What's new

Is Indian Aggresive Posturing Prelude to a Fourth War with Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinod,

Both nations have very strong family values and are very strong family oriented cultures.

Many of those abroad have family and friends in Pakistan, that many of us visit regularly even as we pursue careers, education, life outside of Pakistan - do not for a moment think that the repercussions of economic hardship, terrorism or a war are taken lightly by most here.

Well, I have many friends and relatives in the same position as you, so I do understand what you are saying.

But I have observed this tendency among the expatriates to get more "patriotic" then the people back home especially in terms of advocating military warfare or nuclear holocaust. Perhaps the knowledge that they themselves are safely away does play a part in that. It is true for people on both sides.

India is definitely not looking for a war - the mood in the country is hostility for the government rather than towards Pakistan.

However, The Indian leaders are under public pressure to "talk tough" against Pakistan and try to send them a "Stern warning", though I think that would hurt the egos of the Pakstani establishment and make them less likely to help us.

I wish India bans over head flights again :P

I dont' know why we even resumed those flights. They alone had halfened the amount of direct communication they had with their Afghan terror camps and of course costing them millions daily,

Indian puts air defence on high alert: Military sources
Updated at: 1823 PST, Saturday, November 29, 2008
Indian puts air defence on high alert: Military sources ISLAMABAD: The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) and the Director General of the Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) met here on Saturday to discuss the situation prevailing due to the recent incidents of terrorism in Mumbai.

Geo News senior correspondent Hamid Mir has said that Pakistan army officials held an important briefing session with a group of senior journalists. The military officials said that after Mumbai attacks, the Indian External Affairs Minister, Pranab Mukherjee called senior Pakistani officials and gave threats. The officials said that it seems as if Indian authorities wanted to ‘escalate’ the already fragile situation.

Considering the gravity of situation, Pakistan has made it clear to the United States of America and its allies in Europe that if India keeps blaming Pakistan for Mumbai attacks, Pakistan would have no option but to pull back its troops from the Western border to Eastern border. India has also put its air defence on high alert, they added.

According to well-placed sources, it has been made clear to the US and European Union (EU) that in case of any eventuality, India will have to suffer more than Pakistan. Mir said there are indications suggesting that Pak army is being pulled out from the Western border. Military sources also said that instead of pointing fingers at neighbours, India should address the root causes of terrorism inside its own territory.

^^^^ good post:tup:........but it has already posted at main:cool:

it is very unfortunate how things seem to be getting worse. The sympathy which was there for the people of bombay is fast disappearing.
It always surprises me that how fast the leads appear in any so called terrorist actions in India. Where other countries with much more advanced security network may take weeks Indians take hours to come to their conclusions.
I hope sanity prevails.
War will kill many and destroy both countries.
But getting fed up of the indian attitude. Maybe once and for all we should DO OR DIE.
Also to add the people have changed greatly in pakistan regards their attitude towards india but i dont see any similar change on other side.
The media and government in pakistan are very careful regards their comments about indian involvement in our problems. But the same is not the case in india.
so unfortunate

BRING IT ONNN
lol but i dont think the rest of the world is gonna let this war happen
its gonna be the same as 2002-2003

please intruduce your self mr malik in itruduction thread

thanks

Yes I think the Indians were too quick to jump the gun by putting out half-assed theories about Pakistani and then Bangladeshi involvement. This pretty much ensures that what ever now comes out will be discredited and the whole investigation process cast in doubt and suspicion.

PAF on red alert... Next 24 Hours will make or brake...

they should try to fix their inernal problembs instead of pointing finger. india is only benefetting from this situation

Security high alert at airports
Updated : Saturday November 29 , 2008 8:38:42 PM

ISLAMABAD: Orders have been issued for security high alert at all airports of the country after current situation in the country and Indian threat of dire consequences against Pakistan.

After the government directives checking has been tightened at the airports. Police and ASF personnel are monitoring passengers and the luggage being thoroughly checked.

PAF on red alert... Next 24 Hours will make or brake...

Nothing gonna happen they will end up loosing sleep being in the state of alert. Terrorist have already taken care to make this issue a international one.

it is very unfortunate how things seem to be getting worse. The sympathy which was there for the people of bombay is fast disappearing.
It always surprises me that how fast the leads appear in any so called terrorist actions in India. Where other countries with much more advanced security network may take weeks Indians take hours to come to their conclusions.
I hope sanity prevails.
War will kill many and destroy both countries.
But getting fed up of the indian attitude. Maybe once and for all we should DO OR DIE.
Also to add the people have changed greatly in pakistan regards their attitude towards india but i dont see any similar change on other side.
The media and government in pakistan are very careful regards their comments about indian involvement in our problems. But the same is not the case in india.
so unfortunate

^^^^^^ nice posturing on the real situations going on with India and feelings in Pakistan:tup:

However I also agreed with the remarks posted by 'Flintlock' i.e.;
India is definitely not looking for a war - the mood in the country is hostility for the government rather than towards Pakistan.

However, The Indian leaders are under public pressure to "talk tough" against Pakistan and try to send them a "Stern warning", though I think that would hurt the egos of the Pakstani establishment and make them less likely to help us.

Dear 'Flintlock' sir your remarks regarding 'war' look very true in view of gobal senario at present.
While your comments on Indian politicians (sorry i now cann't say them now, leaders), are eye-opening which remove my impression that india is rich in mature leadership, and now i got that India also is lacking in leadership ......... and they are now exploiting:flame: the situation with Pakistan as usual as tradition rival, just to prolong their own political career.

In fact I now i reached to the conclusion that these political elites of both sides, only the reason who never wish peace developments in between both countries.
GOD BLESS ALL OF US -GOOD LUCK:tup::cheers:

Pakistan to move troops if Indian tensions worsen
Kamran Haider

Saturday, 29 Nov, 2008 | 09:42 PM PST |

The next two days would prove crucial to relations between the two countries, a senior security official said. — Reuters

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan will divert troops to its border with India and away from fighting militants on the Afghan frontier, if tensions erupt in the wake of the attacks on Mumbai, a senior Pakistani security official said on Saturday.
The next two days would prove crucial to relations between the nuclear-armed rivals, a second official said, after India blamed 'elements' from Pakistan for the coordinated assault on Mumbai that killed 195 people.
'If something happens on that front, the war on terror won't be our priority,' the senior security officer told journalists at a briefing.
'We'll take out everything from the western border. We won't leave anything there.'
The warning will alarm the United States and other governments with troops in Afghanistan, as Pakistan currently has around 100,000 troops in the border areas, and the army is fighting militants in several tribal regions.
The country's support is regarded as crucial to efforts to defeat al-Qaeda globally and quell a Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan.
The senior officer described the communication received from New Delhi notifying Pakistan of suspicions of a Pakistani link to the attacks on Mumbai as 'well within limits.'
But a second more junior, but also high-ranking, officer said Indian Foreign Minister Pranab Mukherjee had been aggressive and the Indian accusations had implied that Pakistani agencies were somehow involved.
'I can say with my authority under my command that there's no involvement of any Pakistani institution in any manner,' the high-ranking officer said.
'It's not an ideal situation for a country to go to war. Coercion is there and it's going up and it needs to be neutralised.'
Indian suspicions are focused on Lashkar-i-Taiba, one of several militant groups fighting the Indian army in Kashmir.
Analysts say L-i-T had enjoyed support from Pakistani agencies in the past. Pakistan denies the allegations and says it only ever gave moral and diplomatic support for Kashmiri freedom fighters.
TENSIONS RISE
The officer said tensions with India were escalating rapidly and the next one to two days would prove crucial.
'They'll have clarity of thought and we'll have clarity of the situation in next 24-48 hours,' he said.
The two nuclear-armed rivals went to the brink of war in 2002, but embarked on a peace process in 2004 that has ground on for the last four years.
The more senior official said the Indian government had underestimated how strong Indian militants have become.
'It shocked us to see the level of sophistication of manoeuvring involved (in the attacks),' he said.
'India was not ready for that.'
Pakistan had asked for evidence of the involvement of anyone in Pakistan, but India had so far not supplied any, he said.
The Pakistani government on Saturday said it would send a member of the military's Inter-Services Intelligence agency to India, having retracted a commitment made a day earlier to send ISI chief Lieutenant-General Ahmad Shujaa Pasha for an exchange of information.
The more senior official said it was unlikely that any Pakistani intelligence officer would be going to India in the near future.
Not in our name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom