What's new

Is the ISI competent? (your opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A suggestion to the author, ask some professionals like from CIA or Ex-CIA or someone who has had interaction with ISI (if you can), otherwise here on this forum you would only find Indians gibbering their propaganda against ISI (because since their childhood they have been taught that it was ISI that was involved in bursting their balloons and damaging their toys). And from Pakistanis you will get a mixed reaction. And none of them has any clue what they are saying and about whom they are saying.

You tell me.

Have you ever heard of an ecounter with an ISI field operative?
I rather not answer that :p: i am still alive aren't I? :partay: and many others on the forum....

Says who??? Do you want me to write about the money that Pakistani generals have made? The biggest corruption network in Pakistan was run by its military and then transferred to the civilians. You forget, majority of your politicians were given bags of cash to become a politician against some other opponent of the military........
To be honest things have never been so complex in Pakistan as they ate today. You have the Generals, /Jurnails, The Military and then you have the daddy of all ISI, each have their own way of working, so when you say generals are corrupts, that excludes military and the isi

the main problem of US is that they judge us from their the comforting seats of well furnished and air-conditioned offices... go and ask any CIA operative who have ever worked with any ISI operative in the field during 80`s or after 911. they will tell you how good ISI is in protecting the interests of his country.
BTW as a Pakistani we don't have any doubts abt the competences and abilities of our forces to protect us...you know why ? because they are from us...they are us:sniper:

A suggestion to the author, ask some professionals like from CIA or Ex-CIA or someone who has had interaction with ISI (if you can), otherwise here on this forum you would only find Indians gibbering their propaganda against ISI (because since their childhood they have been taught that it was ISI that was involved in bursting their balloons and damaging their toys). And from Pakistanis you will get a mixed reaction. And none of them has any clue what they are saying and about whom they are saying.

Lol chillax no common person knows what is ISI here in India (unless youwrote that for sarcasm :D) I can assure you here ISI mark is more famous than your intelligence agency :p

the main problem of US is that they judge us from their the comforting seats of well furnished and air-conditioned offices... go and ask any CIA operative who have ever worked with any ISI operative in the field during 80`s or after 911. they will tell you how good ISI is in protecting the interests of his country.
BTW as a Pakistani we don't have any doubts abt the competences and abilities of our forces to protect us...you know why ? because they are from us...they are us:sniper:

:D

The competence of an intelligence agency can only be a guess work apart from the resources they use. In my opinion ISI of Pakistan should be considered tactically very competent because they are able to carry out tactical operations and able to generate their own funds by various means and thats why they dont often rely on the govt. of pakistan and enjoy an autonomy. This may not be the case even with CIA or any other intelligence agency in the world who may be allotted huge funds but lack self sufficiency and autonomy.

However, from the point of view of achieving strategic national objectives, there is a big question mark on the efficiency of ISI as -
1. it has failed to achieve any long term objective in Kashmir.
2. it failed to save east Pakistan.
3. it failed to detect OBL on its soil.
4. it failed to save Pakistan from plunging into terrorism.
5. it has failed to provide right inputs for diplomacy to save the nation from international isolation.
6. it has failed to keep itself away from the limelight, which is very essential to being an intelligence agency.

The above points are more reflective of the ISI leadership than the lower lever operatives.

However the only real place we lack in my POV in the War of information technology and propaganda.

''Not anymore''

You tell me.

Have you ever heard of an ecounter with an ISI field operative?

Majority are on ISR duties. They won't identify themselves unless its part of their MOs. If that happens, you've run out of luck.

Current Situation in Pakistan tells Everything about ISI.

Current Situation in Pakistan tells Everything about ISI.

Yep it does to those who know the ground realities, to others they can think whatever they want to.

ISI was one of the best Intel agaencies there is. But lately I do not think they are as effective has they were before. Also ISI is one of the important element why Pakistan is in this state now.

The competence of an intelligence agency can only be a guess work apart from the resources they use. In my opinion ISI of Pakistan should be considered tactically very competent because they are able to carry out tactical operations and able to generate their own funds by various means and thats why they dont often rely on the govt. of pakistan and enjoy an autonomy. This may not be the case even with CIA or any other intelligence agency in the world who may be allotted huge funds but lack self sufficiency and autonomy.

However, from the point of view of achieving strategic national objectives, there is a big question mark on the efficiency of ISI as -
1. it has failed to achieve any long term objective in Kashmir.
2. it failed to save east Pakistan.
3. it failed to detect OBL on its soil.
4. it failed to save Pakistan from plunging into terrorism.
5. it has failed to provide right inputs for diplomacy to save the nation from international isolation.
6. it has failed to keep itself away from the limelight, which is very essential to being an intelligence agency.

The above points are more reflective of the ISI leadership than the lower lever operatives.
The reply of your all above crap is just two lines I typed and link blow!
Top 10 World's Best Intelligence Agencies 2014 | List Top Tens
Btw same was in 2013 and inshallah remain same from now on.
Side note. You guys start worry about KHAD now:lol: it's just a number down on #8 by useless RAW#7.

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1424250640.146467.jpg

Number One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom