push your finger deep alongside the cervical spine .. you may find the swelling between one or more of the joints (Atlas to C7). If muscles are knotted on one side of shoulder, you may need someone to massage the knots out (medium to high pain depending on your pain sensors!). Acupuncture is the fastest way to break muscle knots.

This pain is bearable but you need to stop sleeping on your stomach - get the right thickness pillow and sleep sideways. If you continue sleeping on stomach along with prolonged sitting, thoracic spine issues start to crop up and those are far far more painful including chest pains!

Apply Voltral gel and do the stretches in the post below by @Ace of Spades

Take nsaid, apply voltaren gel topically and apply moist heat via wet hot towel, be careful don't burn your skin. And do these exercises.

guys , its not fixing :( It gets better while i am sitting, and over the day but when i go to bed, and wake up, its than back to same intensity :(

Back
Top Bottom