What's new

Is the Dassault Ratale an Off Shoot of the Novi Avion?

echo 1

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi Fellow members I am not sure if a post like this has been made but wanted to bring this up cause I though it was interesting.

Novi Avion
300px-Novi13ot.jpg

upload_2016-11-15_2-2-48.jpeg

Ragale
upload_2016-11-15_2-3-46.png

upload_2016-11-15_2-4-21.jpeg

They seem to be very similar.Obviously Rafale is far more superior in terms of technology, weapons, etc. but it is amazing how they resemble each other. Please share your thoughts

Hi Fellow members I am not sure if a post like this has been made but wanted to bring this up cause I though it was interesting.

Novi Avion
300px-Novi13ot.jpg

View attachment 352045

Ragale
View attachment 352047

View attachment 352048

They seem to be very similar.Obviously Rafale is far more superior in terms of technology, weapons, etc. but it is amazing how they resemble each other. Please share your thoughts
Good Comparison But you need to correct the Name of Rafale instead of Ratale & Ragale spelling in threade subject

@echo 1 well the Yugoslav Novi Avion was heavily influenced by the French. They were helping design it and design and manufacture some of the complex parts. They were reportedly involved in avionics and radars as well. The French Snecma engine was also going to power the plane. In short, heavy French influence and thus commonality in design I suppose.

Plus, they are not that same either. Novi Avion was a single jet plane and Rafale is a twin jet to start with.:)

Novi Avion
300px-Novi13ot.jpg

View attachment 352045

Ragale
View attachment 352047

View attachment 352048

The French designed both aircraft. The Novi was designed with Rafale's engine, weapons, avionics etc.

Thanks guys. I think if it actually came to life it would have given the F-16 a run for its money. Same with the Gripen

YOUGOSALAVIA SUPERSONIC /
‘NA’ “NOVI AVION ( NEW PLANE ) PROJECT

YU SUPERSONIC-1.jpg
YU SUPERSONIC-2.jpg

YU SUPERSONIC-3.jpg

YU SUPERSONIC-4.jpg

Its sad really the aircraft that could have been. I feel it had some potential and it would have created 100,000 jobs. Sad to hear about this amazing looking machine.

Back
Top Bottom