What's new

Is Pilot Important?????

Which is the most important Factor in victory?

• The Pilot

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • The Platform

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • The Radar

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • The Avionics

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • The Weapons

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
Suppose its a mig 21 flown by an ace against a carpenter driven driven f22... :disagree:

Suppose its a mig 21 flown by an ace against a Banker driven driven f22... :disagree:

Suppose its a mig 21 flown by an ace against a Goat driven driven f22... :disagree:

Suppose its a mig 21 flown by an ace against a Lifeless corpse driven driven f22... :disagree:

I can come up with trillion reasons as to why if you have any one but a pilot, piloting that F-22 it's still going to fall right out of the sky

Give us 10 reasons,

and consider that f-22 pilot can fly, understand the sytems, and can lock the aircraft once detected.

Well is there any particular definiton for the best trained pilot?

A pilot having say 5000 flying hours of experience and a raptor pilot just 1000, but still he is aware of the systems, he is aware of the aircraft.. 5 times less trained can still shoot the tom dick harry any time..

It was true in his times. But what about now. The growth in capabilities of pilots is zero. But the technology is growing, and at a very fast pace.

And that's one of the reasons why Armies strive to have better planes. To make their pilots more lethal.

Their Equipment is not going to do squat if it does not have properly trained individuals to use them

We are already seeing UCAVs...

Even UCAV's have Human operators who are manually flying the plane thousands of miles away.

The pilot has only been moved not replaced.

Give us 10 reasons,

and consider that f-22 pilot can fly, understand the sytems, and can lock the aircraft once detected.

That individual is most likely a rookie pilot, Based on your description.

Of course there is higher chance that this individual will make mistakes, due to his limitations in training and experience.

but then that individual is trained enough to take advantage of the F-22 to increase his/her lethality accordingly.

remember circumstances can change in an instant of the Battlefield, How will thins individual deal with those changes.

Last edited:
Suppose its a mig 21 flown by an ace against a carpenter driven driven f22... :disagree:

Suppose its a mig 21 flown by an ace against a Banker driven driven f22... :disagree:

Suppose its a mig 21 flown by an ace against a Goat driven driven f22... :disagree:

Suppose its a mig 21 flown by an ace against a Lifeless corpse driven driven f22... :disagree:

I can come up with trillion reasons as to why if you have any one but a pilot, piloting that F-22 it's still going to fall right out of the sky

Ha ha, very funny.
The term is pilot. We are discussing pilot. Pilots who can fly F22, and understand its system, unlike goats, lifeless corpse, scare crows, bunnies, and whatever comes to your mind.

My point was that role of pilot varies according to platform and opponent. I failed to explain myself better.

Lets suppose there is a great pilot flying a particular AC. He can be a nightmare against a similar platform flown by rookie, while he would be totally useless against another, higher generation improved platform, even if the enemy pilot is a rookie.
Again, an average pilot will probably loose against an ace, flying AC with similar tech, and probably win against an ace flying an AC 2 gen behind his plane.

The role of pilot will depend upon the platform he is flying, in which conditions, against whom. You wont need an ace in F22 to defeat a 3 gen plane. But if b/w two similar ACs, yes, it will depend on pilot.

Ya not rookie at least.. But a decent training is fair enough now a days.

Not that you need to master all the maneuvors F 22 or PAKFA can perform to kill a 4 or 4.5 gen AC?

Of course I am talking about BVR..

That individual is most likely a rookie pilot, Based on your description.

Of course there is higher chance that this individual will make mistakes, due to his limitations in training and experience.

but then that individual is trained enough to take advantage of the F-22 to increase his/her lethality accordingly.

remember circumstances can change in an instant of the Battlefield, How will thins individual deal with those changes.

We are not discussing AC being flown by dummies. What I feel the author is trying to discuss is:

With the Advent of Technology these days.We keep hearing the terms 4.5,5th generation, BVRs , AESA , and all these things.

So with the advancement of technology has the time come that Pilot is no longer the deciding factor.

Has the time Come that superior Pilot can be let down by a rookie only due to technology.

But I have sudden change in opinion now..

Well you can't expect enemy to be dumb, taking his technology for granted. You never know the level anytime. Thats why training would never be replaced. What if top notch Rafale and EF are against each other? There pilots will definitely play an important role, His decision making, his planning, his execution of planning in the best manner, Defining alternatives and choosing the best among them..

No No pilot is not important with technology??? We are wrong Saurabh...

Pilot is utmost important and complements technology at every level..

The flaw in our discussion is that we are considering the most weakest technology with the most superior one,

No in pratical scenario enemy is not a fool to send J 17 against SU 30 MKI... MKI will have to face F 16 block 52 or probably J 10 in the future.. So pilot remains.

I don't know why people are comparing Mig21 with raptor i mean it's ridiculous it's like trying to destroy a tank with a stone.

We should be rational.I mean if an F-16 block 52 defeats a EF or RAFALE then we can say that it was due to superior Pilot

Depends. Cannot vote for any without knowing details about every component.

Its like all components, pilot, avionics, platform, etc make 100%. More the tech, reduces the role of pilot and more importance goes to the tech. Older planes, pilot is everything.

But have to give credit to tech more.

Suppose its a mig 21 flown by an ace against a rookie driven f22... Tech wins...

But I have sudden change in opinion now..

Well you can't expect enemy to be dumb, taking his technology for granted. You never know the level anytime. Thats why training would never be replaced. What if top notch Rafale and EF are against each other? There pilots will definitely play an important role, His decision making, his planning, his execution of planning in the best manner, Defining alternatives and choosing the best among them..

No No pilot is not important with technology??? We are wrong Saurabh...

Pilot is utmost important and complements technology at every level..

I am not taking side. I am trying to say (and failing to explain) every component, from pilot to all gizmos, are important. But who is more important, will depend on situations. The pilots were not important when US airforce went again Iraqi's. The tactic were fixed, enemy will show up on radar and will be downed. No maneuver, no on the spot strategy needed, nothing. But when IAF and PAF faced off, pilots mattered. The question was

Has the time Come that superior Pilot can be let down by a rookie only due to technology.

And the answer is yes, a superior pilot can be let down by a rookie only due to technology.

Yaa Superior pilot can be let down by technology,

But on the other hand technology develops everywhere.. That's the reason why we are acquring MMRCA and later FGFA and Pakistan doing the same with JF 17, J 10, and future projects in the pipeline..

It is very difficult to define a winner prior to combat when technology is competent. There the real deal of superior pilot will come in place.

300 posts completed....

if u have a nut pilot dont know how to shot down and lock on enemy what is the use of those missiles pilot with good skills can pull of in thinkable like MM ALAM i think u forget him

Back
Top Bottom