What's new

Is IPL good for Indian Cricket ?

Is IPL good for Indian Cricket

• Total voters
I am sure you are mature enough to understand that stats dont lie. Why you bring up one series/game when I am talking about a period of 3 years is beyond my comprehension.

Why these Stats fail against Aussies B team on your home ground?
:what:

IPL is a pathetic,stupid,nonsense and useless tournament with hasn't bring any good to Indian cricket or International cricket. It is a stupidity at its height.
:angry:

IPL doing good to cricket and it's traditions? I leave this to experts and time to decide.

There is nothing pathetic and stupid about IPL. It's a big industry created thousands of jobs and good for our economy and also helping poor players of India and abroad. I do not see any thing wrong in it.

If IPL is bad why there are enormous attempts in Pakistan to arrange T20 tournaments and start league? ...... What do you say anout PSL (Pakistan super league), Karachi Champions T20 League?????

Oh ... I see you are jealous .... non from PCB benefited form IPL... Grapes are sour.

Why these Stats fail against Aussies B team on your home ground?
:what:

I am sorry but I have to get personal here. Please tell me how old are you and what is your level of education? I am asking this as that would tell me where to start explaining basic logic and statistics to you.

For now, please understand that I am not talking about one particular match or series but the whole 3 year period. Indian may have lost to the Aussie B team but they managed to beat other teams a lot of times and that would have caused the overall average/record to be favorable. Even Australia lost the CB home series to India (08-09) but they still top the ODI figures.

Again I am not saying India is the best cricketing country out there. I was just providing figures to say that Indian is amongst the top three.

Last edited:
Then why did you lost to Australia B team when they toured India. They were suffering from injuries and were missing many important players. You lost the series didn't you. :azn:

nd wht about pakistan that travel aussies last time ...
not a single match they are able to win .....

wht u say abt it... from ur comparison pakistan is underdog tem ??
isnt it??

I am sorry but I have to get personal here. Please tell me old are you and what is your level of education? I am asking this as that would tell me where to start explaining basic logic and statistics to you.

For now, please understand that I am not talking about one particular match or series but the whole 3 year period. Indian may have lost to the Aussie B team but they managed to beat other teams a lot of times and that would have caused the overall average/record to be favorable. Even Australia lost the CB home series to India (08-09) but they still top the ODI figures.

Again I am not saying India is the best cricketing country out there. I was just providing figures to say that Indian is amongst the top three.

Leave my education and age but I just want to give you my best wishes to you that your team might not be kick out of the next major ICC tournament before reaching into the semis. Hope IPL would help them to achieve this task.

No offence. These are my best wishes.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Indians must quit ICC & restrict themselves to IPL :D

Last edited:
Simply put, IPL is a double-edged sword. It has the potential to make India the best team in the world (like Aus was around 2003). It really brings out a lot of youngsters and give them an opportunity to test themselves in conditions more challenging than the domestic circuit.

Currently the IPl is not living up to its potential. In order to make the tournament entertaining, every pitch is made into a road, where bowlers have to struggle and batsmen dominate with ease. Players playing IPL are only exposed to one type of pitch. so they will struggle when put in different conditions

IPL should have a balanced range of pitches, from the traditional batting-friendly Indian pitches to grounds that will rival the WACA in pace and bounce to slow, turning spin-friendly pitches. This will really test the players under all conditions and give them confidence to play anyone anywhere.

Also, IPL should not immediately precede the world cup. that will really tire the players out. They should have at least a month to recoup.

Yes it is. Atleast they have proper cricket league. BUT they need to make good fast tracks so there batsmenn can play bounce. Same is for Pakistan we have fast bowlers who are dieing on flat tracks

only wrong thing about IPL is that it happens just before world cup...
and with ipl all indian players tired because almost all indian player play in ipl

but main thing is that IPL made cricket truly international now IPL management planed one shorter version in usa also
with ipl and these type leagues cricket at least become popular in whole world like football and basketball

I feel that there are 2 groups of players in IPL.
1) Already playing international cricket.
2) New players need exposure to good cricket.

For International player I think it is little gain but lot of loss, the reason I feel is that they were already stretched when IPL started. there were daily news about players complaining about not having rest and then IPL started which meant no rest at all. I feel it is impacting the cricketers and you can see this year and last time both Virendra Shewag got injured in IPL and could not play T20 world cup. So for money/business IPL is created.

For new players it is definitely good.

By the way T20 world is very funny IMO, unlike ODI where you can predict a strong team will win you never know who will win. Last time Pakistan was losing most matches initially but won the world cup, same is happening this time too, they just managed to enter semis not on their performance but because England beat Newzeland. Now if they win the cup what do you say.

Cmonn, IPL has nothing to do with Poor performance of Indian team .
Those players who were out of form in IPL were bad in west-indies also .
These below were poor in IPL and in world cup too( Worst they could be )
Yuvraj
Sehwag(thank god not picked in team)
Gambhir
Dhoni
Zaheer
Pathan Brothers ( one was not picked even )
We are talking of 80% of team winners here.

Now guys that performed well in IPL were good in world cup too
Harbhajan
Raina
Rohit
Kohli ( sad was not picked)
Robin Uthappa ( blunder not picking him for WC)
Pravven kumar , RP singh ( struggling with fitness)
Sachin was smashing in IPL ( but not in WC as he refused to play)

Same goes with International Team
Jayawardene, Malinga , Angelo mathhews
Pieterson, Collingwood
Warner,Watson,Nannes,Tait , Bollinger
Kallis,Morkell performed and they did same in WC too

Note it- Jayasurya failed in IPL and in WC too , so was SMITH,Dumminy,McCullum,Brett Lee (good Aus didn't pick him) etc

Its simply that 80% of players are not in form and they are match winners for us for last 5 years .
Guys give them time - They are classy skilled players .
Dont worry about Short-pitch stuff -
We smashed Aussies in their own backyard at Perth(worlds fastest pitch) both in Tests and One day series Finals .
We beat Kiwis in Newzealand by 4-1 in one-day series 9 months back on bouncy tracks.

Batting is our strength - it failed miserably , our batters are struggling for form and fitness .
Its a pity that so many were out of form in this world cup .

Dont worry - Aussies are arriving in India late this year and We will smash them like we did 3 years back when they visited India .

Last edited:
I feel that there are 2 groups of players in IPL.
1) Already playing international cricket.
2) New players need exposure to good cricket.

For International player I think it is little gain but lot of loss, the reason I feel is that they were already stretched when IPL started. there were daily news about players complaining about not having rest and then IPL started which meant no rest at all. I feel it is impacting the cricketers and you can see this year and last time both Virendra Shewag got injured in IPL and could not play T20 world cup. So for money/business IPL is created.

For new players it is definitely good.

By the way T20 world is very funny IMO, unlike ODI where you can predict a strong team will win you never know who will win. Last time Pakistan was losing most matches initially but won the world cup, same is happening this time too, they just managed to enter semis not on their performance but because England beat Newzeland. Now if they win the cup what do you say.

Lol that's just being a poor sport mate, we were the underdogs in that tournament and you only look at we lost.. Look at 'how' we lost.. Pakistani team is where it is at because of how they played, you guys could have easily been in the semis yesterday yet you got whopped.

Lol that's just being a poor sport mate, we were the underdogs in that tournament and you only look at we lost.. Look at 'how' we lost.. Pakistani team is where it is at because of how they played, you guys could have easily been in the semis yesterday yet you got whopped.

Fair point.

@ creder - lol..your poll options says what you wanna listen...

the title asks is IPL good for India ?? - I says yes..but you simply havent kept the option..

secondly - why the option with jadeja = ipl = ***** ???
jadeaj didnt play in IP so no sense associating him with IPL...
about the hot gals ..oh love them and ..dont you??..well that means you have been following IPl....gud to know that..

On topic -

guys just IPl IPL and IPL.....what has happened to you all ????
even you know it will nevr get banned...its now a profitable business to BCCI and many Indian companies and ofcourse the plyers and the officials ...so IPL will not get banned or stopped..but on contrary if its bad or have proved unfruitful for the Indian cricket team (that too only in this WC) then they have all the time to improve things....

If IPL is the reason why players could not perform then you must remember there are player from all over the world who played IPl and not all are prforming badly...infact there are teams who did not play IPl like Pakistan..did that help them to play better in this WC ???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom