What's new

Is Pakistan in ideal condition for India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpedo

BANNED
Reaction score
The reasons I think so are -

1. Economy is barely alive. This means no 'R&D' and purchases on defense front.

2. No political stability. This will hurt economy and credibility.

3. Forgive me, but a fool on the topmost place. Effects are obvious. Many times, Zardari has helped India in its strategy.

4. USA in 'no-fight' mood. This means more energy of Pakistan will be engaged on Afghan front. USA may reduce/stop the aid.

5. No military coup yet. It is seen that military law has worked best for Pakistan.

6. There is NO CHANCE of Pakistan being 'failed state' in near future. Note that failed Pakistan is nightmare for India.

7. Most importantly, if this condition continues, the possibility of stripping Pakistan off the nukes increases. Don't say "in your dreams". You like it or not, but West and India are eager to do that.

These are only facts with no hard feelings.

What you think?

The Long march wouldn't be ideal for India because most of the above would change once Pakistani public regains control over its government.

The Long march wouldn't be ideal for India because most of the above would change once Pakistani public regains control over its government.

Same goes for the coup.

But I don't think that Long March is gonna work. There will be coup. Zardari is not a persons who understands thinks with talks.

The reasons I think so are -

1. Economy is barely alive. This means no 'R&D' and purchases on defense front.

2. No political stability. This will hurt economy and credibility.

3. Forgive me, but a fool on the topmost place. Effects are obvious. Many times, Zardari has helped India in its strategy.

4. USA in 'no-fight' mood. This means more energy of Pakistan will be engaged on Afghan front. USA may reduce/stop the aid.

5. No military coup yet. It is seen that military law has worked best for Pakistan.

6. There is NO CHANCE of Pakistan being 'failed state' in near future. Note that failed Pakistan is nightmare for India.

7. Most importantly, if this condition continues, the possibility of stripping Pakistan off the nukes increases. Don't say "in your dreams". You like it or not, but West and India are eager to do that.

These are only facts with no hard feelings.

What you think?

Well these points can also work as catalyst in "failed state" scenario which asyou have correctly said not in India's favour. I guess its more of a catch-22

A stable Pak is best for India & the region.

A Pak thats in control of all its organs, regions & functions. Where the writ of GOP runs from end to end.

Hostility among nations only serves very short term , narrow minded ends. What lasts is peace , harmony & stability.

The world I feel should fear the day India & Pak solve / settle their differences and present themselves on a common platform to the world. Our region is critical to the world economy.. we could do so much together.

No, the current Pak is not ideal for India.

I compliment you Torpedo, a very thoughtful thread. Far better than 'X is better than Y' threads.

Thats the issue third eye. There are many who differ. Many think that a failed Pakistan is better, others think that a failed Pakistan would be completely wrong, a constantly simmering and boiling Pakistan is best for Indian interests. And ofcourse, the third category is those people who think a stable and growing Pakistan is best for India and her interests.

Earlier, the majority thought that a failed Pakistan was best, but now, most people have realized that it would be a nightmare scenario. So many people have shifted to the notion that a constantly simmering Pakistan is best for India.
A Pak thats in control of all its organs, regions & functions. Where the writ of GOP runs from end to end.

Hostility among nations only serves very short term , narrow minded ends. What lasts is peace , harmony & stability.

The world I feel should fear the day India & Pak solve / settle their differences and present themselves on a common platform to the world. Our region is critical to the world economy.. we could do so much together.

I compliment you Torpedo, a very thoughtful thread. Far better than 'X is better than Y' threads.

Thats the issue third eye. There are many who differ. Many think that a failed Pakistan is better, others think that a failed Pakistan would be completely wrong, a constantly simmering and boiling Pakistan is best for Indian interests. And ofcourse, the third category is those people who think a stable and growing Pakistan is best for India and her interests.

Earlier, the majority thought that a failed Pakistan was best, but now, most people have realized that it would be a nightmare scenario. So many people have shifted to the notion that a constantly simmering Pakistan is best for India.

I've to agree with Malay. A stable and prosperous pakistan is in india's interest when pakistan stops being in india's path, otherwise the bitter truth is that pakistan's energys diverted away from india is better for india. China will keep using pakistan against india, they've done it all along - just the way US is hoping to use India against China.

At a more naive level, i'd like to see the day when a successful india is in pak's interest and vice versa. but thats only possible when pragmatism becomes the religion of the sub continent.

Last edited:

You feel that progressive Pak will be good for India??

Not at all. A major part of the wealth/power gained by the progress will be used against India.

The truth is -

GoP is against India. But has to think of Pakistan first. So, it is helpless right now.

If Pakistan becomes failed state, the emerging power center won't care for people and will use its whole strength against India.

Seriously you guys haven't got anything worthwhile to discuss?

Reactions: Neo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom