What's new

Is Iran really strong ?

This is a fact . . the regime in Iran exploits it in order to stay in power . . and suppression the opposition calls for reform . . Israel has become a heroin used by the regime in Iran to numb the people of iran

From what i have been observingit seems most people in Iran are against the regime , i may be wrong though

This is a fact . . the regime in Iran exploits it in order to stay in power . . and suppression the opposition calls for reform . . Israel has become a heroin used by the regime in Iran to numb the people of iran

Whereas you'll sell your own family to them for a buck.

One needs to understand the Iranian mindset - they see themselves as the natural heirs to the Persian Empire which of course was one of the predominant empires of Asia. They are also not Arab ethnically, but Persian and yet aspire to lead the Muslim world. And they subscribe to the Shia sect and not the Sunni. So Iran as strong as it thinks it is? NO. But it is not a pushover state either. The people of Iran are a lot more grounded and less fanatical when compared to the average Arab.

at what bases you make that fact . . in QS World University Rankings 2010 . .the University of Tehran ranked 401 while the Saudi King Fahad University Ranked 255
QS World University Rankings - Topuniversities

I base it on the total number of scientific publications and the fact that I've seen papers in my field submitted from Iran before and never seen anything published from Saudi Arabia?

Akhi Nishan, is it just because you are an Arab you've opened a thread to bash Iran? Do you realize that the people of the home country represented by this forum are part of the greater Turko-Persian civilization, even if their views and those of Iran may be differing? How would you feel if some of them began starting anti-Arab threads? Don't make enemies of people you can befriend. Thanks.

at what bases you make that fact . . in QS World University Rankings 2010 . .the University of Tehran ranked 401 while the Saudi King Fahad University Ranked 255
QS World University Rankings - Topuniversities

Scientific outcome has nothing to do with university rankings
Do u knw abt the scientific publications by Iran ??

Their space program, nuclear energy , etc

Even I think Iran is much more scientifically advanced than other arab nations .
I have no source for it , it's just my assumption

I base it on the total number of scientific publications and the fact that I've seen papers in my field submitted from Iran before and never seen anything published from Saudi Arabia?

this answer does not reflect a broad view . . if you did not see anything published from Saudi Arabi . This is your problem . . and please . . No need to mention my family again

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Whereas you'll sell your own family to them for a buck.

just for record

this answer does not reflect a broad view . . if you did not see anything published from Saudi Arabi . This is your problem . . and please . . No need to mention my family again

just for record

lol what you think I'd change my post? Besides what would you call the Arab attitude towards the Palestinians? They are family no?

As for scientific publications, here

Scientific output has grown 11 times faster in Iran than the world average, faster than any other country. A survey of the number of scientific publications listed in the Web of Science database shows that growth in the Middle East – mostly in Turkey and Iran – is nearly four times faster than the world average

Iran showing fastest scientific growth of any country - science-in-society - 18 February 2010 - New Scientist

I'm pretty sure that no Arab country has any significant research base, I'd be happy if someone can find another link.

Remember this moment very well . . You mention the subject of Shiites, Sunnis, not I am . . I have worked in Bahrain for three years and I think that the conditions of the Bahraini Shiites who suffer from poverty " As you claim" is a thousand times better than the situation of the Iranian people . . On the other hand . . How do you explain Iran encourage to the demonstrations in Bahrain and calling it a (((fair))) while at the same time, the Iranian regime kills the Iranian people In the streets of Tehran, when they demonstrate
because you didn't read enough the news
Iran is saying it FOR ALL THE UPRISINGs except the ones in Iran: Libya, Egypt, tunisia, and so
no exception for Bahrain !

yes they are poor
yes they cannot enter army they cannot do a lot of things which normal citizen in any country could do
yes Bahrain is giving jobs to foreigners because they don't want to give to shias
and it is nothing to do with Iran even in the past this land was ours and it was given by these bastard english to the arabs
but now it is like this populated by arab people
and it is an inside problem

and it is clear that the king should learn respect its people, all of them
it doesn't need revolution but a big big change which he didn't want because it is better for him than his minority gets everything
he is not better than ben ali or other dictators who were just kicked

again Iran 's governement always speaks a lot

and i didn't like this stupid governement which is a shame for Iranians
you could see tonight on the streets in south of Tehran people are crying against Khamenei who didn't want to hear about our celebrations of nowrouz
(Chaharshambeh Suri: fire)

they keep power by brutality by force

we need to respect each other
but don't expect a real muslim to encourage a dictator to have unrespect for its citizens

There is something wrong on Arabs especially Nishan. It is even more wiser to DIVIDE and CONQUER Arabs States (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Jordan, Libyan, etc). They are low class people (unable to stand up against Mubarak, Gandafi, Kings, etc in a long period)

Akhi Nishan, is it just because you are an Arab you've opened a thread to bash Iran? Do you realize that the people of the home country represented by this forum are part of the greater Turko-Persian civilization, even if their views and those of Iran may be differing? How would you feel if some of them began starting anti-Arab threads? Don't make enemies of people you can befriend. Thanks.

dear sir . .The subject is not personal . . I discuss a subject that you can listen to it on the BBC and on all television stations . .and I'm not an Arab I am a Chechen Jordanian . . and I think that I am closer in roots to the Turks and Persians than the Arabs . . This is a political issue in the whole world talking about today . . I am as a Muslim not satisfied about what Iran is doing to some Islamic countries . .particularly the Arab States . . Iranian politicians Divide and weaken Muslim states

There is something wrong on Arabs especially Nishan. It is even more wiser to DIVIDE and CONQUER Arabs States (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Jordan, Libyan, etc). They are low class people (unable to stand up against Mubarak, Gandafi, Kings, etc in a long period)

Lower class people? That is a bit too far.

Back
Top Bottom