What's new

Is the term "Gora" a racial slur or not?

Tell me why Gora is not a racial slur and Kala/Kalu is? Both refer to your skin color right?

i use some times .. 'you remember that black guy who we met xyz' when talking to black/white friends of mine... I never bothered about sensitivity regarding use of word 'black' when refering people.(if it can make it easier to get to point) nor did black friends but it surely makes white people uncomfortable. :lol:

so yeah, because there is no history of racism from south asians or am not expected to be racist, nobody cares if I use those words..

Gora is a whitey, I do not believe it is racial term or demeaning it just is what it is.

I see many members of the PDF use the term "gora" readily and often. Is this term not a racial slur? Who is a gora? Light-skinned people of European descent no matter where they were born? Or is the term used for a narrower group, i.e. only people of British descent (including Americans, Australians, Canadians, etc.)?

Gora means white man(Gori for white woman). The word has no negative meaning often used as normal words but when someone uses Gora for Westerners it mostly used in the context against the western imperialism or some other western things/values which South Asians don't agree with.

i use some times .. 'you remember that black guy who we met xyz' when talking to black/white friends of mine... I never bothered about sensitivity regarding use of word 'black' when refering people.(if it can make it easier to get to point) nor did black friends but it surely makes white people uncomfortable. :lol:

so yeah, because there is no history of racism from south asians or am not expected to be racist, nobody cares if I use those words..

It doesn't matter whether you find it offensive or not, what matters is whether the "Gora" finds it offensive or not.

If someone calls a black guy, you black guy, he d definitely find it offensive, if someone calls me a brown guy I would find it offensive, similarly if someone calls a White guy, a white guy he may find it offensive too.

Ḥashshāshīn;4399403 said:
If Pa.ki is a racial term then so is that word.

**** is a racial term for a reason because asians were called that word by racist thugs like EDL and neo-nazis when they came to Europe in 70's like go home you ***** etc but gora is diffrent I know English girls who liked to be called gori and they call themselves that word because they love it!

It depends on how you use it. I can say "That man is Indian", or "That man is a fuc king Indian".

Its like saying oh I work with that Indian guy called Suraj and similar when a asian guy might be talking to his friend he might say yeah I work with alot of goras (white people) that is not racist

Now if you call someone a honkey that is racist! but gora is not a racial slur

Its like saying oh I work with that Indian guy called Suraj and similar when a asian guy might be talking to his friend he might say yeah I work with alot of goras (white people) that is not racist

Now if you call someone a honkey that is racist! but gora is not a racial slur

you in thailand? is farong a racist word.. :)
@TruthSeeker , its for all white people not only british/canadian/australian etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
No. In Pakistan, the term "Frangi" is popularly used to described ethnic European people.

you in thailand? is farong a racist word.. :)

They call everyone who is not a Thai or living there and speaking thai a farong (foreigner), I would not call it a racial term but if you wish to get a better deal like the locals do when it comes to shopping in markets etc it is better to try to mix in with the locals and adopt some thai words and show respect which is important for Thai people.

Well, we're just calling you Whites and Whites are superior, so no

Hmmm... I don' think so yara.... I call wifey Gori all the time out of love. :D

Btw, I am more "gora" than her! :P

Never leave an opportunity unturned in impressing upon the rest of us Brownies your ever so chitiiii chamriiii ! :disagree:

I don't think it's a racial slur, just like the words white/black are not. I don't think even kala(black) is a racist word. But if you want to be a racist you can be offensive with pretty much anything. It all depends on how you use it.

So what is "curry munchers" used for asians by westerners.

Back
Top Bottom