What's new

Is it Agni-1 Prime?

I'm sure you'll read about Pakistani composite motors in some reputed research papers. *wink*

Yeah, divergent losses are not good, but as I said...as long as the missiles are able to strike the desired distance with the desired payload, it doesn't matters.

What about desired accuracy if the payload is conventiona?

Again Partly true. Upto initial version of Agni III old terrain mapping and old systems were used for terminal accuracy. Gyros used were of old technologies. From Agin IV onward, loads of new technologies came in.
You just proved I have wasted my time writing and explaining.
There is no "terrain mapping" in any version of Agni. Period! Where do you pull these from? As I said, LRGs were introduced in as far back as Agni-3.
RLG measures drift and tries to keep vehicle on predetermined path so that when it reaches target and terminal guidance mechanism takes over, vehicle is not too far away from target that it can not hit target by correcting the path
RLG measures either euler angles or the rates. The drift here refers to the bias that comes in over time. You do realize what you have described is known as "PN-guidance" scheme- which is applicable to tactical missiles like BVR etc and not to strategic missiles.
Because of limitations of RLG, the complementary system is required which complements the accuracy which can not be taken care by RLG.
Again you understand nothing- absolutely nothing! You are confusing RLG and complimentary filter. A complementary filter is the one that combines the angular measurement from gyroscope and accelerometer to present a more stable euler angles. You see the angular measurement from gyroscope is stable although it has an inherent drift- i.e a certain amount of bias sets in over time. Similarly angular measurement from accelerometer is devoid of any drift however it is too jerky and riddled with noise. So you need to use either complementary filter or the Kalman filter to combine both these readings to form a stable picture.I have implemented these and much more. Follow my YouTube channel and you'd understand what I am saying!
So what you say is only a part of truth and your claim that only. Your claim that one do not improve accuracy by multiple redundancy is totally fase.
What do you do by the way? Tell me, again?

I have only said that many new technologies like advance guidance and composite motor went into Agni series from Agni IV. I have never said that composite motor will improve accuracy. You are unable to read my post properly and puts your assumption in. It is not good for a research students particularly who writes articles on TVC.
I have wasted enough of my time! Thanks! Kindly find somebody like yourself to have these discussions.

I'm sure you'll read about Pakistani composite motors in some reputed research papers. *wink*
@The Deterrent
Yes I know I would never see such a paper. To be brutally honest, Pakistani presence at major Aerospace events like AIAA conferences, IACAS etc is virtually non-existent. Sadly the culture of doing good Aerospace research isnt quite there in Pakistan yet. I was really serious about the discussion but what really turns me off is when I/we have to indulge in speculations or conspiracy theories etc.
Anyways, steering the discussion slightly away, what do you think of how Pakistani SLBM might shape up in future? This is something even you have alluded to in your past posts.

There is no "terrain mapping" in any version of Agni. Period! Where do you pull these from? As I said, LRGs were introduced in as far back as Agni-3.

Boss you have serious comprehension issue. Where did I say that you said it?
RLG measures either euler angles or the rates. The drift here refers to the bias that comes in over time

And I exactly refer to that. Your understanding is so poor that you are unable to read and comprehend a sentence properly.

What do you do by the way? Tell me, again?
This simply means that for better guidance, redundancy is required and only RLG is not enough as you claimed because RLG do not correct its path in reference to any reference point. It just measures the deviation and try to correct deviation.
I have wasted enough of my time! Thanks! Kindly find somebody like yourself to have these discussions.

Fine . Let us end it. Your shallow knowledge coupled with big egos even do not allow you to comprehend even a simple sentence correctly. Better you discuss with @Deterrent who is also a low knowledge high ego individual like you.

Good bye.

Don't quote me.

What about desired accuracy if the payload is conventiona?
Pakistan Strategic Forces Commands primarily operate nuclear weapons.

I LMAO-ed hard on this too, but didn't point it out as princess here believes in fairy tales.
The Agni series lacks active guidance seekers, control surfaces and spins for stability (except A-2, which is fin-stabilized). All of which means that there is no maneuvering for error reduction in the terminal phase, when the RVs are blazing through dense atmosphere, thereby inducing error of 2-3 digits (in meters).

Anyways, steering the discussion slightly away, what do you think of how Pakistani SLBM might shape up in future? This is something even you have alluded to in your past posts.
There are no immediate plans for an SLBM, since there is no platform for it under construction at the moment. I would recommend waiting for last of the Hangor-II class submarines (S-26/S-30), there MIGHT be certain surprises there.

Hi! Folks!
Randomly sifting through internet after ASAT tests, I ran into these pics. This missile seems a bit bigger for Agni-1*. It is also not the ASAT weapon that was tested recently- kindly compare both the stages and it'll become apparent that it is very different from the ASAT that was tested recently. The first stage seems to have a dia of 1.4-1.5m and full composite motor. There are no external control surfaces. which means it has thrust vectoring throughout.
View attachment 550168
It is also not the SLBM and too small for Agni-6. Agni-6 is supposed to have a 2m dia composite rocket. I wonder when will they test K-5 SLBM. As of now, that missile has attained the maximum priority in Indian strategic weapons development bypassing the Agni series. This particular weapon seems to be Pakistan specific and might have a range of 1000-1200km and will be canisterized thereby providing quick firing at a very short notice. I remember watching one seminar wherein DG DRDO clearly said they want to upgrade Agni-1 to make it more advanced and add features like higher Isp propellant, full composites, canisterization etc.
@The Deterrent
@Joe Shearer
@Nilgiri

That looks like a test rig. A more or less real first stage with a dummy second stage. Or both stages are dummies.

It's probably being used for designing the TEL.

Yeah, divergent losses are not good, but as I said...as long as the missiles are able to strike the desired distance with the desired payload, it doesn't matters.
These are the exact words of my Space Prop Professor. Exact.
You are correct w.r.t composite motors and propellants in your earlier post.

I have heard these same lines so many times in IST, that i ve lost count.
Isnt it past time that we changed our thinking?
Any chance of you being from KRL or Suparco?

Last edited:
Isnt it past time that we changed our thinking?
Can Pakistan afford the resources for the desired change in thinking?

Any chance of you being from KRL or Suparco?
Nope, I merely study online literature and derive conclusions. A lot can be inferred if you know where to look and what to read.

No may be not as good as you. It was not taught to me in IIM strategic management studies.
Aw, look who's now trying to get in a war of words. Too bad, little princess won't get her ego satisfied here.

No may be not as good as you. It was not taught to me in IIM strategic management studies.
Hahaha, seriously? Like seriously? Dude do you even know what AIAA is? You have some very serious comprehension issues. Very serious. You make things as you go and mix and confuse things as if it's evening talks.
Do you "understand" what you write yourself?

No, And this is way more disheartening than i can describe.
Hi @M.AsfandYar
You folks should take the lead and do "good" research and publish papers at AIAA, ACC to name a few!

That looks like a test rig. A more or less real first stage with a dummy second stage. Or both stages are dummies.

It's probably being used for designing the TEL.
Might be, but it's just too detailed and the second stage doesn't match up to ASAT, that's why I was curious

Hahaha, seriously? Like seriously? Dude do you even know what AIAA is? You have some very serious comprehension issues. Very serious. You make things as you go and mix and confuse things as if it's evening talks.
Do you "understand" what you write yourself?

What is ALISA?Where did I mentioned it. Why do you pop up again and again to expose your stupidity. You quoted me for something I never mentioned. You did this for third time.

What is ALISA?Where did I mentioned it. Why do you pop up again and again to expose your stupidity. You quoted me for something I never mentioned. You did this for third time.
No I said "AIAA" in reference to your remarks about my research papers. Also its AIAA and not ALISA. How come you're so dumb? And stubborn as well. Tell me honestly if you really understand anything that you yourself have written? I hope I can expect some honesty!

You are unable to read my post properly and puts your assumption in. It is not good for a research students particularly who writes articles on TVC.
My post above was in response to this!

Back
Top Bottom