What's new

Is Singapore heading for a major melt down ?

manlion

Reaction score
Why Singapore's Economy Is Heading For An Iceland-Style Meltdown - Forbes

A stinging commentary warning that Singapore is facing an Icelandic-style economic crash has provoked much debate amongst industry commentators and yielded an official response from the Monetary Authority of Singapore.

According to Jesse Colombo, an economist and columnist for Forbes magazine, the wealthy Southeast island state of Singapore is displaying similar characteristics to Iceland in the run up to its spectacular economic collapse in 2008, amid the rapid expansion of its banking sector overseas and an influx on hot money from abroad.

We hate our government. We have big problems and they are now increasingly seen by people. We are not able to remove our government because she flood us with migrants that neutralize our vote.

We hate our government. We have big problems and they are now increasingly seen by people. We are not able to remove our government because she flood us with migrants that neutralize our vote.

why you hate your government , after all you are a Chinese and your government is pro Chinese and anti native Malay/Muslim ?

why you hate your government , after all you are a Chinese and your government is pro Chinese and anti native Malay/Muslim ?

You are kidding. Go read more instead of spreading hate.

I think my government is pro Indian as one Indian commenter proudly presented the facts.

bs article. in SE Asia, Thailand is the perfect candidate for a meltdown, for a civil war. If Sam Rainsy comes to power, then Cambodia is the second candidate.

bs article. in SE Asia, Thailand is the perfect candidate for a meltdown, for a civil war. If Sam Rainsy comes to power, then Cambodia is the second candidate.

have to wait and see, but Jesse is a "bubbleologist" who predicted United States housing and credit bubble

You are kidding. Go read more instead of spreading hate.

I think my government is pro Indian as one Indian commenter proudly presented the facts.

so you are not denying your government is anti Malay / Muslim ?

have to watch and see, but Jesse is a "bubbleologist" who predicted United States housing and credit bubble

so you are not denying your government is anti Malay / Muslim ?

I do not see any anti Malay or Muslim in Singapore. The real anti Malay/Muslims are Malaysian Malay who shitt on their own Shia. Malaysian Malay also shitt on their own Malay Iban.

In Singapore, all Malay muslims are free of harassment, free of discrimination. Our conduct towards minorities is on par with the west and that is the reason everyone wanted to come Singapore and become our minority, even Jim Rogers. A lot of Indonesian Malay stay here and they identify with us.

Viet is right, this is a BS article. Singapore has the strongest fundamentals of any SE Asian country. Colombo is a propagandist who constantly sh!ts on developing Asia, but always praises Japan (Why 2014 Could Be An Explosive Year For Japanese Stocks - Forbes) even when other economists have reached a consensus that 'Abenomics' has been a dismal failure. Just another CIA stooge with no economics knowledge or journalistic training.

Maybe if you stopped threatening your country with extinction by refusing to reproduce, they'll stop 'flooding' you.
After all, doesn't your non-Chinese adopted semitic religion tell you to "be fruitful and multiply"?

An alarming map of the 17 countries with possible housing bubbles

housing-bubbles.jpg

An alarming map of the 17 countries with possible housing bubbles

housing-bubbles.jpg
when is the map dated?
for instance I see Spain is not in the list. The country is still suffering from the housing collapse.
Singapore housing is expensive, however is comparable affordable given the high GDP per capita.

Last edited:
when is the map dated?
for instance I see Spain is not in the list. The country is still suffering from the housing collapse.
Singapore housing is expensive, however is comparable affordable giving the high GDP per capita.

3 Dec 2013, Washington Post

Economist Nouriel Roubini is warning that 11 countries are showing indications of potential housing bubbles – an alarming prospect for the global economy, which is still recovering from the aftereffects of burst housing bubbles in the United States and elsewhere. He identifies another six countries in which major urban areas may have housing bubbles.

Here's the list of countries identified as having possible housing bubbles, from West to East: Canada, France, Switzerland, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Israel, China (mainland plus Hong Kong), Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.

And the countries with possible housing bubbles in major urban areas, West to East: Brazil, United Kingdom (just London), Turkey, India and Indonesia.

Viet is right, this is a BS article. Singapore has the strongest fundamentals of any SE Asian country. Colombo is a propagandist who constantly sh!ts on developing Asia, but always praises Japan (Why 2014 Could Be An Explosive Year For Japanese Stocks - Forbes) even when other economists have reached a consensus that 'Abenomics' has been a dismal failure. Just another CIA stooge with no economics knowledge or journalistic training.

Maybe if you stopped threatening your country with extinction by refusing to reproduce, they'll stop 'flooding' you.
After all, doesn't your non-Chinese adopted semitic religion tell you to "be fruitful and multiply"?
the poor birth rate is a common problem of all developed nations. for instance germany is aging fast and seeking at least 200,000 high skilled immigrants per year. you are welcome.

Cambodia? Do not make me laugh. China will be sure to make it ok. That is the reason you need a strong friend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom