What's new

Is Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan better than Lata Mangeshkar?

Have you ever read/heard Shah Rukh Khan being compared to Kareena Kapoor..
Bizzare!
Apple to oranges are being compare..

Bizzare!

Why not?both are actors.Why can't we compare them on the basis of their acting!

Although both are good but NFAK would smoke Lata any day, seriously he is the ONLY singer I have seen who can even make dance foreigners to his tunes. He was so much popular beyond sub continent. He was the best of the best, in league of his own.

Thats the end of the story :D

Although both are good but NFAK would smoke Lata any day, seriously he is the ONLY singer I have seen who can even make dance foreigners to his tunes. He was so much popular beyond sub continent. He was the best of the best, in league of his own.

Thats the end of the story :D

Tum ik gorakhdhandha ho.. :-D

Dear Indirani its NOT your fault.

for listening to Nusrat fateh one has to have a big chunk of brain :).

NVM if you or your locality's boys do not know NFAK.

Cheers

he had been singing qawwalis since decades but these dint bring him to fame. It was only after he started fusion now people even younger ones today started searching his old qawwalis and also his ghazals/geet.

try "Phir palat kar nahi ayee nigah, tujh pe qurban ho gai ho gee"

He was always very famous as a qawwal in punjab much before all that confusion era, people used to invite him all over punjab villages for functions. I remember one such function where he performed in our village in 80s. I also read he was invited by Raj kapoor to perform on the wedding celebrations of his son Rishi kapoor in 1980, so he was well known even in india before he got into that fusion business. By the way we still remember him from his punjabi qawwalis rather than anything else.

He was always very famous as a qawwal in punjab much before all that confusion era, people used to invite him all over punjab villages for functions. I remember one such function where he performed in our village in 80s. I also read he was invited by Raj kapoor to perform on the wedding celebrations of his son Rishi kapoor in 1980, so he was well known even in india before he got into that fusion business. By the way we still remember him from his punjabi qawwalis rather than anything else.
Punjab is NOT the world :)

you probably dint listen to his other work. NVM

Punjab is NOT the world :)

you probably dint listen to his other work. NVM

I have interacted with many western people who post under his old punjabi qawalis on youtube and many of them told me that they are listening mainly these punjabi qawwalis of nusrat for many decades, he is the only pakistani musician who has international following. Also Raj kapoor was living in Bombay not in punjab.

Bizzare!

well you may have a point but again since Lata and NFAK both are legends.

Both are considered soothing by listeners hence the poster posted such a question.

I can state here a quote from my mentor . He used to say "Lata k ganay bohat saray pareshan logon k dil ko sakoon detay hain iss liye mera yeh khayal ha k wo Janat main jaye gi" :)

Both are considered soothing by listeners hence the poster posted such a question.

I can state here a quote from my mentor . He used to say "Lata k ganay bohat saray pareshan logon k dil ko sakoon detay hain iss liye mera yeh khayal ha k wo Janat main jaye gi" :)

He must be a religiously mirasi person :lol:

Aise tu sharab bhi bht se totay hoye dilo ko sakoon deti hai bhai :D

Back
Top Bottom