What's new

IS something going to happen, UK , USA stopped issueing visa !!!

batmannow

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
GEO Pakistan
US embassy suspends visa service in Pakistan
Updated at: 1254 PST, Thursday, September 25, 2008
ISLAMABAD: US embassy in Paksitan has suspended its visa service in Pakistan for an indefinite period today (Thursday).

Spokesperson of US embassy in Islamabad confirmed visa service has been suspended for an indefinite period. Only those applicants who were called for interviews today would be entertained today, and this service will not be available tomorrow onwards.

It has also been learnt that US government has issued a fresh advisory for its citizens to remain watchful in Pakistan and has directed them not to travel and stay unnecessarily in Pakistan.

JUST after that UK had followed the USA, stopping all the visa's.

I GUSS, SOME THING IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN?
plz share it , open your minds & your thoughts.
thanks

all airports in pak are on alert.

Dear munir, sir
yep, i guss full fledge airstrikes by allied forces in FATA?
or something nearly to that? but surly , something is cooking up...?

I had been hearing rumours from various sources for a while back now that the US, UK, AUS and a few others will be closing down their visa offices all together and will be moving to Dubai.

So what implications will this have for Pakistan based students, businessmen/women and visitors to these counties: Well until recently if you were applying for US/UK etc you would get the relevant documentation from Jerry's Express, upon completing your paperwork you will have to pay the prescribed application fee and the fee to Fed-Ex to mail your paperwork to the relevant mission.

This process could take anywhere up to 3-6 months, and was wrought with errors, missing paper work and serious accountability issues.

With the new security implications and if indeed these rumours are true, then we can expect more misery and delays for Pakistani's visiting abroad.

I doubt Nato is about to attack.

Visas get suspended every other day, Pakistanis visit US in large numbers u know.

They in fact call us "Over represented" in America.

I think it either has to do to stop influx of new terrorists into UK/USA... Or trying to manipulate Pakistani internal politics.

either way - it shows Pakistanis are a pretty jumpy lot, right now.

Temporary suspension of visa enquiries to reduce the number of daily visitors is a comon practice to protect US Embassy and her employees whenever there's an alert.

Worse option would have been to closed down the Embassy and consulates but it does not necessarily mean that we're going to be attacked.

UK has also temporarly suspended visa service here due to security reasons.

Temporary suspension of visa enquiries to reduce the number of daily visitors is a comon practice to protect US Embassy and her employees whenever there's an alert.

Worse option would have been to closed down the Embassy and consulates but it does not necessarily mean that we're going to be attacked.

GEO World
Pakistan military fires at NATO choppers: NATO
Updated at: 1955 PST, Thursday, September 25, 2008
KABUL: Helicopters with a NATO-led force in Afghanistan were fired on from a Pakistan military checkpoint Thursday, the force said, adding there was no damage or casualties.

The International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) stressed however that the helicopters had not crossed Pakistani airspace.

"ISAF helicopters received small-arms fire from a Pakistan military checkpoint along the border near Tanai district, Khost while conducting routine operations in Afghanistan," it said in a statement.

GEO Pakistan
Pentagon calls Pakistani fire "an unfortunate misunderstanding" Updated at: 2036 PST, Thursday, September 25, 2008 WASHINGTON: An incident in which Pakistani soldiers fired on helicopters with a NATO-led force Thursday along the border with Afghanistan was "an unfortunate misunderstanding," a Pentagon spokesman said Thursday.

The International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said its helicopters were conducting routine operations inside Afghanistan when they came under small arms fire from a Pakistani checkpoint along the border near Tanai distict in eastern Khost province.

"It appears to be an unfortunate misunderstanding," said Bryan Whitman, a Pentagon spokesman.

He said the US military "contacted the Pakistani military immediately after the incident from what I understand and they are working to ensure that the coordination measures are such that that doesn't happen in the future," he said.

The shooting has come amid heightened tensions along the border in the stepped up stepped up US missile strikes and a reported raid into Pakistan earlier this month by special operations forces.

Pakistan's President Asif Ali Zardari has said that Pakistan would not tolerate violations of its sovereignty.

Dear neo, sir
I and every pakistani who i met, today is praying for the safty of our beloved country, and i hope nothing wrong going to happen to pakistan. but its, out of any ones wisdom, that why USA +UK chose this time to suspend thier visa opreations, although they said that its a temperory suspension, just for two days, but its widly acknowledge as a tactic, to get the puposed targets of USA , INSIDE PAKISTANI LAND?:angry::agree::smitten::pakistan:

Dear neo, sir
I and every pakistani who i met, today is praying for the safty of our beloved country, and i hope nothing wrong going to happen to pakistan. but its, out of any ones wisdom, that why USA +UK chose this time to suspend thier visa opreations, although they said that its a temperory suspension, just for two days, but its widly acknowledge as a tactic, to get the puposed targets of USA , INSIDE PAKISTANI LAND?:angry::agree::smitten::pakistan:

Well if so then we need to be looking for another development and that is, if their citizens here in Pakistan are asked to leave the country ASP if there was any big offensive in the offing.

But i dont think so they are going for some big one rather they will continue small offensive in FATA.

And one more thing UK will be issuing biomatric ID cards from November to all foreigners seeking an extension to stay in UK.

So i think if they have any problem regarding allowing more foreigners AKA Pakistanis well they can apply this system of biomatric ID cards instead of halting issuing visas.

Back
Top Bottom